ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

I don’t really care how much he strikes out. I just needed him to hit 25 HR’s and get 25 steals and he did both. Plus the Reds once again fell apart so that was just another added bonus.

Frank Thomas says, “Aloha, I have a boner.”

Clown, you try the Flair? It’s a cute lever machine but it prolly takes a bag of beans to dial that thing in. Hassle.
I haven't tried one. I've had my eye on it for a while. 345 dollars doesn't take in to account how much you're going to have to spend on a premium quality grinder etc. to get the most out of it, but for someone like me, who might only drink 5 or 6 shots a week, a 3000 dollar machine seems like a lot of overkill. And so, if it really DOES produce commercial grade espresso, in that circumstance seems like a steal.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
I haven't tried one. I've had my eye on it for a while. 345 dollars doesn't take in to account how much you're going to have to spend on a premium quality grinder etc. to get the most out of it, but for someone like me, who might only drink 5 or 6 shots a week, a 3000 dollar machine seems like a lot of overkill. And so, if it really DOES produce commercial grade espresso, in that circumstance seems like a steal.
I have a Jura at home that was about half that price and makes really good espresso without quite as much maintenance as a traditional espresso machine. Might be a better option for you.

Jura E4 on Amazon

I don’t think anyone ever took him up on the offer, but way back in the day JPuck had a gal co worker who was up for any dude any time any place. Preferably several at a time, and preferably AA.

Be pretty cool if anyone had those old emails from him. It was basically like….

“Yeah, I showed her pics of all you guys and she’s down. Just let her know when and she’s cool with all of you at once. Friday or Saturday work better?”

Dave Kingman was waaay ahead of his time.

Reds need a Latino manager. He’ll allow the mañana attitude so well-befitting that club with the hairdos/necklaces/tomfoolery…where have you gone, Joey Votto?

Made a killer Sunday sauce with milled tomatoes & handmade pasta (cavatelli), meatballs, sazzich, short ribs… apple pie with an all-butter pie crust and hand-picked apples from Warwick NY. Just had to for the smells alone. Ate one meatball and one sausage. No pasta. No pie. Gave most to my sister and her fam.

Coffee beans from Reanimator Cafe (Kensington Blend) from Philly is my new obsession. Just killer espresso shots. Lucca M58 w/flow control performing wonderfully.

Yanks heating up just in time… who would’ve figured Jasson Dominguez👽🛸is proving to be a difference maker 🤨, lengthening the stubby lineup.

Steven Soles is legit.

Prolonging my weekend by posting this drivel. Sorry.
Was at Masker’s Orchard the weekend before this past one. Beautiful day. Loads of folks out.

Don't worry guys, I'm a totally normal-ish person these days. Can't even remember the last time I got into a fight with an internet tough guy. (I'm lying, I know the date, the person, and the finishing move I put on him on FB...I hold grudges. It was almost 10 years ago, though.)

Happy to announce that after getting diagnosed with a case of the Brimleys, I dropped > 100 lbs in the past year (for some reason without these fat drugs going around. I would have preferred to take the easy way out. Need to fire my doctor.) It turns out, I was like 98% carbs and vodka. Helps to cut those down almost entirely. I'm hovering somewhere around 5 lbs over my max bmi, which is really weird for me.

Split with my gf and left my job, too. Things have happened. My car looked lonely in the garage, so i bought another for myself, though. At what point is owning cars, "having a collection"? Do i need another? 2 more? Who would know these things? Does Dr. Bobby have a warehouse full of porsches somewhere and can chime in? Does somebody that maybe drives 5k miles a year need even one car?

Went to Portland, Maine over the summer. If you like seafood and chilling, go there. I have a lot of recs if you do go.

I need to talk myself into the gyero vacation club. That trip to the French Laundry hurt. I tried to get in the last time I was out there (April '22) but didn't pick a reservation up in time on the minute they released the month's worth. In 2019, I went to what is currently considered by the 50 best restaurants as the best restaurant in the world, Disfrutar in Barcelona. Absolutely an insane experience. I loved every minute of the 3(?), 4(?) hours i was there.

I don't have any trips planned right this second, but I need to plan something to look forward to. I need to go back to a salary job, so the vacation isn't so gd expensive. Next new place to go: have had a little bit of a bug to go to Austria lately. Not sure where I'm going with that yet.

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone ever took him up on the offer, but way back in the day JPuck had a gal co worker who was up for any dude any time any place. Preferably several at a time, and preferably AA.

Be pretty cool if anyone had those old emails from him. It was basically like….

“Yeah, I showed her pics of all you guys and she’s down. Just let her know when and she’s cool with all of you at once. Friday or Saturday work better?”

I met her in her parking lot at work once

. Next new place to go: have had a little bit of a bug to go to Austria lately. Not sure where I'm going with that yet.

A perfect Fall vacation to Europe is to do the "triangle" of Munich, Prague, and then Vienna.

All about equidistant, and you get to see some of the most beautiful scenery on the continent, as well as three of the great European cities. spend 5 days or so at each, so you can explore the surrounding areas etc.

I'll gladly come along, if you want a Czech interpreter/guide. LOL

Reactions: Kooky Kats
i drove through Springfield OH today. Trump is 100% correct on that place as I didn’t see a single cat.

Shorts:

- It’s not healthy- my relationship with the Bengals. I love them but hate them more. I’ve just seen too much. Even with my affection for and trust of Burrow, my disbelief of this franchise is deeply ingrained in my soul. We’ll see.

- Make no mistake- Cincinnati is a Bengals town now. Not even close really. Sundays around here out and about are like Lexington in March now - an excessive amount of Bengals gear everywhere. Kinda think any city with an NFL franchise (save LA) is a NFL town. Cincinnati was a baseball town for 140 years. No more. I don’t love it but it’s true.

- I understand when it’s your team but who are these degenerates who party for MNF each week. I’ve had enough football and drank by Monday.

- Yes, my dad called me giddy about Bell being fired. Now he wants Taylor to get the ax.

- I don’t have much of an opinion on the Redskins changing their name, but it is sad because I thought they had a Top 5 helmet/uniform
combo.

- Reason #475 fall is awesome- it’s a wonderful parent ride into Halloween straight into Christmas season.

- Saw Vampire Weekend Friday night at Icon Music Center next door to Paul Brown Stadium. That band is outstanding live. Ran into about 50 old friends- great band for 40-something hipsters I guess. And despite the heat, the venue is tremendous. Riverfront to the left. In between the stadiums. Skyline to the right. Roebling behind you. Lots of space. Good view of the stage. Walked across the bridge and it was easy peasy.

- Oktoberfest was amazing. Back to Sawyer Point and the riverfront. Perfect location. Hot as ballz but the wife and I took walked the girls across the river from Newport for lunch Saturday before the game. Draught Sam Adams Oktoberfest and a brat. That’s my idea of the good life. Best festival in this region.

- My 4 year old is so bad at hide and go seek that I’m starting to worry there’s a larger issue at play.

- Saw a Willet wheated purple top out in the wild today and passed. $250. This is retail too. lol Piss off.

Jamarcus Russell should never have been drafted 1st overall. Al Davis' bum ass could have had Megatron, Lane Kiffin wanted Megatron and the rumor is Al Davis told Kiffin (in regard to Russell) "The kids good, deal with it." Russell was the laziest 1st overall pick ever and was only selected because there were effectively two 1st round graded QB's in that draft (Brady Quinn being the other). What a shit show. He was also drafted 17 years ago so I'd argue he's in the same group as Ryan Leaf for biggest busts of the previous generation.

Lawrence, and the 21 class as a whole, looks like this last years draft class. A bunch of hyped prospects that probably won't deliver for their original teams. I think Lawrence and Daniels are the exception for their respective classes. Lawrence was touted as a generational talent and actually delivered (unlike that clown Clausen) at the college level. He's had a consistent coaching staff in Jacksonville and decent talent playing in arguably the worst division in the AFC and hasn't really elevated his team.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT