ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

I felt like Sturgill was channeling/paying tribute to Jimmy Buffett on this album. Last song sounded like Pink Floyd. Listened to it on a longer run and sort of tuned it out after the “Scooter Blues.” It’s fine. May grow on me.

The TBT is way better than The Big 3 or whatever it is Ice Cube peddles to CBS.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
I listen to that Kendrick song and wonder what it must be like to be Drake and experience a song accusing you of being a pedophile turn into a national party anthem and without question the defining song of 2024. I can’t even hear a Drake song anymore without cringing a bit.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
You suck ass at literally everything in “The Arts” except your love for The Wire. Blind squirrel, etc

Good grief.
I'm so far above you in regards to "The Arts" that it's no surprise that you feel this way. When it comes to "The Arts", I'm Vince Carter and your Fredric Weis. So lick my balls while I fly over you.

Shooter: 20 year old registered Republican.

Should we collectively blame the entire other half of Americans for this violence now?
I’m ok with just blaming biden (and obviously the lunatic shooter):

WashingtonCNN —
President Joe Biden defended himself against criticisms over his rhetoric, which has been put in the spotlight in the aftermath of the assassination attempt of former President Donald Trump – but said it was a mistake to say it was “time to put Trump in a bullseye.”

Biden made those comments during a call with donors on July 8, during which he said, “It’s time to put Trump in the bullseye,” according to a summary of the call provided by his campaign.

Listen, I'm no Biden fan and can only hope he figures out a way to the exit door but do you really want to start a pissing match about who talks the most about political violence?

No?

Good, let's go back to making fun of UKO's musical tastes and idiotic hatred of EDC, NCAA football 2025 or, god forbid, a nice pair of titties.

I’m ok with just blaming biden (and obviously the lunatic shooter):

WashingtonCNN —
President Joe Biden defended himself against criticisms over his rhetoric, which has been put in the spotlight in the aftermath of the assassination attempt of former President Donald Trump – but said it was a mistake to say it was “time to put Trump in a bullseye.”

Biden made those comments during a call with donors on July 8, during which he said, “It’s time to put Trump in the bullseye,” according to a summary of the call provided by his campaign.

You can't even handle your local school board and you wanna go national? Stay in your lane...lol.

Anyone interested in making a GYERO EA College Football 25 league?

Related: anyone know how you’d go about setting up an GYERO EA College Football 25 league?

Wait, some of you really still play video games? I'm not just talking about for a few minutes with your kids every now and then, but for real play video games like you are still 14?

According to surveys older people are the biggest demographic of new gamers and this place is getting damn old. They’re just getting a head start on retirement and trying to keep their egos from being ruined by their kids and grandkids.

It’s either that or become UnKnowledgeableOpinion (UKO). Pretty easy choice for anyone.

• Love
Reactions: IkeCat
Dog Days Randoms:

- Speaking of old 90s country, Travis Tritt had a good country "squall*" that he let loose on many of his songs (usually in the middle of a steel guitar solo). It's comparable to Hank Jr. Who are some other country singers that should be on the "squall" Mt. Rushmore?

* Most of us being Kentuckians, I assume everyone knows what a squall is?

- Was Shawn Kemp the best in-game dunker of all time? He's gotta be on the short list.

- I ran into a dumb "Ian" the other day. I think that's the first time in my life that's ever happened. As a matter of fact, Ian is #1 on my list of names that sound like a genius:

5. Samuel (went to school with a dude who had this name. Perfect 36 on the ACT. Current orthopedic surgeon at UL)
4. Asa (was in a college class with this kid. I was a 19 year old sophomore. He was 14)
3. Aiden
2. Simon
1. Ian

- While I'm ranking stuff, here are my top 5 store bought ice cream brands:

5. Bluebell
4. Breyers
3. Purity (sleeper pick)
2. Tillamook
1. Eddys

Haagen Dazs and Ben and Jerry can go get pumped with their overrated ass.

- Is it fair to say that Post Malone is the Uncle Kracker of his generation?

- Speaking of old 90s country, Travis Tritt had a good country "squall*" that he let loose on many of his songs (usually in the middle of a steel guitar solo). It's comparable to Hank Jr. Who are some other country singers that should be on the "squall" Mt. Rushmore?
Tim Wilson (RIP) had a great bit on Travis Tritt's squall.

5. Bluebell
4. Breyers
3. Purity (sleeper pick)
2. Tillamook
1. Eddys
I know it is regional but nothing beat Mayfield. Hard to find here but it is a staple when we go to the lake in Alabama.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
Headed to Log Still this Saturday for Travis Tritt.

Never been so I don’t know about the venue yet, but I’m hoping for a smaller type place similar to Iroquois Ampitheatre.

Those big crowds can get pumped at this point in my life.

- Edit to say if Vince Carter isn’t your best in game dunker I’m sorry you missed him, shew wee!

Dog Days Randoms:

* Most of us being Kentuckians, I assume everyone knows what a squall is?

- Was Shawn Kemp the best in-game dunker of all time? He's gotta be on the short list.

- I ran into a dumb "Ian" the other day. I think that's the first time in my life that's ever happened. As a matter of fact, Ian is #1 on my list of names that sound like a genius:

5. Samuel (went to school with a dude who had this name. Perfect 36 on the ACT. Current orthopedic surgeon at UL)
4. Asa (was in a college class with this kid. I was a 19 year old sophomore. He was 14)
3. Aiden
2. Simon
1. Ian

5. Bluebell
4. Breyers
3. Purity (sleeper pick)
2. Tillamook
1. Eddys

Haagen Dazs and Ben and Jerry can go get pumped with their overrated ass.

- Is it fair to say that Post Malone is the Uncle Kracker of his generation?
Don’t you mean Breyer’s frozen dessert? It doesn’t even melt anymore.

Graeter’s is it.

Haagen Dazs one saving grace is no additives.

-At first, I didn't care much about the La Familia TBT squad. However, after watching their interviews with the media yesterday, I'm all in. They all spoke humbly, were thrilled to be back and all spoke about playing for the name on the front of the jersey. When asked about Cal, all acknowledged that Kentucky was bigger than just one person. They are grown men now who appreciate what Kentucky is all about. It was great to see

-Tom Chambers had some fantastic in-game dunks, not just the throw down on Mark Jackson. The man should be in the HoF.

-So there's a chance we might not get Johnson or Moreno? Who cares? Once recruits see Pope's offense then recruiting will take care of itself. As we all know, the portal has changed everything in regards to recruiting high school players. Even if you miss out on kids, just maintain a good relationship. They can always go portaling.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
Lane Kiffin appears to be morphing into George Hamilton.

Re: video games: I play some with the kids, but got completely sucked into the last two Zelda games. They're incredible. Have wasted more hours than I care to admit. Will be steering clear of CFB25 so I can stay employed.

On my second Sturgill listen. Everything sounds great, but I'm not sure I love any individual song.

Ate way too much charcuterie the last two days. Sharp cheese and a grape... hell of a bite.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT