ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocked Rogue’s Wallace info was completely false.
Didn’t say he quit completely, I said people that were there said he didn’t have back spasms and was like eff this. Which could’ve been true, didn’t mean he wouldn’t play again.

Anyway, got the whole living room & kitchen painted during the game so mostly just listened, fantastic win. Kept expecting the wheels to fall off but they didn’t.

Church, gym and then start the molding painting. Whipped Cream White is going to make this stuff POP.

What a Sunday to have no worries and a satisfying win.

During the postgame presser, Cal gave a shout out to Barnhart and mentioned that Capilouto had been with the team on the road trip. That's good to hear. It is also good leadership from Capilouto -- a combo of "How can I help this situation?" and threat of "If I have to ask how I can help again, changes will be made".

We are in a much better shape if all involved get their shit in order, bury hatchets and chalk it up to COVID or whatever, start selling beer, and get back to being the Galactic Empire of college basketball.

We should have three easily winnable games before Kansas comes to Rupp. If this season is getting fixed, now is the time.

Last edited:
Mood:

FmdResHaYAAKrrQ

Let’s not pretend that we won because that lineup was some sort of offensive juggernaut. We shot 35% and scored a total of 63 points.

We won because we discovered we had balls and we fought for it. The rebounding numbers tell me everything I need to know.

It is obvious to everyone here that the more shooters we have on the floor at once, the better we are. But we need those shooters, I’m looking at you Reeves and Fredrick to scrap and play their asses off at both ends of the floor. I love what I saw. Today.

If we play with the effort we did with today, we’re gonna be ok.

Give me 10-20 minutes of Wheeler (depending on how things are going) mixed in with today’s lineup. Leave Collins out of it and let’s go kick some ass the rest of the season.

Yes, I’m a little drunk. But that’s ok.

Both of my girls lost their tourney games today. The 6th grader’s game started at 2:00, so I was trying to do the scorebook and watch the UK finish at th e same time. I started fist pumping and going nuts when we won and the ref stopped the game because he thought I was trying to get his attention.

I’m pleasantly surprised with today’s outcome. I happily lost $175 on various bets involving us losing by dibble digits. I pray that it Carrie’s over. To the rest of the season.

I have been drinking New Riff Krentzy 2 with my neighbor and watching football.

I love my cats. I love you. And I just want to say Who Dey and I miss Anth.

Did anyone let wcc know we won?

Willy if you’re going to mention my name, you better be damn sure to put respect on it.

Let’s not pretend that we won because that lineup was some sort of offensive juggernaut. We shot 35% and scored a total of 63 points.

We won because we discovered we had balls and we fought for it. The rebounding numbers tell me everything I need to know.
According to Matt Jones post-game math, that lineup was 29-11 yesterday, the rest of the lineups lost by 11. It’s a lot easier to fight and give effort when it feels like it’s not fruitless and the team and players are put in positions to be successful.

Gosh I would love seeing Livingston at the 4 with that crew…not holding my breath.

I have little faith that we are going to see extended minutes of our most efficient lineup(s) moving forward, nothing that Cal has done in the last 5 years suggests he will use those numbers as a guide. I suspect it was a one-off due to injuries and when Wheeler and Collins return our lineup with revert back to what it was before (I mean, we still got extended minutes of Lance at the 4 yesterday).

But, hey, we have a couple more days to enjoy this W and you never know…

Last edited:
I’m worried about some of you all. I’m afraid you suffer from “Battered Wife Syndrome”. It’s almost as if Cal has beaten you down and beaten you down but yesterday he came home with flowers and candy. And if just for a fleeting moment everything is forgotten and you have a slight twinkle in your eye. You have even been bragging to your friends about how he really has changed, this time it’s for real, but they all are thinking the same thing…:”you damn fool”.

Hopefully they are right this time

Reactions: ULISwuzPointGod
I’m worried about some of you all. I’m afraid you suffer from “Battered Wife Syndrome”. It’s almost as if Cal has beaten you down and beaten you down but yesterday he came home with flowers and candy. And if just for a fleeting moment everything is forgotten and you have a slight twinkle in your eye. You have even been bragging to your friends about how he really has changed, this time it’s for real, but they all are thinking the same thing…:”you damn fool”.

Hopefully they are right this time

Nope, it’s more like we know what’s happening we just hope the asshole involved makes the best of a bad situation like a mature adult should.

Maybe someone tells this asshole to “grow up”.

Didn’t say he quit completely, I said people that were there said he didn’t have back spasms and was like eff this. Which could’ve been true, didn’t mean he wouldn’t play again.

Anyway, got the whole living room & kitchen painted during the game so mostly just listened, fantastic win. Kept expecting the wheels to fall off but they didn’t.

Church, gym and then start the molding painting. Whipped Cream White is going to make this stuff POP.

What a Sunday to have no worries and a satisfying win.
I sat right behind the bench and what you said was 100% incorrect. Whoever told you is full of shit. So maybe don’t listen to them anymore.

Nope, it’s more like we know what’s happening we just hope the asshole involved makes the best of a bad situation like a mature adult should.

Maybe someone tells this asshole to “grow up”.
Yup.

From Cal's perspective, this has to be the worst things have been for him at Kentucky. If he's as insulated as he claims to be, he might have actually thought UK fans forgave him for 9-16 because of COVID, chalked the St. Peters loss up to bad luck at a bad time, and believed that he still pooped ice cream.

This season might be the first time he's realized how bad the relationship is. It is only now that he's got his pet sportswriters writing that he's washed up (remember it was Kyle Tucker that Cal went to with the scoop to try to get the new practice facility). Now Rupp is getting emptier every game and fans are asking him to leave. He's got the effing university president supervising him on a road trip. He's smart enough to know that means that he could very well get fired if things don't change rapidly.

This is probably my Battered Spouse Syndrome talking but I thought he coached differently yesterday. He didn't bitch out his players. He didn't gloat after the win. He even talked positively about Barnhart. That NEVER happens (and I don't really blame him for it, tbh).

I'm cautiously optimistic. I also hope everyone doesn't freak out when Wheeler plays 35 minutes against Georgia on Tuesday. Wheeler effing played there and is a senior. Wheeler absolutely should play a ton of minutes against them unless we get down. The time to gripe will be later if that keeps up and, more importantly, Cal keeps putting Wheeler in lineups without multiple shooters.

Maybe he did coach a little differently but I agree it's telling that Capiluto spent time with the team and Cal this week and I see that as putting Cal, and Mitch too, on notice that this isn't working so now he's got to get involved.
Between Mitch going on KSR and Cal getting the win, it looks like the message was received so hopefully we see we are moving forward again.

Barring injury, wheeler should never, under any other circumstance, play 35 minutes a game. I don’t give a damn if played there or not. If I had any confidence we could go in and take care of business Tuesday night I might feel differently, but I don’t.

Wheeler being out wasn’t a “key” to anything except what it forced Cal to do elsewhere, along with Wallace being hurt/foul ridden

Playing 3 shooters was, and more importantly, letting CJ/Tone play bulk TOGETHER through misses & mistakes.

We had 19 goddam turnovers. And Wallace had 5 of them himself to go along with zero (0) points, playing hurt. #respect

There was certainly no upgrade at the PG position, but I hope Cal finally saw the importance of playing our shooters TOGETHER.

Wheeler is very important to the team overall, but he certainly doesn’t need to play 40, or even 32. But we absolutely need him, just not dominating the closing minutes.

Love Reeves handling in late clock, however - THAT should be the revelation. Got shots, made FTS.

CJ emerging as a willing leader is especially encouraging. This team needs that on/off the court. Kid has had a really weird & overall disappointing time here & he shares some responsibility sure, but he can ball. His mind finally seems right, just needs his body to stay along with it.

Thiero. Worship. Shit.

Anyone expecting a wholesale change is gonna be disappointed, but I hope coach at least takes something from all of it.

Just gonna enjoy until we lose. We as fans deserved this, and obviously the players do.

…hell, I reckon the staff even does a little.

Smoke (or at least continue progress) UGA, A&M, Vandy, and let’s set up Rupp for a true season defining game vs a possible #1 KU. I trust BBN will understand the importance and be at absolute fever pitch for that one, and let’s see what happens.

You don’t have to do an about face on Cal or the very poor condition of our program to hope for a little run. I certainly am not. A million miles past any false hope WE’RE BACK!!! naive bullshit.

I’m just a lifelong desperate fan, and that one was huge & entirely unexpected.

Go Cats!

Last edited:
The reason doesn't matter. Only the result does. If Calipari doesn't realize now, that shooters are the way to go, then he is either brain-damaged or he'd rather lose than give in (intentionally sabotaging the UK basketball program)

This damn football game is fixed. From the 2:15 in the 2nd Quarter to the 14:00 minutes mark in the 3rd quarter there was 3 FGs and 2 TDs.

I didn’t bet because I lost may ass on Seattle yday, but most of the money is on Buffaloss the line moved from 13 to 14.

I am heavy on Minnesota in the 2nd game though.

Wheeler being out wasn’t a “key” to anything except what it forced Cal to do elsewhere, along with Wallace being hurt/foul ridden

Playing 3 shooters was, and more importantly, letting CJ/Tone play bulk TOGETHER through misses & mistakes.

We had 19 goddam turnovers. And Wallace had 5 of them himself to go along with zero (0) points, playing hurt. #respect

There was certainly no upgrade at the PG position, but I hope Cal finally saw the importance of playing our shooters TOGETHER.

Wheeler is very important to the team overall, but he certainly doesn’t need to play 40, or even 32. But we absolutely need him, just not dominating the closing minutes.

Love Reeves handling in late clock, however - THAT should be the revelation. Got shots, made FTS.

CJ emerging as a willing leader is especially encouraging. This team needs that on/off the court. Kid has had a really weird & overall disappointing time here & he shares some responsibility sure, but he can ball. His mind finally seems right, just needs his body to stay along with it.

Thiero. Worship. Shit.

Anyone expecting a wholesale change is gonna be disappointed, but I hope coach at least takes something from all of it.

Just gonna enjoy until we lose. We as fans deserved this, and obviously the players do.

Smoke (or at least continue progress) UGA, A&M, Vandy, and let’s set up Rupp for a true season defining game vs a possible #1 KU. I trust BBN will understand the importance and be at absolute fever pitch for that one, and let’s see what happens.

You don’t have to do an about face on Cal or the very poor condition of our program to hope for a little run. I certainly am not. A million miles past any false hope WE’RE BACK!!! naive bullshit.

Go Cats!
Rack.

Thiero. Worship. Shit.

Go Cats!
can't believe it idris elba GIF

Little aside.

Fredrick either has SERIOUS OCD, a nervous tick, or likely a little of both, especially the former.

…but I’ve never seen an athlete fiddle with his jersey/tuck like he does lol.

It’s seriously nonstop, and makes me uncomfortable. He even did it through the handshake line Lmao.

Oh well, keep launching & leading. That’s my guy. If he’s right & getting 30 minutes, it’s as much the difference to our potential as any single personnel situation on the team. 💯

^

Vinsel is ALL IN on CJ/Tone together. Just realizes it has little to do with the false Wheeler narrative, much more about THOSE TWO being together.

Reeves/CJ need extended run together no matter WTF is going on in the rest of the lineup.

It changes everything w/ regards to spacing & also frees Oscar to work. Common sense to everyone but Cal.

Period. Shit, we looked good with Thiero running point w/ those two.

-CJ clutch bomb vs USC ended up pointless, but he did the same tongue shit then.

On a team that has negative swag, I love it.

Last edited:
I definitely don’t remember Fred/Reeves ever playing so loose and feeling so comfortable to pull the trigger. They were practically gunning at times, with little or no concern for being yanked out of the lineup. That’s imperative for a great shooter.

Also worth mentioning that they didn’t even shoot well, and we still won. You get those two actually shooting hot, and we can fing murk some fools.

(ps please for gods sake read this Cal)

There's like a 90% chance Cal is thinking right now "These guys are finally playing tougher and for their brothers and not themselves. As soon as I get Wheeler back in the mix, my shooters can get more rest on the bench and we can really get this thing popping off."

The NFL gambol can be so cruel.

Bet a parlay yesterday including Niners ML, the over in the Niners vs Seahawks game at 42 and then the Chargers ML.

Met a couple of buddies out at Manhattan Project around 4:30 and then came home at the half of the Chargers vs Jacksonville game with LA leading 27-7.

When I got home the lass and I started binging some show. I fell asleep around 10:30 and woke up around 12:30 only to check my phone and see Jaguars 31 Chargers 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT