ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

- I don’t understand the fans that have the mentality of “ what he better do is win”.

Yea no shit?

As if he is the one that created that frustration.

- I’ve said this before, but my basketball playing days are behind me. Played 2 days in a row this weekend and both my knees feel as if they could give out with every step.

- In business there is nothing worse than to answer questions asked of you and meet demands, but then when you follow up to be ghosted to the point you move on.

Then out of the blue on a Monday after a long holiday weekend have said person text “good deal we are ready will tomorrow work”.

- After switching employers I basically feel I was hired to implode the new employers system that “works everywhere else”.

We’ll cool, how about explain what I’m doing that is making everything seem impossible with your system.

- This has been the least crazy election year I’ve lived thru as an adult. Maybe I’m not really paying attention, but in the past it seemed to be everywhere to the point you didn’t have to pay attention to notice.

- Dodgers/Yankees seem to be inevitable. Going to have to google and find out the last time LA/NY happened.

- Looking for a different beach to hit in Florida. Sanibel Island looks nice, but wondering if the Keys(siesta?) would be similar/better/different price wise.

- Enjoyed setting off fireworks for what was the 5th year in a row. Probably our last year of doing it at home instead of finding a place to watch or at least chip in and let others do it all.

- Found 1 acre on Nolin. Checking it out tomorrow since the seller understands I could put a deposit down but do not want to finalize until our house is done in September.

Getting way too excited for something that may fall through.
If you end up at Nolin and golf, I’ll take you to Shady Hollow sometime. It’s my home course. Love it.

Reactions: krazykats
County Club had the best one of the week for about 3 years running, but I don’t think they even participate anymore (and don’t care to look).

I used to be a big fan and try to get in as many as I could, until I (having a lot of friends that are bar/restaurant owners) learned that the restaurants have to PAY the promoters $5k just to participate. And that was a few years ago, I’m sure it’s more now.

It ended up being a net loss for most of them with a lot of people only stopping in for the burger, not to mention just acting like demanding assholes in general (surprising that most of the general public sucks, I know).

I kind of dig the spit in your face move that some places do now, just offering their own $5 “special burger” during the same week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
HERES OUR 7 DOLLAR BURGER WEEK SPECIAL…

ONE 1/3 POUND FRESH PATTY TOPPED WITH PEPPER JAM, GOAT CHEESE AIOLI, DUCK FAT REDUCTION, AND PORK BELLY.

GARLIC FRIES ARE A LA CARTE AND ONLY 9 DOLLARS.

“Can I please make some substitutions and order the burger with just American, kethcup and onion?”

WELL. THAT’S NOT THE BURGER PARTCIPATING IN BURGER WEEK SO THAT BURGER WILL COST 15 DOLLARS.

-Wait, are you guys saying Amy Schumer didnt get really hot as she transitioned into her 40s?!

-Lake Michigan for the 4th. It was fun, it was fine, the highlight was taking my FILs jeep grand wagoneer. Thing was like driving a space ship, had a damn screen in the glove compartment. Can’t wait for the electrical systems to all die out in 3 years

- Finished Sopranos, what a great show, sad it’s over. Think I might start The Wire next

- The Olympics start soon - always an entertaining watch - will be the first one my kids will remember I think - brings back good memories of me watching Carl Lewis and Flo Jo, Michael Spinks, etc.

- Summer GYERO always blows, about a month from getting out of the summer activities

If you end up at Nolin and golf, I’ll take you to Shady Hollow sometime. It’s my home course. Love it.
Shady Hollow is one of my favorite courses, know it well. It is real a hidden gem. That 600 yard par 5 (#10 maybe ??), even if the last part of it is down hill, is a bitch for me. Love the Par 3 finishing hole. Have not played there in a little bit, Is Wyman still working there to get free golf ? He doubled as my golf attendant and tax guy for a while.

Last edited:
My favorite part of the Olympics is the swimming which happens in the first week I believe. The sustained drama and changes that happen over a race is gripping. It isn't so fast like a track race that its over in a matter of seconds which gives way to the little moments that are easy to digest in real time. One of the all-time great moments in Olympic history was that relay with Phelps and company running down the favored French on that last leg barely out touching them for the gold. Chills thinking of it. The rest of the events are fun, and I catch them as I can, but swimming is borderline must watch for me live.

<------- would love to be able to watch The Wire for the first time. Probably my favorite drama ever. Probably my favorite show ever after Righteous Gemstones.

I also love asking guys wearing bowties if they are slinging bean pies. It gets me every time. Others not so much.

Have you not seen The Wire? What are your thoughts on the last scene of Sopranos?

At first I was disappointed and dissatisfied, but then the more I thought about it it was a great ending. Basically made you feel how that life is - always under stress and thinking that anyone can kill you at any moment, even when out to dinner with your family. Thought it was a perfect way to end it. Haven’t seen the wire but heard it’s a good one.

Reactions: 80 Proof

Happy for him, despite the asterisk (4.5" shorter basepath and pitchers can no longer hold runners effectively) And who cares if you lead the league in strikeouts and errors and can barely hit your weight.

May/June: .238 avg w/ 74 K's (strike out rate 35%)

Just imagine if he was actually good...people would go nuts.

Quick bored at work randoms…

“Bet you’re glad to move away from FL and get away from that heat”. F that noise, CT been hot as hell and no beach breeze.

Good news is off to PHX next wk where it’s a cool 113…. Also no ocean breeze.

Feels like we’ve been in July for 3 weeks already and it’s only the 9th.

Kids turn 5 and 3 in the next couple wks. Age 2 was a breeze compared to what is going on in my house right now.

Don’t really give 2 shits about the Olympics. Will watch some track and field and maybe a little bball but other than that, get me to football.

Any other updates besides lighting for commonwealth stadium this fall? Been 7 years since I’ve been and can’t wait to get back.

Picked up golf on a more full time basis. Game is as inconsistent as it ever was. Three triples and three pars in first 9 holes.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT