ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

I'm pretty much through watching UK football (one of the best decisions I've ever made BTW) , but I did look at the box score. How in the hell did we lose this game? Outgained them, more first downs blah blah blah. Losing to Vanderbilt at home? Shameful...

Any chance we can get rid of Stoops? Nobody is going to be dumb enough to hire him, but we ARE on probation, so is THAT a way out?

I'm pretty much through watching UK football (one of the best decisions I've ever made BTW) , but I did look at the box score. How in the hell did we lose this game? Outgained them, more first downs blah blah blah. Losing to Vanderbilt at home? Shameful...

Any chance we can get rid of Stoops? Nobody is going to be dumb enough to hire him, but we ARE on probation, so is THAT a way out?
Home game...check
Stoops coming off a bye...check
Unprepared for a team we should beat...check
Complete lack of discipline...check
Untimely penalties...check
Untimely turnovers...check
Not being able to get off the field on 3rd down...check
Special teams disasters...check
Losing the middle 8...again...check

I'm sure there is more I've forgotten about.

We can still make the playoff if we win out.
62c68de8-953f-497d-80c7-9d8575285080.jfif

So, fire him for cause. And go get Sumrall*

*(that seems to be the person everyone wants here. I'm no football, so I have no idea if he's all that or not, but many on here are convinced that he is the real deal. Any other SEC school, would already be contacting coaches, RIGHT f***ing now. But we're not REALLY SEC in football, and in fact, we're getting ready to fall even FARTHER behind. We'll get loads of money though. yippeee. much like MAC teams get fat checks to lose to Power 5 teams every year.)

Bring on basketball.

Last edited:
Reactions: jayroon
I like DSK, but giving him twice as many touches as the next highest offensive skill player is Cal-esque mismanagement. He averaged the fewest yards per carry and second fewest yards per catch. I mean he is OKAY, but he is like our 4th or 5th best weapon, yet we lean on him like he’s effing Randall Cobb.

Wilcox averaged 12 yards per carry and all three of his carries were longer than DSK’s longest (9 yards). Yet DSK gets 5x the touches. Coming into the game, the scouting report on Vandy’s defense was that they were prone to giving up rushing explosives. But our explosive runner barely gets the ball.

And what the hell has happened to Maclin? Has he even had a target in the last month?

Reactions: jayroon
That said (by you), then what in the actual bloody ****ing hell do you LOVE about him?

I like that despite this awful loss, which is pretty standard historically, I know this team will fight next week, and will do so in the games we should lose like Texas and UT.

I know this devil and while frustrated I remember 2 weeks ago beating Ole Miss.

Now I’m not saying anything about Sumerall, but be careful what you ask for because not everyone can recruit to UK so more important than Stoops is Vince Marrow. Which to further my point about what I like about Stoops is that he comes with Vince.

I like that despite this awful loss, which is pretty standard historically, I know this team will fight next week, and will do so in the games we should lose like Texas and UT.

I know this devil and while frustrated I remember 2 weeks ago beating Ole Miss.

Now I’m not saying anything about Sumerall, but be careful what you ask for because not everyone can recruit to UK so more important than Stoops is Vince Marrow. Which to further my point about what I like about Stoops is that he comes with Vince.
Grief.

🤮

Reactions: warrior_SW
Coaches get the results/behavior they demand. If the players act stupidly, it's on the coaches. No way around that.

To me it came down to about five plays:
  • Fumble on our WR
  • Motion on the goal line
  • Missed FG attempt
  • Missed XP attempt
  • Holding call on last drive
Do I think Stoops has the offense where it needs to be? Hell no.

But I think the players f'd up a lot tonight when they shouldn't have.

To me it came down to about five plays:
  • Fumble on our WR
  • Motion on the goal line
  • Missed FG attempt
  • Missed XP attempt
  • Holding call on last drive
Do I think Stoops has the offense where it needs to be? Hell no.

But I think the players f'd up a lot tonight when they shouldn't have.
Keys 15 yd penalty for shoving a Vandy in the helmet with a football. Killed the first drive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT