ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 5 heros:

1> anyone who serves in the military and fights for our country
2> firemen
3> police officers
4> guy who stays in and drinks himself into a casual drunk from the balcony, as opposed to going out and getting completely rocked in public, thereby helping preserve his happy marriage
5> other first reponders that put their life on the line for the public good

For you Golf Balls, all star cast at Berger's 4th of July. Rickie, JT, Berger, Wie, Kang, and Fowlers squeeze...That's the way you do it.

DD6eH7aXkAEHgfT.jpg

I have looked at AirBnB's before and nearly pulled the trigger but I just cant do it. Just something odd about staying in someone else's home I guess.

Watched the first episode of Glow and thought it was ok... everyone seems to love it though. Finally finished Sneaky Pete on Amazon which was really good. A few episodes left of Medici on Netflix which was seemingly not a huge success but the show is really good if you are into old historical shit.

Finishing Al Franken's newest "Giant of the Senate." It's pretty remarkable. The transitioning from writing skits for Belushi and Gilda Radner to high level politics is a solid life path. *Note- you dont have to agree with his politics to enjoy the book.

Berger gets it. What a dude.

Used to be skeptical of any commits bc of the decommit stings, but that mentality is pretty shitty. If Marrow stays we are going to have good enough classes to continue to improve. The Peters dude looks filthy. Wouldnt be shocked if Marrow was the one who recruited the Olympian track star girl that looks like a super model.

Re: The Patriot. Well known that Heath Ledger OD'd but also the youngest daughter of the Martin family OD'd, too. Pretty whack.

All these years later and I still cant figure out if I like Clapton's music.

I'm glad that we've finally decided to play the game like the rest of the teams in the SEC have done for decades. Let's face it, all of these teams skirt the rules and somehow/someway the Big Dog is crushing it on the recruiting trail.

Saw Joey Chestnut scarf down 72 dogs yesterday. They also referenced him as an "American hero."

GLOW was good, nothing terribly great. Found myself more into Liberty Belle than Alison Brie.

Tried to watch Mad Dogs, just couldn't get into it after a couple episodes, even though I love all the actors.

All these years later and I still cant figure out if I like Clapton's music.

Most disappointing headliner concert ever. $100 and barely got 70 minutes out of him. I know he's over 70, but don't get out-worked by a Roger Daltrey and his side band when that guy is older than you. Mailed it in worse than KISS ever did.

Now, Steely Dan, that is an old-as-touch band that still delivers in person.

We just need to start using a different word than "Commitment." It's a vague level of preference at best. Just call it what it is. Tweet "I'm really feeling Kentucky right now." But if they just do that they won't get as much attention, which is what this entire process is about. GD millenials. Get off my lawn, and whatnot.

I've been "reading" (I.e. listening to Amazon Audible) Heads in Beds. It's pretty funny and a good inside on the hospitality industry.

No sense in dragging personal shit in here

Catching up on 10 days of GYERO reading, and I stumble upon this. I cannot tell if there is some contextual sarcasm I missed, or this is just the biggest FALSE in the history of GYERO FALSE. No personal shit in here? :rolleyes:

Most disappointing headliner concert ever. $100 and barely got 70 minutes out of him. I know he's over 70, but don't get out-worked by a Roger Daltrey and his side band when that guy is older than you. Mailed it in worse than KISS ever did.

Saw Clapton at MSG a few months ago....2 hours of excellence. Now I am a fan, and appreciate his entire collection spanning many decades, but you don't just "like" Clapton's music...you have to understand it and him. Age is irrelevant, as he can still play with the grace he always had.

you don't just "like" Clapton's music...you have to understand it and him. Age is irrelevant, as he can still play with the grace he always had.
Or he's just like any other musician on the planet and you just listen to his music and either you like it or you don't. Then he gets old and isn't as good in concert. But you're right, he's probably immortal and requires a full understanding of the human condition to appreciate. How did his balls taste at MSG?

Saw Allen Iverson in the 3-on-3 league a few weeks ago.....40 minutes of excellence. Now I am a fan, and appreciate his entire repertoire of shots and moves spanning decades, but you don't just "like" Iversons game, you have to understand it and him. Age is irrelevant, as he can still ball with the quickness and creativity he always had.

Saw Allen Iverson in the 3-on-3 league a few weeks ago.....40 minutes of excellence. Now I am a fan, and appreciate his entire repertoire of shots and moves spanning decades, but you don't just "like" Iversons game, you have to understand it and him. Age is irrelevant, as he can still ball with the quickness and creativity he always had.

And Iverson went to a real academic institution, too.

Reactions: Midway Cat
I can't decide if I like or love the 3 on 3 league concept.

Unlike UKO, there's a lot of potential there.

I appreciate Clapton's skill and talent. I really like his genre of music. I think he's one of the best to ever pick up the instrument.

But he's boring. He could put a room full of 9 year olds of hopped up on cinnamon pretzels to sleep. Must be part of grace.

P.S. Didn't some hobo from Oklahoma or somewhere write many of his "original" hits?

Reactions: roguemocha
98's, 45 paper plates
10 the whole thang big money heavyweight
A hundred stacks, spend 50 on a Caddy
25 on the pinky, bought a pound of blow and bounced back

Matchin' grills, big houses on them hills
Got them ***s in the kitchen all cookin', payin' bills
I'll start hollerin', dollar after dollar
Flippin' chickens, gettin' tickets, want the money and the power

Born stuntin', uptown hunter
3rd world G's ***** been about money
Ice chunk, Birdman red monkeys
White tees, on them chromed out 11 hundred

JJ Cale wrote or "inspired" a lot of Slowhand. And yes, Clapton is boring AF and it's not just people who don't get him. His own peers say the same thing.

I'm sure the guitar greats of the 60s and 70s just don't understand music on the level of middle aged white guy from nicholasville, tho.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
Put the Caddy up, start the three wheel Benz (skirt!)
Hyper white lights, ultra-violet lens
Suma-tuma tires and they gotta be run flat
TV where the horn go, "Boy can you top that?"
I'ma show you some shit rookie press that button
The trunk went and all of a sudden
Four fifteen's didn't see no wires
And then I heard (boom!) from the amplifiers

-Eric Clapton

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT