ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

I thought the boys looked okay. I bet Mitch is having a fit thinking about the hypotheticals - what if we have a two hour delay, but the third quarter isn’t over? Can we sell the devils liquid at 2 am?

giphy.gif

Game suspended, UK wins!!
Don’t remember a 3 quarter game but at least everyone is ok and not gonna be tired. 🤷🏻‍♂️

NEXT!

Fanduel voided my +750 win by shutout but paid partial a multi player parlay with a td for maclin and yards for brown to go. Stupid.

That hard rain took out our tailgate tv fired back up this morning. Good omen.

I like alot of what I saw last night. There is something about bvg that just makes me excited maybe its getting a pass out of the pocket. Talent wise this team is near the top of the stoops era. I think we run uscjr. After enduring their awful trash fans in columbia I want calls for mercy from their sidelines. No tight stoops bs next week.

The new production quality of adotwhite is throughing me off.

Always a fun week with a big game on the horizon.

Replay on at 730.

Dr Pepper commercial with Ewers and Heisman House ad with Reggie Bush were pretty clever.

Every SEC opponent scares me for variety of reasons. Quick jump into meat of schedule. We’ll know our ceiling next week.

Last edited:
Show-down: Pearl Jam at Wrigley Field:

- I had been to Chicago twice - once as an 8th grade class trip and once with my dad to Wrigley for a WLW sweepstakes he won that allowed us a same day up-and-back flight to watch the Reds-Cubs on September 13, 2001. We ended getting to go to the makeup game in October, a 50 degrees and rainy affair with two garbage teams playing 4-A ballplayers at that point with approximately 100 people in the stands- no exaggeration. Had a hotel booked on Michigan Avenue in May 2023 as a kind of celebration for my wife and I for our upcoming baby. We miscarried that March and canceled. Needless to say I had not had a true Chicago experience.

- My brother in law has seen Pearl Jam 10+ times. He grabbed tickets for Wrigley and invited me months ago. Drove up early Saturday morning. Hit Wicker Park then Wrigleyville and eventually the show. Watched football, drank beer and BSed. Was a wonderful day.

- What a town. I’d put it 1B to NYC’s 1A. Love everything about it. From the omnipresent trains on the L to the variety neighborhoods, I couldn’t be a bigger fan. Character out the ass. Loved all the small neighborhood pubs. Perfect weather.

- Have always had the “what if” about living in a bigger city when I was in my 20s. Think Chicago was that town.

- The show was amazing. I think if you see Pearl Jam - Wrigley is either the best or second best with Seattle, considering Vedder’s a Chicago guy and diehard Cubbie. Started off Garden, Porch and Wishlist. Jesus Christ. It was on. Closed Jeremy, Alive and Baba O’RIley. Some Better Man, Given to Fly and In Hiding mixed in. I’m not even big on Better Man or Jeremy but live in that setting, it was insane. Grandstand about collapsed.

- I mean I first heard 3 of the songs played when I was 12. Listened to them with guys who I’d been best buddies with for 5-7 years at that point and 38-40 years now. Whole crowd was basically white dudes 40-55. Graybeards with nice watches sparking Js, giving high fives, singing to songs they’ve heard 1000x. It was subtly emotional. I definitely had some nostalgia. Thought about being in friend Chris’s parents basement watching MTV and the Jeremy video in 1992. Didn’t know shit about shit. Was in that basement 2 weeks ago with my daughter visiting his parents and his 23 year old son who was in town. I think that’s a large part of it. Not much in life taking you from 12 to 45. These guys have been together for 34 years. Never broke up. Your best friends, Kentucky basketball and football, Reds, Bengals and Pearl Jam.

-

Last edited:
Show-down: Pearl Jam at Wrigley Field:

- I had been to Chicago twice - once as an 8th grade class trip and once with my dad to Wrigley for a WLW sweepstakes he won that allowed us a same day up-and-back flight to watch the Reds-Cubs on September 13, 2001. We ended getting to go to the makeup game in October, a 50 degrees and rainy affair with two garbage teams playing 4-A ballplayers at that point with approximately 100 people in the stands- no exaggeration. Had a hotel booked on Michigan Avenue in May 2023 as a kind of celebration for my wife and I for our upcoming baby. We miscarried that March and canceled. Needless to say I had not had a true Chicago experience.

- My brother in law has seen Pearl Jam 10+ times. He grabbed tickets for Wrigley and invited me months ago. Drove up early Saturday morning. Hit Wicker Park then Wrigleyville and eventually the show. Watched football, drank beer and BSed. Was a wonderful day.

- What a town. I’d put it 1B to NYC’s 1A. Love everything about it. From the omnipresent trains on the L to the variety neighborhoods, I couldn’t be a bigger fan. Character out the ass. Loved all the small neighborhood pubs. Perfect weather.

- Have always had the “what if” about living in a bigger city when I was in my 20s. Think Chicago was that town.

- The show was amazing. I think if you see Pearl Jam - Wrigley is either the best or second best with Seattle, considering Vedder’s a Chicago guy and diehard Cubbie. Started off Garden, Porch and Wishlist. Jesus Christ. It was on. Closed Jeremy, Alive and Baba O’RIley. Some Better Man, Given to Fly and In Hiding mixed in. I’m not even big on Better Man or Jeremy but live in that setting, it was insane. Grandstand about collapsed.

- I mean I first heard 3 of the songs played when I was 12. Listened to them with guys who I’d been best buddies with for 5-7 years at that point and 38-40 years now. Whole crowd was basically white dudes 40-55. Graybeards with nice watches sparking Js, giving high fives, singing to songs they’ve heard 1000x. It was subtly emotional. I definitely had some nostalgia. Thought about being in friend Chris’s parents basement watching MTV and the Jeremy video in 1992. Didn’t know shit about shit. Was in that basement 2 weeks ago with my daughter visiting his parents and his 23 year old son who was in town. I think that’s a large part of it. Not much in life taking you from 12 to 45. These guys have been together for 34 years. Never broke up. Your best friends, Kentucky basketball and football, Reds, Bengals and Pearl Jam.

-

Ain't nobody readin' that novel, WCC.

Kidding... great post.

Coach O LSU edition—-> Jealous Kook
Brian Kelly LSU edition —-> Cringe Kook

Kelly might be a decent coach but he exudes an elite level of douchebaggery that I cannot stand. He is such a weird square fit for a program that has such a wildly loose culture.

That TE recruiting vid of him spinning/dancing with shades on was his ‘jumped the shark’ moment and I’m still surprised top players want to play for him.

* Brian Kelly has ozempic face.

* I could get used to a four day work week.

* South Carolina looked like shit against Old Dominion and we demand justice for Ryan Lemond getting suckerpunched down there.

Feels like we didn't get a real opener. BBN is ready to explode, boy. This whole city seems ripe for open celebration after this hot ass summer.

* This Wade Wilson guy down in Florida seems like a real knucklehead.

If you aren't aware, he's apparently quite the Ted Bundy-esque hit with the ladies. 🤮

* Planning a Key West trip next year. Any lodging recommendations? Seems like some place where a reputable hotel might be the smart play over a VRBO. How easy is bike travel down there? (Scoot scoot, I know.)

The Cubs have scored 99 runs in the last 10 games. That's the most over a ten game span since 1930. They've won 6 in a row and are now only 3 games back of the wildcard.

Chad, no talk of the Walter Payton tribute?

Seems like SC jr fans are not confident while we may overconfident. Never take anything for granted UKFB fan.

Brock seemed like he was lacking touch, zoned in on receivers. Sounds like Levis, more agile though.

Big week.

Reactions: wcc31
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT