ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Piglet is another example that in the end, character / integrity is the foundation of everything in life. You can have success for a while but if you don't have that foundation, it will catch up to you.

Can you imagine Nick Saban enduring an ass-kicking like that in Year 12? He would not tolerate it. He wouldn't have to, because he wouldn't let it happen.

In his 12th season at Alabama they got destroyed 44-16 by Clemson. So I could definitely see it.

Reactions: krazykats
My dream since I was old enough to even realize I was at a UK Football game was to be “good” (whatever that even means in this current atmosphere). My grandfather played for the team. My dad had season tickets going back to the endzone bleachers days. Some of my best memories as a kid are sitting there in those bleachers through all the bullshit and still thinking “one day.”

I have a lot of respect for the current regime. Took it to another level. But they ain’t the ones to get us to the next.

Stoops had a nice recruiting pitch a decade ago to get kids from Ohio and non-southern states to come play in the northernmost city in the best and most visible conference in college football. But the recruiting world has changed since then.

Disappointed. Not mad. But close. I think HUBER said it but you can lose but not like that. No one is happy about losing to that damn team. But good lord not like that.

Started season with 8-4 expectation being “good” given schedule.

Plenty of room to do it…….history doesn’t show a lot for me to be optimistic.

Sucks but here we are. Will thank Stoops to the moon and back about most all of it, though.

Keen enough, as in business, to see it’s time. How that happens is an awful proposition though.

Reactions: krazykats
Can’t fake it if your heart isn’t in it anymore. Seems he’s lost his fight.
There's no shame in it, either. What he's done here is nothing short of miraculous. In a lot of ways, he's a victim of his own success.

If his heart is no longer in it, I just hope he lets everyone know. I want Stoops to retire here but this is a woodchipper. To even be competitive in the SEC at Kentucky, you have to be so much better than your average SEC coach, it is ridiculous. Maintaining that edge year after year has to take a toil.

You have to be a fighter to stay alive in the SEC, especially when you’re at a non-powerhouse program. It’s so hard in recruiting and then week-in-week-out. Can’t fake it if your heart isn’t in it anymore. Seems he’s lost his fight.
Yup, that edge is gone...most of the assistants he has hired lately are friends and yes men. Sounds familiar.

I've been trying to come up with some sort of best-case scenario for our season and if it was just turnovers or stupid assignment issues that could get cleaned up maybe there is some hope but, that o-line, I just don't see how you compete with what we witnessed Saturday. What a slow and sad decline for a unit that once was the heart and soul of our team.

Cincy folks, need a recreational dispensary to hit up before the Ice Cube concert Saturday. Any recs? The websites (or lack of them in some cases) are DISMAL/non-existent. No medical dispenseries, can't use 'em; rec only. TIA Just don't want to waste time driving/f***ing around. Go, buy, leave, concert, that's it.
Ascend was the only rec dispensary downtown when I was up there on the first weekend after legalization. It is basically in the shadows of hard rock. As mentioned in another reply, the two places i've been in ohio have nothing inside to shop around at. Place your order online ahead of time and it will save you a bunch of time.

Also, hi everybody!

Not to bring in a cloud of sadness here but wanted to just say that dementia sucks. It’s much more than your loved one’s memory and cognitive function. When they cant move their body, they can’t swallow food, and are basically starving and waiting to die, that sucks. The faith and strength the woman exuded in the her life will help me through it. It still sucks bad.

Go Cats.

To be fair to Stoops, if I had to recruit every player every single year it would be the most draining crap ever.

To be fair to Stoops, if I had to recruit every player every single year it would be the most draining crap ever.
Just stop it man. He makes $9 million dollars. Stop being like him. Just making excuses for being a crumb bum of a coach recently. The fact is he doesn’t have to recruit. We buy them. He whines about his NIL but USC paid less . Then whipped his ass on his field. I cut a NIL check to Barion Brown the same f’n week he and Stoops both laid down.

The problem we have, as UK fans, is a 14 point loss will be a moral victory. It’s so disheartening and frustrating.

My guess is Pope will inject some hope into our veins soon.

The peak of Stoops was this game IMO. Everyone and their mother knew what was coming, and they couldn't stop it.

He lost the Us Against the World mindset he had. It happens, 12 years is a long time to grind. I'm still Stoops-positive but the end has come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT