ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, dude been playing against a stacked deck

all students must enroll in prerequisite religious courses and conform to an honor code that forbids sex, alcohol, tobacco, tea, coffee, profanity and anything resembling same-sex interests. Also, no beards.
So he’s for/willing to accept all those things you listed?

I retired as Northern US Sales Manager for 30 years

6880965_460s.jpg

Real talk

We’re all gonna root for him. He’s gonna be the GD coach.

And he’ll win hopefully.

And if he wins a lot there will be jackasses that said they called it tonight. And if he loses horribly there will be jackasses that say the same thing.

But at this very moment there is not a single one of us that has a clue how Pope will handle this because he’s never coached above AAA and he’s walking into Yankee stadium. And as the gold standard fans, players, and Pope himself shouldn’t be in this position.

At no point should UK ever be in a “Pope and hope” position

So if you’re buying into this hire, you have to think:

a) Culture change
b) Pope’s another Beilein
c) The brand and style of play will do the recruiting
d) Bigtime NIL in the portal
All true. But damn, this idea about boosters not being behind it has to be very, very concerning. That d) in your list is system critical.

So if you’re buying into this hire, you have to think:

a) Culture change
b) Pope’s another Beilein
c) The brand and style of play will do the recruiting
d) Bigtime NIL in the portal
What choice, at this point, do we have BUT buying into the hire?

It's certainly better than hiring Pitino as a placeholder.

AND, at the end of the day, let's not forget that Calipari's timing really fvcked us royally. And over the last few days, I've come to believe that it was intentional.

MobileCatFan - how do my big swinging balls taste?

Not sure how our AD making an inexplicable decision suddenly improves your 800 posts/day. And while you weren't one of the ones that shouldn't post, believe its fairly unanimous among all that you should post a lot less... that was more geared to the guy giving turn by turn airplane nav and the guy obviously making up inside info posts.

Probably more pissed that they would put a beloved guy like Pope into this situation. He basically has to win A LOT right out of the gate or its going to go Joker-south.

I feel like the boosters will be happy, like us, to have THEIR program back. Access, friendly cool coach, TONS of former players around from the Pitino era and beyond, one billion less headaches and behind the scenes conversations like “there’s not shit we CAN do about him Finnegan, he’s untouchable.”

I think he’s got a grace year anyway and we’ll get behind him and see what he can do.

I am not elated but I can guarantee you there’s no coach more excited to get this damn job.

Mark Pope was a great UK player.

Mark Pope is a great guy.

Mark Pope is an innovative offensive coach.

Mark Pope understands the traditions and expectations that come with coaching UK.

Mark Pope is not the guy you hire on day four of a national coaching search.

All those things can be true at the same time.

Our competition to hire Pope was…no one.

Everybody left after the Big 3, and maybe Oats, had baggage (Pearl, Beard, Miller) or had already failed at a big job (Smart). Who else besides those guys was out there that would make people relatively happy? Golden? The Iowa State guy? It’s kind of a sparse crowd tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT