ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Controversial Key West Take: The boomers have priced younger people out of that place and it’s basically a retirement village now. I was trying to set up a trip in November for one of my project teams. Before Covid we did this and would stay at Ocean Key which is ground zero Duval St for like $500 a night per room (hey, it was a business expense). Now, that hotel is like $1K per night. The crappy hotels by the airport now start at like $650 in peak season. No way you're getting people in the 20-40 year old range with that.
We need Rogue to come out of retirement for the actual, informed opinion on this take.

(But I’m sure that idiot UKO will have one to offer.)

Reactions: 80 Proof
There are a lot of folks who are fine in real life...who aren't great on the internets. I started muting people I enjoy in real life whose social media presence sucked out loud a few years ago. That practice saved relationships with several cousins who went deep into rabbit holes during 'rona and more than a few friends who thought they needed to imitate parent bloggers.

We need Rogue to come out of retirement for the actual, informed opinion on this take.

(But I’m sure that idiot UKO will have one to offer.)
Fair enough... but I don't see how younger people are going to be able to afford it. Then again, my millionaire daughter gets GrubHub on the regular with her own money. I think she is running drugs or something.

fwiw in my non-catpaw interactions with him, rogue was indeed a good dude and I hope he's doing well.

Wayne, all the youths are running drugs to afford our DoorDash habits. (Or...we're just apathetically accepting our limited financial capital and spending it on stupid shit)

Reactions: CSC81
A few observations after watching the replay.

-We looked off on the first drive on offense and the first 3 on defense. Understandable, #WeAreUK.

- The players looked more disciplined, ie, Weaver trying to pull up on the RP penalty, reached out to the QB to help him up. Burton didn’t have a penalty. TS. Maxwell Hairston shaking the kickers hand late after a tackle. I didn’t see the punk plays like last season.

- Offense looked great after drive 1, scored on final 5 possessions. BVG looked solid, as did the rushing game. Bush definitely plays NCAA 25, sweeps, misdirection, WR screens and the occasional bomb to our studs. Did I see a TE?

- Defense was just as impressive, if not more. Yes, they gave up 3 straight 3rd downs to start, but not one after that, and pitched a shutout. Jamon looked like Ray Lewis out there, with the rest flying around. Only weakness that is noticeable is at X CB, but I have confidence that Dunn can get that spot down, allowing JQ to play the slot.

- We have legit talent at the skill positions on both sides of the ball.

- IMO the entire season comes down to how good BVG is. The defense looks like it’s at a 2018 level, while the offense could be the best that we have had in the Stoops era.

- If BVG can throw for 3,000 and rush for 500, while having a solid rushing game, with the defense we have. Barring injuries, and typical UK game changing mistakes, we go 9-3 and are knocking on the playoff door. I know, a lot of but/ifs.

-Maybe I’m way too optimistic, and maybe the USC game could be the entire season. We can’t lose it. I’ve never seen a bigger 2nd game in my life.

- Almost reminds me of the opening season UL games from a decade ago, because USM just felt like a preseason game. The season begins Saturday.

-If we roll USC, I’ll feel much better about the season. We lose, and 7-6 is the cieling.

- Although we didn’t get a lot of reps in, we also didn’t show anything. USCjr has many more questions.

- If we stop the run this week, we smash them.

-37-13 Cats.

Last edited:
BVG has happy feet and the defense missing tackles is what bothers me. You can get away with that against lesser opponents but not in conference games. Tighten that up and it can be a good season. Otherwise, with this schedule it could get ugly with a quickness.

-Tony Fauci is a real dick. Had what I assume was either covid or a nasty spinoff competing with it last week. Haven't been laid down like that in ages. Cough so back my neck felt broke along with my ribs. Fever. Chills. Couldn't sleep, at least with pre-Fauci viruses you could always count on sleeping all day/night. Nope. Barely a wink in 5 days.

-Little bit of a slow start for the Cats but hard not to love most of what you saw. BVG in his first real action as a starting QB, of course he's gonna make a few mistakes, but the good WAY outweighed the bad. Gotta be happy. Let's go bitch slap the Gamecocks.

-Chicago the city (and the band) are fantastic. Two things annoy me about it. 1. The pizza. I don't need to explain. 2. Non-resident or regional Cub fans. Such a fun city. Museums, parks, cool little neighborhoods, sports, shoreline, amazing foodie city.

-Smoked pork chop is pretty high up the list on my favorite foods to cook at home.

Would GYERO please give me some advice; my wife graduated from Ohio University and we are talking about going to that game with our kids (4 of us total)...being the early start, could I just scalp tickets the day of? Should I just get some off StubHub or somewhere else? It's been years since I've been to a UK football game. Any words of advice would be much appreciated.

Would GYERO please give me some advice; my wife graduated from Ohio University and we are talking about going to that game with our kids (4 of us total)...being the early start, could I just scalp tickets the day of? Should I just get some off StubHub or somewhere else? It's been years since I've been to a UK football game. Any words of advice would be much appreciated.
Scalp.

We used to wait until the anthem started and buy $5 tix back in the 2000s from scalpers trying to recoup.

If you want to get in early, you can easily get uppers for $50 a piece from scalpers. I have no idea how stubhub compares, but I’d say you are good.

-Chicago the city (and the band) are fantastic. Two things annoy me about it. 1. The pizza. I don't need to explain. 2. Non-resident or regional Cub fans. Such a fun city. Museums, parks, cool little neighborhoods, sports, shoreline, amazing foodie city.
-It’s not pizza, and no one actually from there would argue it is (position of knowledge, ATKOT). That’s just an easy, ridiculous hater take when people try. “Cheese pie,” at best.

-Go Cubs. 8-10 and can’t even sniff the card.

- “Chicago the band” is incredible. Among several other shows, have seen them at Riverbend with EWF many times. When they go out and do a dual set…shew buddy.

-Took CF to a Red game last week. His favorite player is EDLC (yes, I have failed trying to raise him as a Cub fan; but no one can ever give me “WGN fan” shit, at least), and I got some really cool pictures of him literally laying on the dugout while watching Elly AB. My man also went up and hit two HR’s at the wiffleball field (one got robbed over the fence, but I’m putting it on the stat line), had Skyline, and some ice cream. Could say it was a pretty solid night for that fella. 😎

-If I didn’t live a block away from the field and wasn’t able to just walk back for my own alcohol on Saturday, I would’ve been PISSED.

-What a weird ass weekend of CFB. Made money, though.

-The boots on Arkansas bigs… I would never WANT anyone to be injured, but those fans are about to F around and find out.

Last edited:
He locked in on a couple guys. Paid the price once and got lucky the other wasn't a pick 6. Then later he had a couple really nice passes on his 4th or 5th look. Same with sliding. He came out all charged up early and then didn't take a hit later IIRC. 1st game jitters... I thought he played well.

Last edited:
BVG better learn to slide a little on those scrambles or he won't finish the season in the SEC.
At least we have 3 other former 4 star recruits backing him up in case something happens. I agree on him needing to get down quicker. Seems like he probably got talked to about that after the 1st q as he passed up a couple of runs for a short pass the rest of the game.

Last edited:
I have this overwhelming feeling we are going to beat the dog shit out of USC. 🤷‍♂️

Griff looked pretty solid. Apparently, Bush has a hard-on for jet sweeps, we’ll see. I do think we are going to see plenty of PA rollout/boots going forward.

How about them Seminoles 😂

-Thought the Oline was fine on run but gotta get better on pass. BVG stood in and showed some great arm strength while getting hit, problem is those become interceptions/fumbles with better comp. His moxie was showing out though.

-Loved what I saw on D minus the long 3rd down conversion they gave up. Dumas Johnson's INT was ridiculous. We've got first round talent at all 3 levels on defense.

-Speaking of BVG, it's weird now having two prominent Brocks around with him and Bowers. I've only met 2 others in the wild. For you more commonly named folks is it weird to root on a guy with your name? I know at one point on Saturday it just felt like I was talking to myself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT