ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, BYU looks like a team that would hang 100 plus on Kentucky last year.

His offense looks like the Popovich Spurs.

If the fear with waiting on Billy is we would be left holding our peckers if he said no and have to fall back on a third or fourth tier hire…why just jump straight there?

Jealous of everyone who lives in state. Wearing UK gear out in public is going to be brutal here in TN. I’m going to have to get a carry permit to be left alone.

Reactions: NW50 and bradyjames
So, Pope will have Reed and Burks (maybe), and then 11 spots to fill when everyone else de-commits or transfers.

🤢

As BleedBlue said - if it's Pope, why rush it? Is Mitch so lily-livered that he was afraid Pope wouldn't take the best job in college basketball if we didn't lock him down tonight?

WTF?
Needed to move from Donovan so we can quickly roster build with those Mormon dudes….

UNC and Duke went with guys who had zero head coaching experience and they've had postseason success.

Tradition and resources of the top programs raise the water level. Every coach here has seen success as long as they didn't suffer from an adoration of the bottle. Pope will have access to finances and players that were barred by circumstances of his previous job. The way we clapped early in the year like a parent encourages a newborn to walk for Cal and his new offensive approach, is already understood by Pope.

With Pope, we get to be Kentucky. We aren't 1-and-done-U. We are hardworking folk with an everlasting love for basketball.

Now, can he get the players here? If, by the grace of the divine illuminated beings in the clouds, Reed returns and then we nab another intriguing prospect or two, the color of the fandom's attitude will flip. The millennial and older can be sold on the spot with a heartfelt press conference given our vulnerable disposition to the sweet nostalgia of those great years in the '90's.

I was way out in front on this dude.

Sign him up........when Cal leaves, of course.

yep, dipshit, and it’s basically the same thing I just stated. I’m intrigued, but I wouldn’t want him over Cal.

In dumbass Bristol terms, this means if Cal leaves, I’d like him to be on the short list.

This was April 22-23 2020.

In 2024, I mean, damn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT