ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Apparently we lead for Jasper currently and him pushing his decision date back a week was to give us time to come up with some commercial opportunities for him which we have.
I think this was a done deal since I posted this and now the media is finally coming around. Sisk just said it’s a done deal, Torres said he’s up to 80/85% UK, Trilly 60%.

Last edited:
- Few things worse than a bad old fashioned. Had one tonight- tend to follow the same script- cheap cherries and too much fruit and muddling.

- In French Lick. It’s fine. No interest in ever coming back but it’s doing what we needed - only a few hour drive and our girls are having fun. Oldest road a pony, swam a lot, found a love for arcade games, has eaten ice cream, french toast and hot dogs. The simple things and whatnot.

- Always wonder what these okd Midwestern rust belt towns must have been like in their 50s/60s heyday. I mean these are some impressive hotels for a town like this.

- Because we have a 6-month old, night is over around 8. So just me up sipping bourbon and surfing cable- which I haven’t done for years. Sucks … until you come across Field of Dreams. It got me again. Think I’ve gotten teary eyed every single time I’ve watched that movie.

GVjRUpUWoAAStG2

"La Familia"
"Kentucky Kin"
Seeing this Pic still upsets me reminding me how feldaus and pelfrey backed down and let laetner shoot his wad unopposed.

Rick dared them not to foul and didn’t have a guy guarding the unbounded.
Oh I blame Rick. I want to kick him in the balls then grab and hug him, thank him for mark pope, and say welcome back.

'92 Duke
'97 Arizona
'15 Wisconsin

Are all going to 4ever sting a little harder than the others.

Hypothetically, the unforgettable beat one of the greatest teams ever

'97 would have resulted in a 3 pt

2015 would have lived in the history books

Hypothetically

Smart fan knew walking out of Lucas Oil Stadium in 2015 that the end had arrived. Unfortunately took the people in charge who should know these things 9 more years to finally realize what the smart fan knows.

Pope definitely closer to the Smart Fan Lexicon then the other side. The Commonwealth's Team is in good hands.

97 didn’t sting as bad as the other games because:
  • We won the year before
  • DA was injured
  • Mercer was running out of gas
  • Most importantly, we felt Pitino was never going to leave and we knew we were going to be good forever.
All that said, a high school aged Wayne Dougan got in big trouble for winging the remote against the wall during the game.

My grandmother had a Manhattan at 5:30 PM every night of her life as long as I knew her. You could set your watch to it.
Being the last of five children, I never met either of grandmothers.

One of life’s gentle gifts I didn’t receive.

I really enjoy walking from KY over the bridge into Cincy. For the Reds game and last night though the walking bridge wasn't open i wonder what's up? Ill assume construction of some type.

Walking by those bars down there seems like an awesome spot if u live in the area in KY or Cincy to go and have an app and drinks with a great view of river and city.

Votto got a shout out last night:

What pisses me off about 97 was that Zona didn't make a single basket in OT. They just shot free throws to win the game.

Padgett was guarding Bibby out top on the second to last play of regulation because Turner had fouled out. Just a blow by leading to a basket to put Zona up 3.

Epps then hits one of the most clutch 3's in UK history to send it to OT.

Last edited:
JDrum, you got a look at the Memorial Coliseum renovations yet?

97 game pisses me off…. Nazr free throws and FT diff. You’ll never convince me we weren’t the best team, even without DA.

Reactions: krazykats
Joey Votto could have gotten called up this year, gone 0-477 and still had a higher career on base percentage than Tony Gwynn.

(stolen from twitter)

Best Reds hitter of all time. I’ll take Frank Robinson as an exception, but beyond that you’re gonna have to bring some facts.

Reactions: jayroon
97 didn’t sting as bad as the other games because:
  • We won the year before
  • DA was injured
  • Mercer was running out of gas
  • Most importantly, we felt Pitino was never going to leave and we knew we were going to be good forever.
All that said, a high school aged Wayne Dougan got in big trouble for winging the remote against the wall during the game.

Speak for yourself.

97 stung because Bibby and Simon played out of their minds, and Mercer, Turner, Padgett and Prickett all fouled out meanwhile it felt like Arizona got to play without fear of the whistle. Maybe that wasn’t the case but as a 17 year old I sure remember feeling our whole team was on egg shells while they scrapped and hacked all game without hesitation.

Also barring any comps to the UCLA run you can’t convince me Turner didn’t have one of the best college career runs ever!

Joey Votto could have gotten called up this year, gone 0-477 and still had a higher career on base percentage than Tony Gwynn.

(stolen from twitter)

Tony Gwynn had 3141 hits w/ a career .338 avg. He also had only 6 less career RBI's than Votto....1138 to 1144. Why?.....because he hit the ball instead of looking for walks. Yes, Votto was a good hitter, but please don't even try to rationalize a comparison with Gwynn by using OBP. Votto could have had MUCH better hitting stats with a different approach.

Votto never won a silver slugger award.
Gwynn won it 7 times.

Votto struck out 120 or more times in 7 seasons.
Gwynn never struck out more than 40 times.

Just stop here before you get into a really deep hole.

Speak for yourself.

97 stung because Bibby and Simon played out of their minds, and Mercer, Turner, Padgett and Prickett all fouled out meanwhile it felt like Arizona got to play without fear of the whistle. Maybe that wasn’t the case but as a 17 year old I sure remember feeling our whole team was on egg shells while they scrapped and hacked all game without hesitation.

Also barring any comps to the UCLA run you can’t convince me Turner didn’t have one of the best college career runs ever!
I didn't say it didn't sting. I said it wasn't as bad (for me) as the other two (92 and 15).

Reactions: krazykats
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT