ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted it seems like forever ago since we have seen Poytress ( Calism) play but his outside shot looked great his freshmen year. Compact and fluid.

His handle and overall ball skills will never be great but didn't he even shoot it somewhat well in the Bahamas?

from the Zagora writeup, sounds like the Murray canadian kid is in no touching hurry about anything. Visits, eh, maybe late May or June. Reclassifying to '15, maybe, we'll see, no rush!

I have the feeling that giving yourself the middle name "Trill" is going to ultimately be the equivalent of changing your name to "Tubular" back in the late 80s.

If Trill had played in the 80's, no doubt one of his neck tattoos would have been something like Howard the Duck playing guitar:

howard-guitar.png

So apparently this class of recruits were scared to come here because of how hard it would be to follow up 38-1??

A full blown collection of hatchet wounds the '15 class is.

One of my biggest sportswriter pet peeves:

When doing stuff like making a list of the top NFL/NBA prospects NEXT YEAR, but instead of just listing them 1-25 or 1-50 or whatever, they decide to assign them to actual teams. Like this example in a 2016 list of top NFL prospects on CBS today:

8. Atlanta Falcons -- Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell (6-2, 229, 4.52): Roddy White turns 34 during the upcoming season and Treadwell, who has a Dez Bryant-like skill-set when healthy, would be scary on the same field with Julio Jones.

WTF? What is the point of even acting like Atlanta will be at #8?

So apparently this class of recruits were scared to come here because of how hard it would be to follow up 38-1??

Plus you have to be a mental midget if you didn't realize on your own that Cal was not going to platoon again like ever.

WCS can change his name to Strawberry Shortcake for all I care. I'm not going to begrudge him. He's a 3 year player that was a valuable member on 2 of the most popular teams in BBN history.
wait

2 of the most popular? what's the other one? the one that fell from preseason #1 to an 8 seed? Don't get me wrong, it was a magical special 3 week run for that group....after a miserable disappointing 4 months.

"most popular" can be defined by anyone using whatever measures they want, of course. Me personally that 13-14 team aint in my top 10.

Pretty much any group of guys that is cute and nice gets "most favorite UK team EVER" labeled to them these days in Lexington.

Doesn't really matter what they achieve. Just that they're cool and fun.

Reactions: Mossip
ESPN's top 25 players for next year is out. Kyle Wiltjer is #2. If that's not an indictment of the talent level of college basketball next year, I don't know what is.

Mercy.

ESPN's top 25 players for next year is out. Kyle Wiltjer is #2. If that's not an indictment of the talent level of college basketball next year, I don't know what is.

Mercy.

Any Willdcats make the list? Let me guess- Skal at #6 and Ulis at #22?

Pretty much any group of guys that is cute and nice gets "most favorite UK team EVER" labeled to them these days in Lexington.

Doesn't really matter what they achieve. Just that they're cool and fun.

Don't you list a 2011 team that struggled the entire second half of the season until the NCAAs as one of your all-time favorites?

I wouldn't choose '14 or '15 in my all-time favorites, but I get it. One provided perhaps the greatest NCAA run in UK history and the other provided perhaps the greatest regular season in UK history.

Personally, I have a very hard time choosing favorite teams or players. It's like ranking my children.

Can't imagine what the miserable NFL writers/columnists/draftnics would say about a top football player changing their name to Trilly Trillerson before their draft. From the group who called a kid with clinical depression having "character issues", or Mariotta/Winston not being there in person as "draft dodgers".

"Drop him off your boards! Major alarms going off on this guy, he doesnt get it!!"

Yes. I think the 2014 team, considering their run in March, will go down as one of the most popular UK teams of our time. It is the "Cal made his bed" team, it gave us Aaron Harrison carrying around his giant testes in a wheelbarrow like Randy Marsh, and it provided us fans the opportunity to fire double middle finger Freedom Rockets at #L1C4. I know they "disappointed" in the final game, but come on. Is it really a stretch to label them as one of the most popular UK teams? I know they didn't have have Patick Sparks, but still.

And then this season? Again disappointment, but this team was one of the most talked about CBB teams EVER. Period. I think it's safe to label them as one of "the most popular" also.

Yes. I think the 2014 team, considering their run in March, will go down as one of the most popular UK teams of our time. It is the "Cal made his bed" team, it gave us Aaron Harrison carrying around his giant testes in a wheelbarrow like Randy Marsh, and it provided us fans the opportunity to fire double middle finger Freedom Rockets at #L1C4. I know they "disappointed" in the final game, but come on. Is it really a stretch to label them as one of the most popular UK teams? I know they didn't have have Patick Sparks, but still.

And then this season? Again disappointment, but this team was one of the most talked about CBB teams EVER. Period. I think it's safe to label them as one of "the most popular" also.

I mean, hell, we've only had 7 F4s teams the last 30 years.

Had no idea Willie changing his name would anger some people like this.

"Everybody wanna be trill. But you don't know the origin of the word or the sacrifices of the creators. Let us be trill. You be yourself. #Pa"

Now if Willie gets got over this, that will be the all time dumbest thing ever.

Personally, 2011 >> 2014. All/air.

Rack.

Grinding out a tough W in Knoxville after so many tough road losses and the woodshed beating we put on Florida in the SEC Tourney.... Man, you could see it clicking...

Brandon+Knight+SEC+Basketball+Tournament+Championship+l1fw6zMfgrFl.jpg

One of the more underrated UK dunks, IMO.

Last edited:
Funny, but my list of "favorite teams in the Cal era" is identical to my list of "best teams in the Cal era:"

1. 2012
2. 2015
3. 2010
4. 2011
5. 2014
6. 2013

2011 ended a 13 year Final Four drought as a hard-nosed 4 seed. Beat a 1 seed Ohio State in the Sweet 16 and a 2 seed UNC in the Elite 8 (after avenging the 2010 WVU loss). They achieved as much as this bunch with Josh freaking Harrellson as a starter.

Personally, 2011 >> 2014. All/air.

I'm not mad at ya. I've watched ukcatfan8's Youtube video montage of that Ohio State game no less than 100x. I love that team. Was just sayin'...

Reactions: JHB4UK
Had no idea Willie changing his name would anger some people like this.
Is anyone actually mad about it? All I've seen in here are people making fun of it...and for good reason. It is stupid, but I don't hate him, I'm not angry about it. I'm literally nothing but amused by it.

Is anyone actually mad about it? All I've seen in here are people making fun of it...and for good reason. It is stupid, but I don't hate him, I'm not angry about it. I'm literally nothing but amused by it.

Bun B, the "creator" of trill, is not pleased.

The really tough one for me is actually 2014 v. 2015. One team played its best ball in March. The other played its worse. It's almost enough to flip them in my mind despite the fact that for 75% of the season one was amazing and the other among the most frustrating fan experiences of my life. College basketball is funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT