ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is the internet was only created for when UK needs to hire a coach. What an absolute dumpster fire of speculation, falsification, and rip roaring humiliation. It has absolutely been amazing to see it all.

And man does the national media want to make UK/BBN look like dog chit?

Now if indeed we are 0-2, is Donovan for sure option number 3? Or does Oats come back into play, and can his family life get straightened out?

I think Pearl would go nuts here. And I am here for that.

Would Shaka, Sean Miller, Pope, Beard, all be MEH candidates? Maybe.

I will take an NIT next year waiting for a new coach to get his people and program going.

Only thing I wanted has happened, Cal is gone. The rest is gravy on the mashed potatoes.

If we waited to fire Cal after next season the results wouldn't be much different regardless and we'd likely be in a similar boat anyways concerning hiring a new coach.

There was no world where Cal coaching here next year would be a net positive over what we are doing now.
Absolute facts!!!

- Anyone questioning Billy should look at this roster he has in a play in scenario. Thats actually a helluva a coaching job to get 37 wins with that group.

- Team Mitch. All sports are doing good to really well, and he just saved us 33M and this search has ran about as expected. From here though he’ll show his worth.

- The SEC coach Drew called had to be Stoops.

- I’d explain the idea behind Billy not being able to produce a competitive roster year 1 if I needed to, but I think @Ron Mehico understands it.

The idea of bringing in Pel to be an assistant though is right up my nostalgia craving alley.

Billy D/Pelphrey coaching Reed/Perry and this bourbon drinking BJW will break out a VCR and start recording history!

So, it's down to; wait an indeterminate amount of time for Donovan and hope he says yes, re-visit Oats, or go with Shaka Smart or Pope? LOL

Reactions: Crystalglass
- Anyone questioning Billy should look at this roster he has in a play in scenario. Thats actually a helluva a coaching job to get 37 wins with that group.

- Team Mitch. All sports are doing good to really well, and he just saved us 33M and this search has ran about as expected. From here though he’ll show his worth.

- The SEC coach Drew called had to be Stoops.

- I’d explain the idea behind Billy not being able to produce a competitive roster year 1 if I needed to, but I think @Ron Mehico understands it.

The idea of bringing in Pel to be an assistant though is right up my nostalgia craving alley.

Billy D/Pelphrey coaching Reed/Perry and this bourbon drinking BJW will break out a VCR and start recording history!
This is the Krazykats positivity I am here for!!!
LFG!!!

So, it's down to; wait an indeterminate amount of time for Donovan and hope he says yes, re-visit Oats, or go with Shaka Smart or Pope? LOL
Yes, now that we’ve made it to Friday, a few more days will not hurt.

The whole reason for not wanting to wait was assuming we could have this wrapped up by yesterday or today

Just got back from a short vacation to SC.

Got down there Sunday, and then things went crazy and then Tuesday Cal resigned and then we had a nice couple of days at the beach and now we’re home and I guess what I learned is Sunday-Thursday is short in terms of vacation time but apparently an eternity in “who is gonna coach UK basketball” time.

Oh, if we miss on Donovan I think the fan base will more or less demand Pearl.

Sisk said he thinks there’s a 25% chance we wait on Donovan.

He basically also said that if we still don’t have a coach by the time their season ends then he’ll be an option which he doubts.

Some boosters want him but not sure about Mitch.

I think Mitch would quit before he hires Bruce Pearl. Which, you know, might be a win win scenario...

(BTW, I think Pearl would crush here. Always have. He has the personality type that is required (which, IMO is over half the battle), he can recruit, and he's an above average (not great) game coach.)

Last edited:
e3031d0f-51f7-4406-b29b-8517427fcd07_text.gif

I mean, who else is there?

Mick fn Cronin?

I fear we are f’d.
Kentucky has a long tradition of being turned down by established coaches. Rick Pitino was Newton's third choice, and he was considering just coaching the team himself, until he managed to talk Pitino into coming here.

We'll be FINE...

If you're not an alcoholic, the odds say, that you'll at least win ONE NCAA championship here...

IOW - Almost anyone they hire (barring an alcohol problem) is going to be an upgrade at this point. Even Shaka Smart. UK Basketball has a force of will that nobody else does.

That is one of MANY things that make Kentucky unique.

Last edited:
Pope is a UK legend, fun up & comer as a coach…

…who’s not going to be our coach. Lolz. Embarrassed and feel bad for him of the BBN reaction tbh - what a bunch of loons.

So in a good spirit, check out this clip from the F4. Thought he was was fantastic, and can certainly see why he’s popular. Half of it is 96/Pitino/Tournament stories. 🙌🏽

Last edited:
I guarantee you Tommy Lloyd is on the second list behind Donovan.

My second level boss is a razorbacks fan and boy howdy did he drink the ****ing Calipari Cool-aid. It got so bad I had to finally just exit the conversation. It was like watching some dude tell you how excited he was to f*** your ex gf after you’d just finished dumping a goodbye shot on goal.

Arizona now has the #2 rated recruiting class in the country.

How is Tommy Lloyd not being considered?
Hasn’t done anything in the tournament and not thought of too highly yet regarding X’s and O’s. Gets the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s though you’re right.

I could probably talk myself into Pope tbh. I think there’s something there with him. Is it “Kentucky-caliber there?” Not sure. But he gets the program, played in the NBA for almost a decade, and seems to be a good coach. In unrelated news, I went to law school and learned the fine art of arguing positions you don’t fully believe in.

They finished 5th in Big XII last year

Against tourney teams:
W - SDSU
W - NC State (N)
L - @ Baylor
W - Iowa State
L - @ Texas Tech
L - Houston
W - Texas
W - Baylor
W - @ Kansas
W - TCU
L - @ Iowa State
L - Texas Tech (N)

I mean it’s not sexy, and yes if he didn’t play here he wouldn’t be in this tier, but he’s used to playing big teams and winning big games.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Why again is Nate Oats not a legitimate target? He would CRUSH it here. He put out some boilerplate coachspeak bullshit social media thing immediately. Sure, there's chatter about a potentially unstable domestic situation out there, but is that credible? If Donovan says NO, isn't he the next best option?

I FKN FEEL ALIVE AGAIN.

I have lurked and rarely posted since 2003. I followed every GD recruit Tubby missed out on. I knew if Tubby could get the players he could coach them. I know exactly where I was when Patterson committed to UK. I know where I was when I heard Tubby was gone to Minnesota. I followed the drunk hobos stories and was all in when Cal came on board. Mouther toucher there was nothing like getting the recruits and those recruits killing it on the court! I got out of following recruiting shortly after. Little did I realize how numb I was to the things that used to mean something. Apathy set in much earlier than I even realized. Looking back, the Skal Labissieres and Archie Goodwins turned in to Marcus Lees and Wenyen Gabriels and Camron Fletchers of the world. Everything was just dull. Granted, there were the Fox, Monk, Herro, and Sheppard years…but we knew it didn’t matter. We weren’t building toward anything for KENTUCKY. Cal told us about draft night.

I’ve been checking GYERO and HOB nonstop since Sunday night. I know I can’t be the only person who after a damned decade feels FKN ALIVE AGAIN. Is it that my 44 yr old brain is releasing Dopamine that it hasn’t released since I was about 35, maybe before? Yea it is. And GD it feels amazing.

We will have a coach who isn’t John Vincent Calapari. 2nd round or further, chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT