ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

- Man was that ballgame deflating. At the least, this week could be a “let’s see what we’re made of.” Now I barely even want to watch it, especially since I’m hosting a Georgia fan in my UK den.

- September is fabulous. Even when it’s too hot, humidity isn’t bad. Love the lighting. Some great rain. Football. New beginnings with school. Basketball recruiting.

- Wife is ALL IN on this new Hulu show on young Mormon tiktok moms. All smoke. Nearly all F’d up. Their husbands are all weird AF. I had no idea their idea of bars were soft drink bars.

- I can open only about 70% of the handsoaps we purchase with the weird twisty thing on the pump. Aggravating.

-

-100 million is *far* from a billionaire (900m to be exact). So we know some folks have bought into the bs. Federal taxation of assets is an abysmal idea.

^also if we keep devaluing our currency via inflation/government printing money 20 million may get to 100 million in our/our childrens lifetime.

-it's a spending/management problem... not a not enough taxes problem.

- I’ll admit- kitschy as it is, I enjoy the Red Lobster atmosphere. Haven’t been in a long time.

- Rewatched Pony Express SMU documentary out of boredom. Wow - has that not aged well. It’s like a huge scandal and now you’re like “who care?” And no one comes off worse than these dbag sportswriters who made a career out of exposing poor college kids for making a little money, sometimes completely F’ing their careers. Funny how we’ve never heard any apologies from that profession, who are the first ones to rally and raise hell for the “injustice” of one of their own getting kicked out of a press conference.

*Heard a song the other day that remind me of Stoops. "Digging Holes" - Brent Cobb.

*New Kroger opened today just down the road. Pretty soon, a Publix will open directly across the street. I've been saying for a while, that area needs more traffic. Only taking 20 minutes to get from Brownsboro/Chamberlain to the Snyder entrance shows a lack of interest in the area. Actually, I'm about done with the entire area. I'm not emotionally built to sit in traffic.

*Need a cool spot for a T'giving trip with my daughter that isn't Clearwater Beach. Is Key West too "adult" for her (14)?

*60/40 on the game Saturday. It may be nice to come down with zero expectations of winning. Just enjoy the weather and have a few brews with good folks.

- I’ll admit- kitschy as it is, I enjoy the Red Lobster atmosphere. Haven’t been in a long time.

- Rewatched Pony Express SMU documentary out of boredom. Wow - has that not aged well. It’s like a huge scandal and now you’re like “who care?” And no one comes off worse than these dbag sportswriters who made a career out of exposing poor college kids for making a little money, sometimes completely F’ing their careers. Funny how we’ve never heard any apologies from that profession, who are the first ones to rally and raise hell for the “injustice” of one of their own getting kicked out of a press conference.
The stalking of Eric Bledsoe by Pat Forde and his d-bag squad was disgusting then and looks borderline criminal now.

I texted my wife this morning that we should go to Red Lobster and Champs on a date night. 1996 Hank Camacho would be kicking me for not doing this. Might see if I can get her in a Liv Tyler-look, too.

* Got some great family health news. My father-in-law has MS and is a widower. He's able to live with minimal professional assistance only because his older brother moved into his condo after his wife passed.

The brother is 85 or so and was diagnosed last year with lung cancer. He's a lifelong lover of cowboy killers. At that advanced age, he decided to take both chemo and radiology treatment when almost everyone else would have packed it in and not dealt with that pain.

We got the news this week that he's completely cancer-free. So far as I know, the reason he went through that it is so he could be there for his brother. And now he's healthy enough to be there for the foreseeable future. The guy has always been a bit of a knucklehead with 4 or 5 ex-wives, minimal assets, etc. In the last few years, he's found the most stability he's probably ever had and even built his relationship with his kids.

It is never too late to change your story for the better.

* I feel like expectations are out of whack for Kentucky football. It is great when we are competitive but we really just want is a series of fun gameday experiences in the Fall to whet the appetite for basketball season.

The stalking of Eric Bledsoe by Pat Forde and his d-bag squad was disgusting then and looks borderline criminal now.

You didn’t think the formerly homeless kid didn’t need to be exposed for not getting a good enough grade in math? You were cool with him getting an opportunity to attend college and pursue his chosen profession?

I’m not certain how an URG would affect the stock market but I have a feeling that short sellers would love it. So Wayne, your nice little retirement plan might get hit pretty hard as people are forced to sell yearly.

Also, tariffs are only on certain products. You aren’t forced to buy those. The idea they are a national sales tax is very dumb.

Hank you had an all time post going and end with we should lower our football expectations?

What we should do is stop paying coaches outlandish contracts. Who don’t deserve them. We have spent over $70M the last four years for football and basketball head coaches. For what? To get our brains beat in over and over?

* I feel like expectations are out of whack for Kentucky football. It is great when we are competitive but we really just want is a series of fun gameday experiences in the Fall to whet the appetite for basketball season.

You better watch it- I was called everything but a white man last fall when suggesting the uproar over the Alabama loss was a tad much.

Put on a helmet.

Oh, look - our last offensive coordinator is being hailed as a genius. Haha good for him shoot me:

Reactions: wcc31
I'm amazed and disgusted every time I see Pete Thamel's face on GameDay. He really adds nothing that couldn't be part of someone else's report.

Which makes me wonder, how many Ds did he S to get that position. Because he sure didn't get there on looks, talent or ethics.

Bledsoe ended up with the last laugh. Nothing Forde or Thamel can or will ever do can take from Bledsoe what he got for him and his family.

What will always piss me off is that wasn't a forgone conclusion. Had those twats got their way, there's no telling how that would have impacted Bledsoe's trajectory in life. I'm not saying credit Cal/UK for his success but if he doesn't get to play D1 ball because he's ineligible and two c-words with an ax to grind get their way, it goes away and those two c-words lose nothing.

That's what pisses me off. Forde and Thamel can get f'd in a fire.

Bledsoe ended up with the last laugh. Nothing Forde or Thamel can or will ever do can take from Bledsoe what he got for him and his family.

What will always piss me off is that wasn't a forgone conclusion. Had those twats got their way, there's no telling how that would have impacted Bledsoe's trajectory in life. I'm not saying credit Cal/UK for his success but if he doesn't get to play D1 ball because he's ineligible and two c-words with an ax to grind get their way, it goes away and those two c-words lose nothing.

That's what pisses me off. Forde and Thamel can get f'd in a fire.

Cal deserves a lot of credit for the way he treated those kids earlier in his career. He got high on his own supply later on though.

While true that tariffs only affect certain items it's absolutely false to say tariffs don't increase the price for the consumer and I'm not convinced it actually combats inflation either.

Cal deserves a lot of credit for the way he treated those kids earlier in his career. He got high on his own supply later on though.

More to the point of they were willing to sacrifice Bledsoe's eligibility to take down Cal/UK for their own careers and without any jeopardy of losing their livelihoods.

Reactions: bradyjames
While true that tariffs only affect certain items it's absolutely false to say tariffs don't increase the price for the consumer and I'm not convinced it actually combats inflation either.
Of course it increases the price for consumers…but only on that product/item. I suppose a company could spread that out over multiple items and make the increase negligible across the board. Regardless, it isn’t a national sales tax as a certain campaign is trying to make people believe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT