ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Amazing how those calling the shots for sports teams always overthink things. I do not need to see a stats sheet to know that Rob is the most electrifying prototypical NBA star in this draft. Worked out beyond well for him going to Minnesota where he will be able to thrive without the pressure of having to carry a terrible team/franchise.

Last edited:

My god.

This man was a genius.
On the way to work this AM was listening to Conan's remembering Norm podcast. They talked about this joke, Norm was only supposed to do one segment, then the producer told him he needed to do another 6-7 mins after commercial. He took this 30 second Colin Quinn joke and stretched it out to almost 5 minutes. They were amazed at the journey as he was making it up on the fly.

Some good stories on how he liked for jokes to bomb just to make the audience uncomfortable.

I just can’t fathom having wemby and having a chance to add an asset today (or maybe even next year) and say, “nah, let’s punt on it till 2031.”

Check out their roster.

8 players under the age of 24, Zach Collins at 26 makes for 9, and they added Stephon Castle which makes 10.

If they have anymore picks plus a few vets they are already past the roster allotment and that’s assuming none of the players are on 2 way contracts.

PMT probably going to have Gohlke on KSR soon. He's been in the Barstool office multiple times and has contact with Big Cat.

Edit: Even better it's Pitino 😲

Last edited:
* I've come back around on Coach Pitino in recent months. Added bonus that it now infuriates UL fans when he gushes about UK to national media.

* I got a last minute ticket to the MLB game at Rickwood last week- one of the cooler experiences. Some real life "How can you not be romantic about baseball" moments in recent weeks with that game, the Super Regional, the Daly walk-off...

Rickwood holds up ok for being over 100 years old. Its literally just stand and a field. No concessions, not even an operating bathroom... MLB had to build a pavilion outside for all that stuff and to showcase other memorabilia. Was a great experience and I believe there is some future use for the venue.

* I'm also trying really hard to throw my daughter head first into liking baseball. We go to lots of games, mostly college and minor league but we went to a Braves game recently and will be at Fenway in a few weeks. I dont know how much she takes in, but she likes the snacks and asks a lot of questions about whats going on.

* Scottie Schefler's caddie would be pretty high on the money list this year and when its all said and done- If Scheffler even has a big falloff for the rest of the year, could end up around $4M. NOT BAD.

* My daughter had her first haircut yesterday. We had to prep her on what was going to happen for about 3 days leading up to it. She has curly hair and hates people touching it bc it gets tangled can hurt- but apparently all went well and she talked about Bluey and looked at herself in the mirror and didnt freak out. These life events are basically my equivalent to your alls youth sports stories.

* A week out from heading back to Nantucket. Worth the connecting flights just to escape the heat down here. A few days in Boston to see family to cap it off.

Are caddy percent of winnings negotiable? If I were an elite pro golfer I’d just tell the guy I’ll pay you $150K a year plus travel expenses. Take it or leave it.

ESPN's best remaining players for tonight's NBA Draft.......

24th = Antonio Reeves
25th = Bronny James

lol, okay.

Let's ask it this way -- how many years would Bronny have to play at USC before he could accumulate 2350 points scored? 10, maybe? 12? Really wish more of these honks would have the balls to admit the kid sucks.

So Wayne wouldn’t incentivize caddying?

And you are a big wig?

To your first question on incentivizing caddying, forget the $150K number - it could be much higher or lower. But I question whether there is value in incentivizing caddying. It's not a sales job. I'm not trying to motivate a guy to go out and hunt. The caddy's incentive should be doing a good job so I don't replace him. And if he does an outstanding job for a season I'll give him a raise.

To your second question - I'm a nobody.

Def negotiable…. No caddie is signing up for $150k unless that player sucks.
* $150K plus expenses paid.

Your point is 100% debatable and depends on how replaceable these caddies are. Are they like QBs where there are about 20 good ones and the rest are sort of mid? Or are they like RBs and a dime a dozen?

Your point is 100% debatable and depends on how replaceable these caddies are. Are they like QBs where there are about 20 good ones and the rest are sort of mid? Or are they like RBs and a dime a dozen?
I’d say they lean more towards the irreplaceable side since most are life long friends, family members, coaches, teammates, etc.

Also, $150k is sometimes what they may make per wknd so I highly doubt they will accept that for a yearly salary.

Are caddy percent of winnings negotiable? If I were an elite pro golfer I’d just tell the guy I’ll pay you $150K a year plus travel expenses. Take it or leave it.
They would leave it. If not, you would have yourself a pretty shitty caddy. They do a hell of a lot more than hand clubs to a player, wipe off said club after he hits, rake bunkers, read greens, fetch him bottles of water. They are more or less a coach or a calming of players emotions. Not to mention giving them yardage, wind, walking the course before tournaments, and about 20 other things golfers need so they can just concentrate on making great shots.

Yeah, they're like painters, shoe shiners, guys who pressure wash your deck, etc......you can find em' anywhere.

Congrats Justin Edwards! From #1 pick preseason to undrafted.

The microcosm of how much UK basketball was broken.

Born in Orlando and an on again off again fan of the Magic. Antonio reeves is exactly what last year's team needed. Another off the ball scorer to help Banchero/Wagner who isn't a 4/5 and can both drive and shoot.

Plus, as hank said, it isn't like he can't play defense at all.

I know it's Cals fault for Edwards being where he is right now but I have such a hard time rooting for the kid. He's not on the dragon/sharpe level of hate but that kid stunted the growth of at least 3 other players for no good reason.

Better get that mandarin duo lingo queued up.

Edit : just realized he was traded to languish in new Orleans for two worthless 2nd round picks. Guess I'm an off again fan.

• Haha
Reactions: krazykats
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT