ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-SAE's snap of his flowing locks the other day. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

-Sorry Will, I just thought you were a wild driving youngin' not paying attention. No tips on doggie ACL surgery.

-Me and Anth go to the same gal. She charges me more b/c I get color/highlights. But I pay way less than most chicks because my hairdresser is my first best friend. But it's more than $30.

-2.5 weeks of respiratory crap for me. A minor summer cold turned into bronchitis/ear infection which has since turned into a sinus infection. The tooth/headaches are relentless. Only thing that really helps is Sudafed and then I feel lightheaded/dizzy. Doc, help me out. I'm finishing up a 10 day augmentin script. Advil/Tylenol combo kinda helps.

Maybe you’re allergic to ginkgo.

I didn't tip the last time I got a haircut about 20 years ago and you see what that SOB did to me. If I could do it all again, I would tip generously.

Sometimes, while shopping at the local Kroger(s), I will walk down the haircare aisle and pick up a tube of gel or can of mousse just to remember what that felt like.

Kind of like Chief feeling the legs of a mannequin somewhere in Texas while the rest of us are working.

@TheySoSensitive we just had ACL surgery on one of ours and we live in a stilted house which meant carrying her up and down the steps for two weeks. We keep her on a leash to do anything outside of the house and kept her cone on until the stitches were out to keep her from licking them.

Apparently having the second one snap is common after the first.

My wife's old hairdresser is one of her friends who became a stay at home mom so she just over to her house and gets it cut and still pulls out an extra $5-10 for the "tip". I tried to explain why that makes no sense but eventually gave up.

I don't understand disliking a PGA Tour player because they play slow. I mean, you're watching on TV, not playing behind them. Who gives a damn if they play slow?

* Getting a haircut is a waste of time, imo. #1 reason I go buzz cut.

BUT, if you’re gonna pay $40 to have some hot crazy chick run her tits on the back of your dome, I get it. I totally get it.

* Every golfer has played with Slow Golf Guy, and hates him. Easy to carry that over to hatred/fandom on the pro tour.

* Always cool to see Finau’s name up the leaderboard.

* I’m the bottle on the top shelf.

I don't understand disliking a PGA Tour player because they play slow. I mean, you're watching on TV, not playing behind them. Who gives a damn if they play slow?
First off, I still like and cheer for JB. But...the slow play is a major turnoff and if he wasn't from Kentucky I would probably cheer against him for that reason.

It's the trickle down effect it has on the game. Every effing 15 handicapper now has to look at all their putts from multiple angles, get their 6 practice swing pre-shot routine out of the way, double-check the wind and distance. Maddening. Be ready to hit the ball before your turn, get up there and go. Would cut an hour off of everyone's round and make the game more enjoyable.

And before you say "well, JB is playing for millions of dollars..." Yes, he is, and EVERY TIME he goes into this slow play garbage it hurts his game. He would be so much better off if he would take two practice swings and hit the damn ball.

As a man with hair longer than a lot of women, I can verify that women are charged significantly more for their haircuts than men solely because they’ll pay for it. I go to the same gal who cuts my wife’s hair, and mine costs 20% of what hers does.
It's the hen-pecking tax.

For those who haven’t met Swimmer, kind of a cross between John Snow and Eddie Vedder.

It's the trickle down effect it has on the game. Every effing 15 handicapper now has to look at all their putts from multiple angles, get their 6 practice swing pre-shot routine out of the way, double-check the wind and distance.

You can't blame tour players for slow play at your local muny. Even the fastest players on tour read putts from multiple angles and take a few practice cuts. Idiot hacks are always gonna try to act like the pros on TV. Golf courses not monitoring/enforcing PoP and letting singles/twosomes tee off whenever the hell they want w/o pairing anyone up is what holds up play most of the time.

Missed out by not going to barber school. The good ones are probably making $100/hr, maybe more, with almost all of it being tax free. Throw in the opportunity of being your own boss and almost no student debt, for good measure.

Reactions: roguemocha
Missed out by not going to barber school. The good ones are probably making $100/hr, maybe more, with almost all of it being tax free. Throw in the opportunity of being your own boss and almost no student debt, for good measure.

So UK Norm is Adam, huh?

-I used to get a massage and brow wax with the $40 but Obama then Trump. Now I can only get a baby coke. She goes through stages but at peak is a solid 7.5.

-Defended JB until his last mishap. It's really awful and awkward to watch. Still going to cheer for the dude if he's in the lead in a tourney but he needs to clean it up. No doubt it would help his game.

-Justa just worked back in as a reg after a cool 7-8 year layoff. Now if we could just get Herrm and KTatum it would be 2006.

-True to form the youngins are reinventing barber shops. Several small batch locally sourced hairology barber shops popping up. Meh, if I'm going barber shop I'd require some bass/deer on the wall and the little vacuum attachments on the clippers.

-Sagan picks up win #3 and hopefully gets at least 1 more in Paris. Sky falling off a mountain(no one injured of course) in the Pyrenees would make this Tour a great one.

-Paul Washington Jr seems to be taking this summer very serious. I like it. Last year I was distressed because I couldn't figure out lineup due to the pieces not working, this year I can't figure it out b/c we're too versatile.

-Joey Votto has never popped out to P, 1st, C. Feel like I'd heard that stat before but that's just amazing. Entire career.

-Post of the summer by SAE, straight bodied golf guy.

dca0d10e1f611d98a87f924fa3cfc290.image.1200x1200.jpg

I’m still just trying to put those three sentences together. I get the first about your brow wax. The last I assume your talking about your stylist.

How does baby coke fit in there?

The first time I lived in Louisville I always went to Strathmoor Barber shop. Those guys were straight $$ and true ole school. Sitting in there just listening to the old timers make crude, racist, sexist, jokes was part of the allure.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Guy I go to BB, has his own shop, couple extra chairs that his buddy “Hollywood” rents out to trim up his friends, has two big flat screens with sports on, fridge with beer and cokes, good AC.

I mean, that’s not a bad gig. They just sit around and cut up if they’re slow. Most of the time he’s cutting 2-3 guys/hr for $20+ per cut.

Brand new Vette AND a golf cart gang. Guy is killin it BRax style.

Reactions: UK_Norm
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT