ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Cal's *own lawyer* is tweeting about a text message from UK Athletics that could, for instance, potentially be used as evidence that Hon. Tom Mars didn't effectively communicate a counteroffer to his client's employer in a timely fashion? Do I have that right?

Last edited:
Mitch in that meeting:
willy-wonka-you-lose.gif

That video almost made me feel bad. He looks like a beaten man. You can hear it in his voice. He's dunzo.

This can be taken as a willing retirement from our program, right? I don't want him going back to Arkansas and saying, thanks but no thanks, so he can spend a year growing tomatoes only to demand Mitch pays him his buy-out money. I don't even want a negotiated buy-out. I don't want that dude to have another dime from my university. Not. Another. Dime. You tried to play us and YOU got played, playa.

Go on, somewhere. We'll see ya in 5 years and "celebrate" you as long as you can keep our names out ya mouth.

Next man up!
Cal voided his contract (buy out clause) by talking to Arkansas without informing UK he was in negotiations to coach another team. Hell he may have voided it when he showed interest in the Ohio State job in February.

If the Robes stuff is true, I feel terrible for everyone involved. I can't imagine watching a best friend/closest colleague go through the death of a child and descend into addiction and then have to fire them for it, and it can't have been easy for Barnhart either. But obviously you can't tolerate a guy showing up in that condition. I hope Robic has been able to grapple with his demons and he's okay, wherever he is now.

On the other hand: F Dewayne Peevy, if even a fraction of the rumors are true, dude was Shitstirrer #1.

@Hank Camacho, that tidbit might be my favorite part of this weirdness. Client and counsel appear aligned in their lack of awareness.

The LIFETIME CONTRACT that was such an albatross, turns out to be beneficial in this situation.

Cal: They didn't appreciate me!
LIFETIME CONTRACT

Cal: They didn't make a counteroffer!
What is there to negotiate? You already have a LIFETIME CONTRACT.

Whether intentional or accidental, UK can use the LIFETIME CONTRACT in the PR war. It's easy to understand; it's a damn soundbite; and it ends that line of discussion.

LIFETIME CONTRACT

On the other hand: F Dewayne Peevy, if even a fraction of the rumors are true, dude was Shitstirrer #1.
I’ve heard that his “go between” Matt talks about was often telling a little bit of different stories to Mitch and Cal and posing them against each other.

Reactions: jayroon
The LIFETIME CONTRACT that was such an albatross, turns out to be beneficial in this situation.

Cal: They didn't appreciate me!
LIFETIME CONTRACT

Cal: They didn't make a counteroffer!
What is there to negotiate? You already have a LIFETIME CONTRACT.

Whether intentional or accidental, UK can use the LIFETIME CONTRACT in the PR war. It's easy to understand; it's a damn soundbite; and it ends that line of discussion.

LIFETIME CONTRACT
In a rational world, it would appear to make no sense to Calipari to come after UK publicly or legally. He was able to act irrationally when he had literally no consequences at UK post 2019. With a new gig, however, he's got to listen to administration / boosters during the honeymoon.

That should incentivize everyone to be civil and dignified in public. We shall see if Calipari is crazy like a fox or just crazy (metaphorically speaking).

This is absolutely not a political post but there is a metric shit-ton of Donald Trump in John Calipari. Literally everything inevitably becomes a referendum on him at all times. It is exhausting. I, and I think I speak for a lot of BBN here, am just ready to have a normal college basketball program again that focuses on winning games and producing outstanding young men who make this state proud.

It shouldn't be a fiasco monkey-humping a crisis every summer just to field enough players to practice, for instance. Just be normal and calm -- really, really, really excellent at your job and normal.

Having a milquetoast AD who just got fangs might somehow end up being a real cool hand.

Also, I sincerely hope both Cal and the BBN treat this much like we did with Tubby. Let him go somewhere else and do not pay much attention. When we play them, everyone try to kick each other's ass and exchange some good natured barbs but let bygones be. He will be retired soon enough. Hopefully seeing the shell of what Pitino is gives him some pause against going that route -- and vice versa for Billy Jack Wildcat.

Last edited:
When the stupid mfer turned heel after one of the most embarrassing losses against Wisconsin, and declared WINS DONT EVEN MATTER…

That was it. Instead of taking blame, vowing to work harder, he chose to go to war with the fans/university. And our stupid AD/some fans bought it for a loooong time. We were too nice to that clown, even when he rubbed our faces in it.

F that guy.

That’s actually sounds scarily Calipari of him… “haven’t heard of it!”

Obviously we all are hoping he’s playing cool and biding time to hear the offer.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Better be at least 15 million dollars a year.
If that is what it takes, then you do it. Not having to pay Cal, combined with the absurd amount of SEC money Kentucky gets makes that doable. I can't see how anyone would turn that down. That's double what UConn can pay, and combined with the 7 or 8 million NIL money, not to mention that it's ****ing KENTUCKY, well, if he turns that down, then nobody is EVER getting him out of there.

I’m gonna ruin my street cred by asking, but who the f*ck is Trilly and how do I read his stuff?

If that is what it takes, then you do it. Not having to pay Cal, combined with the absurd amount of SEC money Kentucky gets makes that doable. I can't see how anyone would turn that down. That's double what UConn can pay, and combined with the 7 or 8 million NIL money, not to mention that it's ****ing KENTUCKY, well, if he turns that down, then nobody is EVER getting him out of there.
Not to mention, Uconn had to go to the state of CT to get his last raise approved. The big east is gonna implode soon too. Football is driving the revenue in college sports. The SEC is rock-solid footing. The big east is paper mache.

Hurley's denials haven't been very convincing so far. I'm not holding my breath, but a guy as arrogant as him would probably love it here. His Northeastern guy schtick is meaningless. Pitino and Cal were both Northeastern guys. His wife's excuse is also meaningless. I don't know if people are aware of this, but if a wife is offered essentially unlimited money and the ability to travel, she's likely going to be happy with it.

Leaving after back-to-back titles would be incredible, but it seems like UCONN cannot afford to pay him what we can. If he cares about money and attention to his accomplishments, as most people do, we'll get him.

He's made a couple of remarks about how people don't give them enough attention because of where they play, he's mentioned he just now started making money (in jest) in an interview, he's laughed off UK interest but not outright denied, UCONN's AD said "we'll do everything we can". The college landscape is changing and UK's flush with cash from now until the entire thing burns down. Not sure if UCONN will be, so that has to be given at least a little thought. I mean, a lot of it just kind of adds up to UCONN not being able to provide what we can, and it will just come down to what is important to him.

He's an egotistical maniac, I think, which might work out perfectly for us.

Matt Jones was of the opinion that UConn winning would hurt Kentucky's chances, but I see it as the opposite. His stock will never be higher than it is right now, and with all of the complications that you listed, this might be the perfect time for him to bolt.

Reactions: jayroon
You were touching saying?

If it's true, whoever called Peevy a shit stirrer had it pegged.

How in the hell did Cal think that would ever work?
I said that previously about Peevy and the story about him doesn’t surprise me in the least.

DePaul should fire him.

Last edited:
SCENE: Big Blue Madness - 2024

The sound of glass breaking. The Wildcat enters Rupp Arena to the theme music of Stone Cold Steve Austin as the crowd erupts. He is carrying two gallons of milk. As he approaches midcourt, he slams the jugs together and guzzles their contents, milk cascading down his costume in a dairy waterfall. He rips off his head and - BAH GAWD, it’s Mitch Barnhart! The crowd begins to chant his name in orgasmic delight.

He grabs a microphone and begins to address the crowd and “that Goldarn So-and-so John Vincent Calipari.” But he’s interrupted by Scratch! The two embrace and announce that a plan years in the making has finally paid off. To the stunned amazement of the rapt audience, Scratch removes his head to reveal … Sonja from Harbortown!! The NWO theme music plays and then they introduce the women’s team or whatever.

Wilbon was also tag teaming with Vitale after Tubby left saying we would fall off cliff.

He also said Jacob DeGrom couldn’t win Cy Young because of his record. When told he gave up one run or less in all but one of his losses (or something close to that) his response was, “he should hang tough!”

What I’m getting at is sports media people aren’t very smart

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT