ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

KSR prepped the fans so they knew IMO and tried to soften us up to it.

Didn’t need to be softened up as Pitino to me is on a UK Mt Rushmore.

Seriously though I don’t see any signs of stupid stubborn coaching malpractice with Pope. Because of this I honestly believe with ANY success he could be here for a long long long time!

We are back and we ride at dawn mf’rs.
Martin Sheen GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

As a teenager in the 90’s falling in love with UK bball, tonight was as special as could be.

I hated pitino as much as anybody, but only while he was at Lville. When he went to the Celtics, I rooted for them. When he was rumored to go to Michigan, I would have rooted for them after the cats.

He, mashburn, and Delk were it for me. Time of my life, staying up late, and watching games with my mom while my dad worked second shift at the Toyota plant.

Just win Pope. Stay humble and win and you will never have a worry in the world.

Last edited:
I hope that isn't the last time Pitino gets his roses at Rupp. But if it was, I'm so glad it happened. Seeing him hold back tears, you know it meant the world to him. I can't imagine how often he thinks "what if" he never left for Boston. At least he has tonight for some closure.

Pope has been absolutely unreal. What a much needed shot in the arm for the program. Can't wait to tip it off for real.

I hope that isn't the last time Pitino gets his roses at Rupp. But if it was, I'm so glad it happened. Seeing him hold back tears, you know it meant the world to him. I can't imagine how often he thinks "what if" he never left for Boston. At least he has tonight for some closure.

Pope has been absolutely unreal. What a much needed shot in the arm for the program. Can't wait to tip it off for real.

Buddy, he’ll be there when we hang number 9. I know this.

The personalities on this squad are really fun, too. Refreshing bunch of kids who seemed to be absolutely eating up the experience. Closest team vibe I can think of in the Twitter era was the John Wall squad.

Also: D LAMB EAT

Reactions: jayroon
What a surreal night.

Stoops saying he’s missed this for 12 years.
The players coming in through the fans.
Pope coming in from the nosebleeds.
Doron Lamb being the torch bearer for the 2012 National Championship.
Rick Pitino.

Would have been nice to see a few more Cal era guys since most have touted that Kentucky was still home. Think I only saw WCS, Teague and DLamb (then guys like Malone and Polson)

Finally, keep Cameron off the mic.

It was the right time for Pitino's return, and nobody hated / cracked on him more than I did over the years.

What I love is:

Cal envied Rick when Rick was here.

We hired Cal and it enraged Rick. Yet when here, Cal owned Rick.

Now it's Rick's turn to date the King again. It brings it all full circle and is a direct and final goodbye to the Cal Era.

The one constant: over the years, the hired help comes and goes, but our program remains King. Whoever is privileged to partner with it for a few years is admired and envied. But it's THEIR privilege, not UK's. Coach Pope clearly gets that.

Rick Pitino is the current head coach of a major college basketball program, and here he is at OUR BBM, wearing UK gear.

The Pitino - Cal - Pitino arc alone is enough for a movie.

Most storied and successful program of all-time, and it's not even close.

Long Live the effing King.

Our chakras are finally back in balance.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
Pitino is still dog shiit in my book. I was way for him leaving before he left. He was never wrong, it was always the players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT