ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m rewatching Ken Burn’s “The War”, as one does, and went for a deep Google dive on McAulliffe’s “NUTS!” reply to the Germans at Bastogne. An even better response was suggested to explain “NUTS!,” but was not translated at that meeting: “Tell them to go take a flying shit.”

So, GYERO, I bid you a good evening, may you all GGP and GTAFS. Bon soir.

Seminole Wind >> John Deere Green.

But both great tunes.

I love ya, LB, but both of those songs suck. And so does Joe Diffie.

John Anderson had some decent stuff, "Swingin", not included but "I just came home to count the memories" & "Straight Tequila Nights" are considerably better.

All of Diffie's crap is crap

Not trying to take sides with wcc here, but today could be the first day since 5/5 that our hi temp stays in the 70s down here in south central. Of course that day (5/5) was a total Derby Party washout too. We better have a nice, long fall. All I’m saying.

I know it doesn't make me a true golf ball but these tournaments are so much more compelling when Tiger is in contention. :popcorn:

Man, that was fun. :fire:

Best player won, Molinari has been the best player in the World this summer. Dude is just a machine right now - to not card a single bogey the entire weekend out there is incredible.

Took away any shot at what could have been one of the dopest playoffs ever with that group at -6, which could have easily included Tiger/Spieth as well. Shew

-Oh, and leave your babies at home please if you wish to attend a major.[eyeroll]

Last edited:
Starting to wonder about Spieth. 76 today. Seems to have a lot of blow-ups in final rounds. And yes, I know he won the tournament last year. Just wondering what his deal is.

He’s got the lowest Final Rd average on Tour this year, actually. #1

He’s had a few blowups for sure, but I Think it’s more about how often he’s in real contention that makes it seem like some sort of “problem” with him (compared to others) bc he’s seemingly always contending, even when he’s not even playing well. His game rises at major time more than anyone else’s.

Golf is the only sport where the best still lose 90% of the time.

Kentucky Utilities is world-class awful.

How does an electric company get blindsided and caught with their pants at their ankles and tiny dicks out in the middle of storm season with...you guessed it....a storm. Not a tornado. Not a flood. Just a good ol fashioned severe thunderstorm.

On the surface they've got two things to do. These are two things that must be right or you will lose clients(except they don't have a choice in this case).

1. Charge people correctly.

2. Keep the F'ing electric on.

John Higgins is on the board of directors at KU.

At 10am there were 25k without power. After a presumably 250+ with lots of tattoos and fake hair spent 20 minutes assuring me they've had crews from all over the state working all day long. At 3:30 the update comes....25k without power. [laughing]

They’ve had crews working non stop from all up and down I75 you dumb shit. And now they are purposely not cutting your power back on.

They’ve had crews working non stop from all up and down I75 you dumb shit. And now they are purposely not cutting your power back on.

I have a generator taking care of the power, although I do have to fill it up on occasion which is mildly inconvenient. More the principle of it than anything.

Keep us updated on the crews on I-75 LaShonda, you got an estimate on time as well?

Being the most powerful wind gust is like winning the spelling bee in a special class.

But congrats to mother nature on those almost record setting wind gusts.

Judging by Facebook, power being out for a whole one day in Lexington is pretty much the same as the Purge happening.

Hope these folks aren’t ever convinced to go camping, they’d be in for real surprise.

Man, that was fun. :fire:

Best player won, Molinari has been the best player in the World this summer. Dude is just a machine right now - to not card a single bogey the entire weekend out there is incredible.

Took away any shot at what could have been one of the dopest playoffs ever with that group at -6, which could have easily included Tiger/Spieth as well. Shew

-Oh, and leave your babies at home please if you wish to attend a major.[eyeroll]

It was pretty awesome that somebody won the Claret Jug. Had money on / was rooting for them all, so I felt pretty good about my chances. Nothing but respect for the other pro golfers who did not win this weekend.

Pretty memorable that the guy who won was not only an exceptional golfer in general, but playing well at exactly the right time.

I know it's pretty axiomatic that the guy who played the best over the past 4 days deserved to win the tournament. But still.

Kind of like the lottery - somebody's gonna win - might as well be the guy with the lowest score.

Well, in the first five mins of "Who is America"...an elected State Rep from Georgia screamed the N-word several times, did a racist Asian impression, then dropped his pants and ran around bare assed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT