ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Louisville will eventually (I think??) hire a competent head coach again. I'm sure Buzz would do fine enough there but that's not gonna worry me much from the rivalry perspective.

Kansas game looms large. Fired up Rupp Sat crowd I'll be there.

My hope is Cal doesn't pucker on this 3pt %. I'm happy to live and die with an offense like today dialed in with more Oscar in the post.

From Marquette to Va Tech to A&M he has won and been a solid tournament worthy team/coach every year. You’ll never have to worry about getting in trouble with him or him making the University look bad.

Sadly, I think we are past the days of “elite” championship level coaches. I mean who are they right now? Self? Cal? …………………..

It’s wide open anymore!

Reactions: jayroon
Tonight’s 🍿 movie 🎥 rec:

Queen & Slim

(Mashburned will especially enjoy)

Surprisingly Another A+…

That game went exactly how TexAM wanted it to go. It was very physical. They neutralized Oscar and got him in foul trouble. They were perfect from the stripe. Radford got in the lane the entire 2nd half. We missed about a dozen wide open 3s.

And we still won. These are the games I love. They build character. Let's keep it up!

Last edited:
Jones absolutely nailed it on the pre-game....

- Buzz would double and triple and beat up Oscar all night, then dare us to beat them with the 3
- Cal's typical approach would be to put another big in there to protect Oscar, which would play right into Buzz's hands, and if he did that rather than take what the defense gave him, Jones' head would explode
- Of course Cal tried it, that approach failed, and once he quickly switched up up and went with the Benny lineup we pulled away

Everyone is seeing this except him, but we're getting closer.

I cannot wait until Fred and Reeves are both hitting at the same time. Combined, they didn't even shoot well today. Get them going together, and it's lights F'ing out for whoever we're playing.

Cal seemed to reference a&m as Vanderbilt then Florida. That was an odd post game radio interview. Moreso than usual. Did anyone catch that? Am I drunk (yes)?

When we fed UGONNA for a post feed in the first half my head exploded. At least it was just one.

Thought Wheeler was decent, but got stuck playing with the weird lineup most of the time.

"The Standard" station on iHeart plays Sinatra and similar hits. Just an elite dinner time listen.

Let's get drunk.

The fact we’re referring to a specific group of players as the “benny” lineup and everyone automatically knows who you’re referring to makes me laugh more than it should. Only at UK would this happen. JMI should slap those 5 guys on a t-shirt and reference bennies somewhere on it and contribute all proceeds to NIL.

The fact we’re referring to a specific group of players as the “benny” lineup and everyone automatically knows who you’re referring to makes me laugh more than it should. Only at UK would this happen. JMI should slap those 5 guys on a t-shirt and reference bennies somewhere on it and contribute all proceeds to NIL.
Love that it is a nice little shot at Cal. If he’s being truthful he will say yeah I deserve that

Reactions: Col. Angus
I don’t give a ish if Cal is claims he discovered this lineup and takes credit, tells BBN to eat one, whatever. Just play our best lineups. I haven’t seen a UK tournament win since Herro was screwing up assists for Ashton Hagans.

I’m getting old. I gotta see a run this year. I’m desperate.

I don’t give a ish if Cal is claims he discovered this lineup and takes credit, tells BBN to eat one, whatever. Just play our best lineups. I haven’t seen a UK tournament win since Herro was screwing up assists for Ashton Hagans.

I’m getting old. I gotta see a run this year. I’m desperate.
Good thought.

How old were u when Kentucky won #8?

42 here… now an old 52

Few quick thoughts:

- best passing game Oscar has had that I can remember. It actually looked like we did a little game planning for once - he’d catch it, feel the double team coming, and hit an open man. The passes weren’t exactly crisp, but the ball didn’t stick in his hands for once and it resulted in us getting good looks all day.

- of course, it helps when the guy catching the pass is a threat of any kind from the wing. Which is why The Lineup™️ works (or one of the reasons).

- didn’t get murdered in pick and roll, either. Didn’t do great there but he’s showing some signs of improvement.

- those lineups from the under-12 til 3 minutes left in the half.. I don’t get it. Does he just want to prove a point? How much more evidence does he need that spacing matters?

- I feel badly for Wheeler. Throwing him in that mess does him no favors. I’m holding firm in my belief that he would a great microwave guy off the bench with three shooters + a big. Play him with CJ, Reeves, Livingston, and whoever you want. I think that lineup would be almost as efficient as the Bennies. At the very least it wouldn’t hemorrhage points like the other ones he likes.

- Buzz Williams suits that school. Seems like a weird dude for a weird place.

Last edited:
Can Kevin Hart possibly have more annoying, unfunny, commercials concurrently running?

Dude is relentless

10-28-30-44

I know he has a lot of intangibles and leadership, but man CJ has to start consistently hitting those wide open 3's.
At this point, I trust Reeves more than him. And it's not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT