ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on Vern's last post, I'm inclined to go with his optimism. We showed some positives with Toppin playing within himself, lineups solidifying and good assist ratio.

Agree that it's UL and they are hot garbage, but gotta turn a corner on the negativity at some point.
It’s basically like playing the scrubs in November. Sometimes you find something. If nothing else, they at least looked like they were having fun .. which I genuinely don’t think we’ve seen all year.

*Put in Sherron. Wade looks like one of the worst QBs I’ve ever seen.

We're getting blown out by a team that hasn't converted a third down and has one sustained drive? Didn't know you could do that.

Eh, I'm not mad at levis and crod not playing, I am mad at Stoops playing favorites for the sake of one player over the entire team (very out of character for him) and let this result happen.

Can't switch now, kaiya may show something and prompt a ton of questions.

Hey man these kids are reaching their dreams and we have a great class next year!

It's not stoops fault but spare me the he sounds real in post game BS.

Louis Riddick's mom passes away 5 days ago and he has to(contractually obligated??) to call this game.

I feel for the guy.

wwe wrestling GIF

Ishy ending to a disappointing season. I respect Stoops acknowledging on KSR that it’s not good enough but for $8-9m a season now that excuse or real talk is not going to be good enough if this offense is not completely different next season.

Last edited:
I barely watched the bowl game, but every time I looked at it Iowa was completing an 8 yard pass to a huge white tight end.

Pretty much what I expected.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
Is it OK to say this is the most dissapointing uk football year of the stoops era?

-absolutely. Had the parts to have a much better year.

-defense was very good....sans the Tennessee game...and they make most teams look bad.

-offensive coaching was beyond abysmal.

-love c-rod...he'd have helped today, but he gave me plenty in the time he was here.

-levis last year was dynamic/impressive...this year he was Newtonesque. It's a shame.

I think the offensive play calling was unfathomably bad but - to his credit - Stoops immediately corrected it.
The fact that our offensive line immediately got better just by getting rid of Scangarello is telling. We played an incredibly good defense today without a QB and back up RBs.

I'm very optimistic for next year.

The fact that our offensive line immediately got better just by getting rid of Scangarello is telling. We played an incredibly good defense today without a QB and back up RBs.

I'm very optimistic for next year.
Yeah the sacks were on Wade and not the OL. Just didn’t seem they scripted to Wade’s strengths at all.

Is it OK to say this is the most dissapointing uk football year of the stoops era?
Some of us had a dream of sitting in Atlanta watching us tangle with the SEC West Champion.

Instead we were gifted a rock fight where our QB only threw rocks to the other team in the f’n MCB.

Yeah, it’s safe to say.

To me it is clear the 3 best teams in the country this year were UGA, Bama and UT. The next 10 or so are far below that but all about even. TCU and Michigan both in that group so I'm not surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT