ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
F*** YEAH
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

One thing that won’t get talked about much is Cason Wallace and his refusal to lay down and not take shit off Tennessee. They started out the game physically man handling us and it appeared we were gonna just lay down. He was the first player to match Tennessee’s physicality and the rest of the team seemed to follow his lead, minus Toppin. Wallace was injured to boot. This should be Wallace’s team going forward, the Savhir experiment should be over. Surely this is obvious to Cal

If I had to pin it to just 1 thing, I’d say the fact that the players we need were allowed to play thru mistakes and gain some confidence to be contributors when it mattered.

There are other things we did really well, but that specifically to me was huge for Livingston, Frederick, and Reeves.

- It’s lineups and spacing. Cal can always teach defense. He needs lineup discipline.

- More Thiero. He’s a four position utility knife who always makes the right read.

- Gotta give Reeves and Fredrick the opportunity and shots to cook.

- Wheeler can play … but we need 3 shooters at all times. Dude can’t play with Toppin.

- Toppin is a knucklehead but he played good D, created a bit and was a good secondary ballhandler at times.

- Whaddaya know - going small equates to better D and better rebounding too.

- I will never see it but I dream one day of these two lineups:

Wallace-Reeves-Fredrick-Livingston-Tshiebwe

Wheeler-Wallace-Reeves-Fredrick-Tshiebwe

- I guess we’ll see if Cal learned a lesson today. Who knows. This is the rare sport where seasons turn on a dime regularly. It’s all still there. No one in the country has a better win.

- I’m getting drunk.

Every time Wallace came off the floor he went straight to Ulis. One time he even made somebody scoot down the bench so he could sit by him. Love that.

Take this thing game by game, and build towards Kansas.

Fredrick trying to be a leader. Just needed a little kick in the pants from Brady.

Cats win, UT, Louisville, and Duke lose. Hopefully my wife can get the girls to bed because daddy is going in tonight.

Last edited:
Good thing the Russian could only score from 8’ in… dragging Oscar outside is the death knell.

Not to beat a dead horse, but it's as if Calipari stumbled upon GYERO, saw what the basketballs on here (not including myself in that group of course) had to say. He thought about it, and decided, WTF do I have to lose?

He finally did what so many of you on here have been begging him to do.
Maybe he should take some of that 9 million dollar salary, and build a GYERO Lodge as a thank you.

As “apathetic” as I am, I still recorded the game today even though I didn’t watch to take little man to the toy train expo. But after finding out the score I of course have a massive pep in my step and have watched the replay twice, because I’m completely full of shit and am a BJW at heart. Just made myself a “baklava sour” from my shaker and spoon bourbon box and shit is delicious. Will knock down a few more cocktails, show the little lady what’s up, and enjoy the night. Cheers wildcat friends, it’s a good night when we beat UT. 🍻

Not to beat a dead horse, but it's as if Calipari stumbled upon GYERO, saw what the basketballs on here (not including myself in that group of course) had to say. He thought about it, and decided, WTF do I have to lose?

He finally did what so many of you on here have been begging him to do.
Maybe he should take some of that 9 million dollar salary, and build a GYERO Lodge as a thank you.
It is easy to say that he was forced into it by Wheeler being out, but he still could’ve thrown some weird ass lineup of three bigs, and two guards out there throughout most of the game. And he still may have if Collins had been available.

Fingers crossed.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Calipari did nothing of the sort, actually. He was basically forced into the Wallace-Fred-Reeves-Toppin-Oscar lineup because of injuries, otherwise we wouldn’t have seen it. And of course those weren’t our 5 starters.

What are the odds we play that lineup more than 5-10 minutes against Georgia?

As “apathetic” as I am, I still recorded the game today even though I didn’t watch to take little man to the toy train expo. But after finding out the score I of course have a massive pep in my step and have watched the replay twice, because I’m completely full of shit and am a BJW at heart. Just made myself a “baklava sour” from my shaker and spoon bourbon box and shit is delicious. Will knock down a few more cocktails, show the little lady what’s up, and enjoy the night. Cheers wildcat friends, it’s a good night when we beat UT. 🍻
My daughter had volleyball during the game, and of all the damn days my DVR did not record.

I forgot that the game started at noon and instead went with my wife to a movie about a guy who keeps trying to commit suicide but is repeatedly unsuccessful.

GO CATS

Let’s not pretend that we won because that lineup was some sort of offensive juggernaut. We shot 35% and scored a total of 63 points.

We won because we discovered we had balls and we fought for it. The rebounding numbers tell me everything I need to know.

It is obvious to everyone here that the more shooters we have on the floor at once, the better we are. But we need those shooters, I’m looking at you Reeves and Fredrick to scrap and play their asses off at both ends of the floor. I love what I saw. Today.

If we play with the effort we did with today, we’re gonna be ok.

Give me 10-20 minutes of Wheeler (depending on how things are going) mixed in with today’s lineup. Leave Collins out of it and let’s go kick some ass the rest of the season.

Yes, I’m a little drunk. But that’s ok.

Both of my girls lost their tourney games today. The 6th grader’s game started at 2:00, so I was trying to do the scorebook and watch the UK finish at th e same time. I started fist pumping and going nuts when we won and the ref stopped the game because he thought I was trying to get his attention.

I’m pleasantly surprised with today’s outcome. I happily lost $175 on various bets involving us losing by dibble digits. I pray that it Carrie’s over. To the rest of the season.

I have been drinking New Riff Krentzy 2 with my neighbor and watching football.

I love my cats. I love you. And I just want to say Who Dey and I miss Anth.

Did anyone let wcc know we won?

We scored enough to win, and Tenn, so we're told, has one of the stingiest defenses in the nation.

And I'm fine with Wheeler never playing again.

Reactions: gobigbluebell
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT