ADVERTISEMENT

Stolen Signs

gbb88

Freshman
Mar 29, 2007
Looking back, what are the chances SC stole our signs? It was as an important game for them as it was for us and it just seems like they knew everything we were going to do.

With the communication the QB has now with the built in head set I doubt signal stealing will be an issue from here on out. Now hacking to the opponents system might become an issue.

Reactions: JPFisher
that would be a Harbaugh move that would get a team in a butt-load of trouble if caught.

I am sure it would and be hard to deny. But I was thinking kids from places like Vandy or GT. I guess everyone has some form of computer engineering program now but those are suppose to be smart schools.

With the communication the QB has now with the built in head set I doubt signal stealing will be an issue from here on out. Now hacking to the opponents system might become an issue.
Hacking's coming, bet your bottom dollar. TN's not about to overlook that, too easy for the taking. Maybe I misunderstood but I thought Stoops said one of UK's wandering DBs Sat blew a coverage call via head set.

I don't think anyone would be that damn stupid. Because if the did and they got caught, that's federal level takedown. The FCC doesn't play with hacking or jamming communications. If you get caught doing that, you WILL go to federal prison.

I don't think anyone would be that damn stupid. Because if the did and they got caught, that's federal level takedown. The FCC doesn't play with hacking or jamming communications. If you get caught doing that, you WILL go to federal prison.

All true, but people still rob banks knowing if they get caught they go to federal prison. How much money is bet on college games each week?

Reactions: BlueTick2
If they did steal, we have no idea. They had such a difference maker at the edge, nothing developed far enough to let any steal matter. Plus we did what we wanted with inside zone and pin/pull.

Then on d they did nothing that hurt us. Literally the only plays that produced anything were blown coverages and a non holding call on our contain.

So if they stole anything, it made no difference. Maybe next time our secondary guys will overhear them calling out our coverages and actually play it correctly themselves.

Reactions: drawing_dead
I don't think the headset communications will end signals being sent from the sidelines anytime soon. I've seen several reports so far this season of QBs saying they could not hear their coaches at all due to crowd noise and still were having to look to the sidelines for communication. In some of the big arenas at least, this will likely continue to be an issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT