ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Time

I can't recall a game where Stoops ever coached this bad. For all the penalties, PAT hi-jinx, etc. there's 2 things that still piss me off:

1-Throwing late in the first half. It totally goes against Stoops' philosophy and I know fans want AGGRESSIVE PLAY-CALLING(!!!!!), but there was no reason to start throwing it at your own 20 with 2 minutes left in a tie game. We have a mediocre QB, a poorly-coached OL and 2 AWFUL punters. Just run it, probably get a first down, and get to halftime tied. If you break off a chunk run, you reexamine. Otherwise, worst case we're tied at half. Instead, Vandy gets a gift TD and all the momentum.

2-The panic to get a play in before the 2-minute warning in the 4th quarter. Two minutes, 2 timeouts, ball at midfield. PLENTY of time. Instead Stoops shits himself in fear and argues to get 3 more seconds added to the clock for some bizarre reason. We literally had time to run the ball 8 times in a row. Exaggerating a bit, but you get my drift. Instead we rush a play in instead of taking a timeout and regrouping and get (yet another) holding penalty. Except this one effectively cost us the game.

Last edited:
As for the penalties, that's coaching. And we had 12 for 105 yards. Pathetic.
The perfect encapsulation of the night was the stupid Dane Key football to the back of the head of the Vandy player. Takes a 3rd and short in FG range(we’ll skip over that operation for this post) and pushes it back to 3rd and 17 out of scoring position.

If I recall right, he also did this stupid act RIGHT in front of the coaches!!

Self inflicted idiocy, that in my opinion has happened far too often to just blame the changing players that commit the acts.

I agree. I like Stoops a lot - he’s a good guy, down to earth, and handles the position well. A great fit for KY culturally. He’s given us a lot of fun moments and a taste of being in the top 3rd of the conference two years. But it’s time. The overall trajectory of the program is down since 2021. You can’t lose games like this and USC. I hope he decides to walk away at the end of the year.

I didnt think So Car could be topped in terms of stink , but this stunk worse than the previous pile of dog shit . We really gonna put up with a guy that loses to Vandy twice in a row at Home ?? as large favorites ! Losing to USC , getting beat 56-5 or some BS to UT . Hes gotta go . ASAP .

The perfect encapsulation of the night was the stupid Dane Key football to the back of the head of the Vandy player. Takes a 3rd and short in FG range(we’ll skip over that operation for this post) and pushes it back to 3rd and 17 out of scoring position.

If I recall right, he also did this stupid act RIGHT in front of the coaches!!

Self inflicted idiocy, that in my opinion has happened far too often to just blame the changing players that commit the acts.
I really dislike Key , he acts sooooooo very cocky , and hes a weak fumbling machine . but that mouth , oh it's always in gear .

It is time to get rid of Stoops of course the AD will never get rid of him, Stoops would have to leave on his own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT