ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

8d98e99add96db8e699bb64aad122d34_crop_north.jpg

Reactions: Col. Angus
- There's a lot of states I want to explore, Nebraska is near Delaware at the bottom. Props to any wildcat friends making the chore of a trip to Omaha. Also, Jell-O shots are big trash.

- Speaking of losers, the '83 Wolfpack are suing the NCAA for NIL compensation over their imagery in promotional clips. Torn on this...

...on one hand it's the most pathetic Boomer thing to do and I hope the court embarrasses them in spectacular fashion. That team is remembered for Jimmy V running around like a maniac looking for someone to hug, not any player. You could likely make the case in '83 their compensation of scholarships/room&board/meals/training/etc was fair compensation, seeing as tv rights deals and revenue were miniscule compared to today...

...on the other hand, this is the most logical outcome of NIL. If that goes through, I would imagine any player ever featured in 'One Shining Moment', the Laettner shot participants, Weber's ill-advised timeout and everything else we've seen our whole lives in basketball and football montages will sue as well and thus accelerate the demise of the 2A.

- Heard a stat that puts Scheffler's recent dominance into perspective - since March he has earned more $ than Shane Lowry, a guy who's won the British, been on a Ryder Cup team and no slouch himself has over a career.

- Beer is a no-go these days. Can't hardly down a High Noon or the various seltzer iterations anymore because of the fake taste. Brown water during the day in this heat is a death wish. So at the suggestion of the poster formerly know as @SAECATFAN going to delve into tequila (Avion), topo chico & lime poolside this weekend.

- Friday Five:

* The Highwaymen - 'Highwayman'
* Tool - 'Pneuma'
* Thin Lizzy - 'Jailbreak'
* Judas Priest - 'Electric Eye'
* Johnny Cash - 'Sunday Morning Coming Down'

Last edited:
A Blanco tequila with LaCroix Lime does the trick for this simpleton. Great summer drink.

Will try the topo chico now.

* Llama, I don't care how many idiotic political posts are made on here... please, please, please don't ever post that picture on here again. It physically hurts me.

Seriously depresses me. That was the beginning of the end of that little era of excellence.

* Anyone want to buy 80 wooded acres in Crittenden? I think my Dad has finally had enough. He's in incredible shape for an 86-yr old, but playing 1-man farmer with everything breaking down on him has become too much for him.

We're having a big Father's Day cookout there tomorrow and he wants to talk to us all (6 kids) about what/how to sell.

* I'll be watching the Omaha Cats on my phone while manning the grill.

* I have zero problems drinking bourbon in any weather/season/temperature. But that Tequila cocktail sounds pretty effing good.

* Salmon on the Blackstone last night. Rubbed it with Spicewalla Honey Herb. 5-Stars. I'n not an "eat the skin" guy, but I'm not mad at you if that's the way you like it.

* Wife and kids have been watching some horrible series from about 10 years ago called "Dance Moms." Holy shit. There are some stupid, mean people out there. The show is a train wreck. I'm so glad my kids just did a few group/school recitals when they were real little and that was it. Dodged a bullet there.

* One of our 2 pet cats is an absolute assassin. Chipmunks, voles, shrews, robins, grackles, doves left as a present on the patio every other day. The other cat is just an ass.

I asked for a dog for Father's Day, but that ain't gonna happen until one of the cats goes to Big Gay Al's Big Gay Animal Sanctuary in the Sky.

* It is currently 63 degrees in my office. WTF? I am drinking hot coffee and shivering.

* Frydee Five:

The Ballad Of Dorothy Parker - Prince
1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
Hot Love - Marc Nolan & T Rex
Brown Sugar - The Rolling Stones
I Gotta Move - Kinks

* Alright, thought I should check in before getting to work on some of Krazy's bourbon labels.

You kids enjoy your Friday, celebrate your Dads this weekend and keep on keepin' on. Go big blue and God bless America!

Yep, and that's why people view Kentuckians as a collection of uneducated morons.

-this is a pet peeve of mine... who gives a **** what other people think. If *any* amount of your esteem/self worth is influenced by how "people" view your geographic area... you are a giant ****ing loser. It's gross. Get a ****ing grip.

^I've traveled extensively... and I'd put my group of Kentucky peers against any when it comes to education/success.

-the problem is people are looking only at Manhattan and not the Bronx... Northeast Chicago/lakeshore not Cabrini green, Berkley not Fresno. It's ****ing dumb.

* Sunscreen:

lotion >>>>>>>> spray

The spray lasts like 3 applications, and it's always windy af on the beach. I'm a lotion guy all/air.

* Always good to spend a little time in reflection and continuing to educate yourself on the proper pronunciation.

2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WORDS!

*I've got something I've really been meaning to get off my chest for a while now.

My boy Future IS an Uncle Tom.

* Allstate's Mayhem guy is a total swing and miss, IMHO. His shtick just never really did it for me. If there were a Mount Rushmore of Home & Auto Insurance spokespersons, you're probably looking at.....

1> GEICO Cavemen -- easily the GOAT
2> Jake, From State Farm -- dude is cool as a cucumber
3> Flo and Jaime (Progressive) -- just when Flo is starting to get stale, Jaime comes up and freshens up the act
4> Dr Rick (young homeowners turning into their parents) -- nails it every time
5> JK Simmons (Farmers) -- a great american educator

LiMu Emu and Doug are easily the worst.

* HUGE 3 game series coming up in Milwaukee for the Reds this weekend. Here's a general synopsis of what I'd like to see happen.....

- catch them totally off guard
- parachute into the stadium
- behead and oven roast all the children
- rape all the women
- mass execution

Metaphorically speaking, of course. Need Elly to get hot, Martini to give us a few big swings, the bullpen to hold and the starting pitching to go deep.

Go Reds!

* Official Drink of America:

* Mark Pope.

Stoops made bowl games because he plays 3 cupcakes, Vandy, and the Cards each year. See how that works?

What does that have to do with the jaguars making a middling qb (seriously, his stats are similar to Gardner Minshew and I don't recall anyone calling that guy a generational talent) the highest paid player in the history of the NFL?

I wonder if he looked more like EDC if you would agree with my, completely accurate, take.

The only “fake” flavored drink i can drink is High Noon grapefruit.

Lime flavored seltzer with tequila isn’t gonna help the fake-ness, @justa. Gotta go with a fresh lime. I’m not a tequila gal though. Maybe because my memories are of warm Cuervo shots in college?

I do like a mojito. Especially the ones they serve at a resort on vacation. It’s a nice change of pace after bubbles all day.

FFS drink a Paloma I’ve been talking about them for 10 years on here they’re the quintessential summer drink. Blanco Tequila (Casa Noble is my new favorite readily available Blanco), grapefruit soda (NOT grapefruit juice like a dipshit - grapefruit flavored soda like sanpelligrino) and a squirt of lime.

*Convicts over Catholics today at KPP.

*Both PRP and Trinity started freshman pitchers. Future is bright for both teams.

*I still LOVE beer.

*“Radio” was a great football movie. Retard Cuba and all.

*Heading to Indy in a bit. Friend of mine has a daughter swimming in the Olympic trials tomorrow. Pretty damn impressive to make it to this point.

The real Radio was on the UK sidelines for a game circa 2003-2004. Can’t remember the occasion, but he was a big fan of Wildcat Sloot and the other cheerleaders. My man. 😎

Willy, just make sure you get a good realtor who knows farms in this area. I’ve been casually keeping tabs on that market, and it’s nuts how it’s gone up. Basically tripled in the last five years. Even steep ridge land. I’m looking more out east - Bracken mainly. But crittenden is so close — that will be a sought after property man.

Only had to fire two people in my nine years of ownership. Thursday I was kinda dreading letting him go. Look at the camera as he walks in and he’s wearing a UT football jersey.

Suddenly, a warm feeling hit me knowing I wouldn’t have to see orange tennis shoes and smokey gray football jerseys working in my store ever again.

About to board to Omaha. Going up there not only to support UK but let UT fans know they can get pumped in Nashville, Lexington or Omaha. Wherever and whenever I’m here to fight the good fight.

GBB!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT