ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
After thinking it over, this dude might be tops:

greg-paulus-not-happy.jpg

I considered some other Dukies like Mike Dunleavy and some of the more obvious picks like Wojo or Redick, but ultimately I think I just respected the other choices more than Paulus. What a douche.

I also had a -mostly- irrational hatred of this dude when I was growing up and loved whenever he'd lose:

5391e2c4acd98.image.jpg

I don't think some of you understand what an opinion is. To ME, in MY OPINION, the majority of stuff Snoop has put out is pretty "meh". Particularly when you juxtapose it to his immense "social" popularity.

Can't believe I have to fvcking explain this.

I’m shocked it’s been so controversial. Obviously, Doggystyle and his work on The Chronic are classic. He’s being compared to his contemporaries, other all-timers.

Reactions: HymanKaplan
My point last week saying I think he has to be #1 was based on longevity, sales, quantity and quality hits, beefs he outlasted, and the way he changed/improved and wasn’t seen as fake when his raps weren’t solely street anymore.

Biggie and PAC never got the chance at longevity and Pac wanted to stop rapping until Bad Boy became his target. Besides them who? I get Eminem but I just can’t take him serious, Nas? Ok fine but he disappeared for along time.

Who else gets #1 overall consideration making them top 5 universally?

Anyone in GYERO interested in seeing full Facebook MLM crazy on display check out LuLaRich on Amazon Prime.

We’ll discuss it on SAECATFAN’s next podcast.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
-I know I’m an oulde around here but I couldn’t name one Snoop track. I appreciate what he’s done from afar, but that is about it. I’m also pretty sure I should have been born 20 years earlier.

-Related to my above post I realize I’m an oulde when I’m excited about the yard company coming tomorrow to aerate and over seed my lawn. The same one I yell at kids to stay off of.

-Gonna be in the house for the UT game. Meeting up with a buddy that has season tix, he’s flying in from Tampa, to catch up and head to Commonwealth. So many memories in that place, sitting together, and having out heart broken in that stadium. No doubt it will be exorcised in 2 weeks. Looking forward to a beat down of those orange clad fags from down under.

-BTW, F-UT

I predicted Zion would have a career much like Greg Oden's. Looks like that wasn't far off.

Speaking of Steely Dan and rap, here’s an interesting philosophical question:

Is “Deja Vu (Uptown Baby)” by Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz the best rap song of all-time because it samples “Black Cow” from Steely Dan throughout the entire song? Or is it the worst rap song of all time because when it starts you think you’re going to get to hear “Black Cow” only to be let down that it’s not Steely Dan?

I'm a big fan of a Congolese center who compares rebounding against him to being eaten by a lion. Dude is a Huggins transfer to boot, so I'm sure he is tougher than hell. Maybe, to Dr. Boat's chagrin, Cal was right to not go after Cockburn.

I predicted Zion would have a career much like Greg Oden's. Looks like that wasn't far off.
But 6 inches shorter, of course, in multiple ways. ::rimshot::

* Steely Dan is turrible. (Sorry pretzel.)

* The NY Times is weird, man. It is half Pravda and half the best storytelling going. Today there was an article about how scientists have dated the Viking settlement in Canada to being exactly 1,000 years old by analyzing trees at the settlement that were cut by an axe and counting tree rings back to a rare solar event that happened in 993 AD.

That is amazing -- and the Times has it buried amongst insufferable editorials that still bitch about Trump and talk about transphobic cats or whatever. 2021 is a strange time.

* Back to Cockburn (rimshot), in retrospect Cal not going after him was pretty amazing. There was an all-NCAA center out there for the taking and Cal didn't budge, seemingly because Cal has gone all in on a 4 out offensive philosophy.

That's the innovative Cal that came to Kentucky, not the fat and stubborn Cal that would stick 3 bigs on the floor years after it was obvious that was a bad strategy and just hoped to out-talent opponents.

Swaggy Cal and Ornery Piglet. Maybe 2021 is pretty awesome after all.

Last edited:
Lol, sold a Zion rookie card for $100,000 a few months ago.

Zion has already made an all-star game and averaged 27 PPG in his second year. He’s talented but lazy it appears.

Greg Oden had microfracture surgery before he set foot on the NBA court, and averaged around 8 PPG game for two seasons. Then he fractured his left patella and didn’t play again for four years.

Zion may be a fat but he’s no Greg Oden.

Reactions: jayroon
* The NY Times is weird, man. It is half Pravda and half the best storytelling going. Today there was an article about how scientists have dated the Viking settlement in Canada to being exactly 1,000 years old by analyzing trees at the settlement that were cut by an axe and counting tree rings back to a rare solar event that happened in 993 AD.

-yep, my people were the og "discoverers" of the new world. Columbus and Vespucci were frauds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT