ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF are you talking about?

What medical advice am I giving dumbass? I’m simply explaining what our dr is telling us about my son. I have no f’n clue what the dr is saying so I asked dr boat.

Where in your pea brain am I giving medical advice?

o_O

I think all those miles are taking a toll on Pti’s brain. Must be going commando today.

Bacteria are getting more resistant to antibiotics every year. Hopefully your doc can find one that it is sensitive too.

Lass has spent the night writing ornate letters to her bridesmaid selections. Fancy stationery, might have even seen a calligraphy pen.

I texted some bros.

I have about a dozen questions I want to ask but won’t, not the proper forum. Seriously, hope the kid heals up. Antibiotic resistance is up but that type of an infection should still be treatable... this may seem like rocket science, but they probably ought to try a different antibiotic. If they’ve already cultured out the bacterium, they should have resistance/susceptibility information shortly after. I’m assuming there’s an abscess somewhere and if it’s getting worse again, it probably needs opened up and cleaned out again by a surgeon. What you don’t want is for that to get into the bloodstream and/or set up in the heart and cause an endocarditis, you’re talking a lot more long term treatment/potential damage in that case. Be aggressive eradicating it now before it becomes a bigger problem.

Reactions: drxman1
Originally we thought it was a jammed finger because it was red/purple at the knuckle, but after a day or two it was clear the swelling got worse. They then diagnosed some sort of infection with some sort of antibiotic(his mom is a nurse and usually handles this stuff honestly thank god).

After 5 days it did nothing, so even though it was a 10 day medicine she took him back, they did an MRI and it turned out to be in his tendon. So the surgery last week was to wash it out and clean it up.

They had him on a Vank drip(sorry if I’m wrong or sound stupid but I’m krazykats) and when we came home we have 3 dressing changes a day and some antibiotic that catches everything except 3-4 bacteria. It looked great until last night but yesterday the incision was really starting to close up and today it was worse.

Going back to the surgeon tomorrow with the idea that it is eikenella, but really we have no clue.

Of course this is the kid with diabetes too so he is having a rough go at it, but keeps a smile and laughs with his head up. Actually takes after his momma with all this medical stuff which is awesome to witness.

Sorry GYERO but you guys know I’m an open book already.

*If* it’s Eikenella (is that an actual diagnosis you’ve received or speculation?), vancomycin won’t really do anything for it despite being a big-gun antibiotic. Mechanism of action works for gram positive bacteria, but it doesn’t work on gram negatives (that’s what eikenella is... has to do with the cell wall buildup of the bacteria). A really dumb analogy is throwing napalm on a wall made of stone... it’d work great if that wall was made of wood, but it isn’t.

That’s a bacteria that resides in everyone’s mouth... it’s totally harmless unless it’s in the wrong spot. It’s the equivalent of what e. Coli is to poop. Dunno if he developed some kind of cut and sucked on it or was chewing on his finger but those are possible ways you can get infected by it. I doubt he was shooting up with dirty needles or having someone else bite him but hey those are other ways to get an infection from it. Diabetes makes everything worse. Simple explanation is that diabetes = higher sugar content in the blood, and bacteria love sugar for energy so they thrive more easily. Infections are more likely to occur and tend to be worse in diabetics.

Bottom line... at this point, you need to know for sure what bacteria the infection is being caused by and use an effective antibiotic. If there’s a pocket of pus, it likely needs opened up and drained. Keep his blood sugar under good control throughout—it’ll be even harder to control than normal if he has an infection, and it’s more important than normal to keep it controlled. Good luck

***The content of UKSwimmer's previous post is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you read in GYERO.

/gyerolaw

I haven't watched any of the Olympics to this point but here it is 1:00am and I'm watching US WOMEN'S hockey vs Canada and I am all in...going to a shoot out, or whatever they do in hockey in OT

(This may have been on delay but I don't care)

Last edited:
Missed the boat on Lexington's Bible Mini Golf concept. Franchise opp?

thewhale.jpg

A Roll-Eyes sports bar with a mini-golf course built inside, along with a confessional booth to ask for legal and medical advice is a billion dollar idea.

Roll-Eyes, Inc.

^trademarked, bitches.

I stopped stocking up on ramen noodles the second I walked across that stage and got my bachelor’s degree don’t at me

-Loving the 90s movie references.

-I'm about to head over to the Ark. Seems we may need it.

-Man, the last 24 hours has been tough on Canada.

-Can not wait for Saturday. Feeling like we got a little revenge coming in front of a rejuvenated and tipsy Rupp.

Reactions: drxman1
So a kid whose classmates were shot down in cold blood has an agenda that involves trying to lessen gun violence in schools?

A stunning turn of events.
While the shooting was going on. He filmed himself talking about gun laws and enough is enough. It was unsettling and very scripted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT