ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

One series and went from last place to 2nd.

Cubs have 4 series in a row with less than .500 teams.

Getting swept by Cleveland is trash!

Yeah he won a lot of individual awards, was a good player, tough as nails. I get it. I liked the kid just fine but if he was as good as everyone says then he should have been better than a 2nd round exit to Indiana.

I’m not about to go all UKO/EDC level on this but it’s my unpopular opinion and I’m sticking to it.
I think he dropped 40 points on IU. Talk to Jamal Murray and his empty arrow bag of shots or coach.

Last edited:
Baseball is kinda nuts right now:
  • No outliers in terms of top teams
    • NL leading win percentage: 587
    • AL leading win percentage: .595
  • One all-timer shit team:
    • Chicago White Sox win percentage: .238
  • Two other bad teams:
    • Marlins: .372
    • Rockies: 361
  • Other than those three losing teams above:
    • No team is more than 9.5 games out of the Wild Card
    • No team is more than 15.5 games back of first in their division
  • Some other odd stats re: standings:
    • Four teams currently at .500 or above in the NL West
    • Four teams currently between .467 and .494 in the NL Central
    • Only two divisions have leaders more than 5 games up on the second place team

We came up from Richmond for MNF a couple of times and hit up a little hole in the wall that had a free taco & nacho bar and cheap beer in plastic cups with team logos on it. It was heaven.

Sound like Rio Bravo?

Of course this was in the early 90's when most of you were drinking out of baby bottles.
Chi-Chi's on Nicholasville Rd did this. I still have a stack of those cups. Lots of fun MNF's there

-Just keep chipping away. Nice bounce back from the ritual Brewers beatdown.

-Love having the schedule back and kiddos occupied all day but the mornings are gonna take a week or so to get used to. Summers, everyone is still asleep well after I'm gone. Now, back to most stressful 20 minutes of the day.

-The new LED lights look awesome.

-Just to clarify, we were not attempting to be factually accurate regarding the highly publicized RAYGUN Breaking controversy. Thought that was obvious but I guess linking sources from Twitter can be deceiving.

-Speaking of Twitter, everyone wants to talk about it being a cesspool, and it is, BUT the other social media platforms have become as bad or worse. IG is 95% ads, FB is 95% weird groups it think I want to see, twitter is just street fights and outrage. Meh.

-ABSeafood guy in town tomorrow. Still time to order. Picked up a boil kit for next weekend.

-Need to go see Deadpool, heard it's solid. Still hven't finished The Bear or The Boys new stuff, from the first few episodes it seems like they both dropped off significantly in the latest seasons.

This is awesome and not meant to offend anyone.

Last edited:
My Last Week of Being 51 Old Ass Randos...

• Work has been kicking my ass. It's mental stress, not physical, but damn. It still takes a toll. I don't make enough real GYERO bucks to put up with this shit.

• A few upcoming kidless trips will help...

In a couple weeks, Buckeye Marge & I are going to spend an upcoming Friday-Sunday at a cabin in Hocking Hills, OH. Hot tub (no boat), hiking, wine, couples massage, a couple of nice dinners, no kids. Celebrating 15 years of marital bliss.

In October, doing a little London/Athens/Paris (not KY) jaunt. I've never been to London or Athens. The bulk of our time will be in Greece.

In November, the Texas roadie. My SIL is a diehard Longhorn fan, Austin born & raised. She also likes to drink and is ornery as hell. I think we are going to win this one and she is not going to take it well. Could be a fun flight home.

• Fall Sports are already in full swing for the kiddos. 12-yr old is on a stacked school volleyball team that won a big tourney last week and a decent premier club soccer team that has 3 friendlies this weekend. Nonstop practices and games and she does additional training on the side.

The 14-yr old is on a shitty new soccer club and they haven't even started practicing yet. Hasn't touched a soccer ball since the Spring season.

• Been working out with a trainer a couple mornings a week. Haven't lost much weight yet, but I've redistributed a bunch of it. Still have a fantastic beer belly. That shit gets harder to lose with each year. (and with each case of beer)

• Been doing a lot of volunteer stuff with the Knights of Columbus. Makes you feel good. Give back to the community, people.

• My 14yo & I just started season 4 of the Umbrella Academy. I know it's not for everybody, but I love it. Nice mix of action, drama and stupid humor.

• Heading up to Western Michigan to shoot a couple of car commercials in early September. Underrated area. Lake Michigan, Silver Lakes Dunes, Pentwater area.

• Injuries are decimating my FC Cincinnati futbol team. I don't think they did enough in the transfer window to make up for all of the injuries.

• I think Stoops & the boys are going to win 9 this year. 10 with the bowl game. A loss in Knoxville will keep us out of the playoffs.

7 or less and Mark might hit the bricks. Ain't gonna lie, I was pretty damn excited about Sumrall when we thought Stoops was heading to College Station.

But we are going to win 10 and Huber & Brady are going to take our NIL to the next level, so everyone except UKO will be happy.

• I don't know why *some* people are freaking out about Pope's recruiting. 5-star recruiting class heroes don't win ships. I really like the looks of this year's team, but have no idea if it will translate to Kentucky level results or not. We need postseason dubs.

• Have a good day, my friends.

* Would love to see the Carfax report on what all Balco was injecting into Bonds. Wasn't your typical steroid, as his hand-eye coordination and reflexes were that of a ninja, not someone hulked out on tren/dbol/deca.

* You can state that 'men can't have babies' and not get banned on Twitter, so that's an improvement over whatever it was under the old regime.

* 'Enter Sandman', 'Thunderstruck', 'Kickstart My Heart', 'Till I Collapse' -> pick one for an intro song as the Cats take the field and be done with it.

* Laura Rutledge throwing Randy Johnson 99mph inside corner heat on IG. On another level, recently.

* Cliche but the SC game is going to tell us a lot about the season. With uga and hotty toddy also in September, need to emerge from that month with a winning record to have a shot at 8+ wins. Thank god that's home this year.

* New Jack Carr novel, like the entire series, delivers. In unrelated news, I'm in the market for a tomahawk and a '84 Landcruiser.

* For as much as Austin has exploded, the fact there aren't any direct flights on any major carrier is absurd. Though nice of Delta to drop a $2,500 round trip route from Lex that has you in and out in under 48 hours. What a bargain!

* After several attempts, have perfected the smoked beef tenderloin. Pull that sucker at 115, wrap in butcher paper for an hour. Slice and sear on 500 degree grill for 90 seconds each side. Perfect medium rare. Leftovers a plenty off a 5# tenderloin for steak & eggs.

* 10 days to CFB #hubergiddy

Last edited:
If we stay healthy (looking at you, M. Cox) and Brock is just capable and steady (60%+, 230+ ypg, <10 INTs), we have a shot at an all timer.

The defensive ceiling is bonkers. Size, length, speed, experience, and accolades all over the field. I think ol Brad is ready to dial it up a notch. We don't really have weaknesses to protect, which alleviates his main weakness.

Auburn tix secured. Better be a night game. How'd we end up with Southern Miss at night and South Carolina in the afternoon? USCjr absolutely needed to be a night game. We don't have many other opportunities for big night home wins. UT, UF, Ole Miss and Texas are all on the road and we aren't beating UGA. Louisville and Auburn is it.

Two perfect nights in a row of peewee fall ball practice. 78 and dusty on the diamond, just like I like it.

We're struggling to decide between Europe and Maine next summer, which means we'll probably end up in Gulf Shores.

Bourbon bug is biting.

August rules. 43 next week. Just realized when typing that, that I've been telling people I'm 43 for the last year. Who gives a shit.

Still need a RR15.
It's a total banger. Got lucky to have a few bottles at the bar. Geese, our buddy Noah, and I did a tasting with 13, 15, and CNF, and at the time, CNF won 2 of 3 over the 15, but the nose of the 15 is simply perfection.

With that said, its opened up so much more since being cracked a few weeks ago, arguably one of my favorite bottles personally putting against some of my other favorites and it consistently wins. @Geese Feeder lets get drunk this weekend and try the Russell's tastings again.

They are 4-cylinders… no thanks.

The old bullet-proof, under stressed V8s are a thing of the past.
They just came back after a few years off. They are more like the old FJ Cruiser.

They’re all hybrid.

326-hp | 465 lb-ft of torque

All the latest off-road tech

Drove one a few weeks ago. Not too shabby.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
The Lexus V6 version is the play. More cylinders, better interior.

That kinda cash, I’m getting a Defender.

The jerseys are the the headliner but Buttercup dunking into a crown with his belly button as the ball is the real head scratcher.

Do the people on this thread with tattoos regret the way they look at all? Does it drive you crazy or do you just kind of go on with your day not worrying about? I'll understand if you can't respond until tonight when you get done with your shift on the loading docks.

Re: Wild Turkey, the RR15 > > RR13 >>>> Rickhouse CN-F in case anyone is wondering. @HUBER was kind enough to crack his but I'm eager to try their new single barrel offering the gift shop dropped a couple weeks ago. It's age stated, unlike its underrated Kentucky Spirit brethren. So we'll see! I'll keep my 15 in the back for special occasions. It's fantastic.

- Aruba trip (Eagle Beach) booked over Labor Day with another BFF couple. Appreciate @B.B.d.K. restaurant recs over the last couple weeks. It's absolutely overwhelming how many good eats are on the tiny little island. Never been, so I'm psyched. Obviously not gonna tackle all the spots on my first trip, but excited to hit up a Chef's Table place (Two Fools and a Bull).

- Picnic with the Pops was another success this past weekend. Love the BYOB/F setup and the laid back vibes. The boomers have it down to a science. Props to them and their table top decorating and creative costumes (Bjorn Borg was my fav). Weather was absolutely perfect, unlike the scorching temps the previous years.

- Steph Curry cemented himself up there in the Geese Feeder pantheon of greats with his Olympic performance, specifically the last 2 games. He's likely the best shooter the game has ever seen, is HOF, NBA champ, yada yada yada. I've always been a bit hestitant putitng him on that *turbo elite* tier of dudes with Lebron, MJ, Bird, Magic, etc... but using my subjective internal grading scale, his play against Serbia (down big in 4Q) and last couple minutes v France put him over the top. Something to be said for international competition and keeping the US in Gold goes a long way for me. It's our sport and no matter how much the world closes the gap, a nice bitch slap to the euro trash makes me proud AF.

- Speaking of Team USA.... Embiid, while immensely and unquestionably talented, drives me aboslutely batshit. I can't stand him. Book was awesome, tho. Lead the team in (+/-) and clearly bought in to guarding and doing the little things. Really impressive. Timely buckets, harassed the other lead guard, fought like hell through screens, etc... What a stud.

- Moreno will be a really nice piece for Pope to build around, assuming he commits to Pope tomorrow. Not sure how good of a passer he is and what kind of feel for the game he has, but he's got nice fluidity, soft touch, and contains good big man fundamentals per the tape.

- Twitter, for all its warts, is by far the best social media apparatus. Say what you want about Elon Musk being a creepy autistic engineer and his odd lifestyle. But with his dismantling of the previous Twitter/X'Health and Safety Council' was one of the more low key boons to free speech in the last 20 years. And he continunes to stick it to the the globalist powers that can't censor or control the narrative. British stiffs tweeting (irony) about extradition and threatening prison sentences for 'words inciting violence and misinformation'? FOH, you fascist gaffots. I think GYERO can attest that doubling down and shit posting is THE best type of posting. Eff your feelings and ridicuous double standards. To paraphrase my favorite podcaster, the MF Declaration of Independence is the best shit post ever made. GFY, Angland.

- Still pissed over Stoops and the A&M saga. Think Pope really let him off the hook a bit signing on to restore the basketball program. Otherwise, you got a lot more irate fans STILL going ape about 'ponying up' after another lackluster performance in a bowl game.. Could you imagine how ornery BBN would be with Karter Knox getting the PT nod over Thiero -- while a salty Stoops sits there cashing his $9M check claiming more uptempo/less soft zone this fall? The program is stale and has plateaued. Less entitlement, more sense of urgency/underdog mentality.... (which is what got you here). Grief.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron Mehico
- Aruba trip (Eagle Beach) booked over Labor Day with another BFF couple. Appreciate @B.B.d.K. restaurant recs over the last couple weeks. It's absolutely overwhelming how many good eats are on the tiny little island. Never been, so I'm psyched. Obviously not gonna tackle all the spots on my first trip, but excited to hit up a Chef's Table place (Two Fools and a Bull).
I'll tell you where to eat in Aruba: The Flying Fishbone. Ya boy Wayne and his family sat in that table in the back left right on the water about 4 months ago.

flying-fishbone.jpg

Staying at Tara & Bucuti, so we're hitting up Elements on-site the first day we're there.

Papiamento, Quinta del Carmen, Italy in the World, 2 Fools are already on the books. Open to a couple more to keep in our back pocket.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT