ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if you will a place where you could do a search on the intraweb and find this information...

2017 = 2.37%
2018 = 2.93%
2019 = 2.16%
2020 = -3.5%

Which of these booming economic years do you remember the most fondly, Wayne?

Anyone who includes 2020 in any economic stats as a way to support their position needs to be violated by a derby winner.

Reactions: drxman1
Well I included it in response to a statement about the past “four years.”

2020 was, in fact.

(feel free to check my work on that)

Reactions: 80 Proof
Top 5 Counting Crows Songs:

1. Anna Begins
2. Sullivan Street
3. Holiday in Spain
4. Amy Hit the Atmosphere
5. Recovering Satellites

Gotta have “Angels of the Silences”. Not an option.

…. and Gary Sheffield.

Many thanks again to the schems and Pti for my care packages. Much better than thoughts and prayers imo:) Lucky for me when my time to serve came it wasn’t in the mustard trenches of WWI or storming the beach at Normandy.

Don't forget about the meme SAE posted that one Memorial Day.

I have a pledge brother that drove tanks in Iraq. I've participated in care packages, rob. Thanks.

The absolute derangement of Anthony suggesting only southern whites fight care enough to fight for this country is completely pathetic. Shameful, actually. Get a grip.

Reactions: jcrow10 and wcc31
Top 5 Favorite Batting Stances from Youth

1. Eric Davis
2. Will Clark
3. Wally Backman
4. Albert Belle
5. Dave Justice

1. Anna Begins
2. Sullivan Street
3. Holiday in Spain
5. Recovering Satellites
-No Andre (The Hawk) Dawson? That dude was the MAN. That stance is all I used in little league, my coaches hated it.

-My new pup Buster took his first scoot scoot today. Didn’t want to get on at first but once we were settled in and cruising he loved it. Just held his head out to the side like a dog in a car with the window down. Pretty proud of him, KW official now.

Exciting soccer last night- the highlight probably being when a Mexican fan breached access to the CBS set and then apparently lept over the railing to his likely demise. Bunch of pros on set just kept it moving. This also after one of the American commentators threatened to choke the Mexican lady in the booth with them.

Those folk are genetically enhanced to jump over walls and land flawlessly 20 feet below. No prob.

I have a pledge brother that drove tanks in Iraq. I've participated in care packages, rob. Thanks.

The absolute derangement of Anthony suggesting only southern whites fight care enough to fight for this country is completely pathetic. Shameful, actually. Get a grip.
Still in your head 5 hours later. I also didn't suggest that at all, but that's 2 quotes you've taken out of context already this morning, and pretty typical for you woke-bros. What's really funny is I have no idea what Q actually is... but you and chad supported BLM so deeply you put a sign in your yard. So tell me who's falling fast?

Per population, the following states are the most overrepresented in the military:
  • South Carolina
  • Alabama
  • Georgia
  • Virginia
  • Florida
The least represented states are:
  • North Dakota
  • Vermont
  • New York
  • Rhode Island
  • Massachusetts
  • New Jersey
  • Iowa
  • Minnesota
  • South Dakota
  • Utah

From a race perspective (and comparing it to the labor force), the Army is overrepresented by Black people, the Marine Corp is underrepresented by black people but overrepresented by Hispanics. The Coast Guard is overrepresented by white people. The Navy is overrepresented by black women and gays (kidding, no statistics on the gays).

So, in conclusion:
  • Anth is correct on Southerners
  • SAE is correct on minorities
  • Mormons and Yankees hate America

I said, "southern youth." Go look it up, haven't edited it.

I didn't say a thing about race. That was good old "facts are optional" Brooks. I'm very aware of who makes up our military but thanks for the breakdown, WW.

Last edited:
Reactions: drxman1
I said, "southern youth." Go look it up, haven't edited it.

I didn't say a thing about race. The was good old "facts are optional" Brooks. I'm very aware of who makes up our military but thanks for the breakdown, WW.
I would have thought the Dakotas were very big into the military, but no.

By the way, DC has by far the lowest ration of enlisted recruits to civilians aged 18-24. And some of you want to make that cesspool a state. Sad!

Imagine if you will a place where you could do a search on the intraweb and find this information...

2017 = 2.37%
2018 = 2.93%
2019 = 2.16%
2020 = -3.5%

Which of these booming economic years do you remember the most fondly, Wayne?
Real GDP, which I believe you're sighting, is considered healthy anywhere between 2-3%. We've only topped that number once since 2000, in '04.

Those numbers you posted are right in line with how we've been most of our adult lives save a 5 year run during the tech boom and when Reagan pulled us out of the Carter debacle.

OTOH, cost of goods is already jumping...inflation has awoken from hibernation, energy and fuel prices are up 70% since the start of the year and a once stable commodities market is now derailed, as anyone who relies on materials in here can attest to.

Net/net, same as it ever was until the pandemic hit, now everything is jacked up.

Read an article from The Athletic the other day regarding whether Coach K is the greatest college basketball coach of all-time. And believe it or not, there was a good bit of controversy from the writer panel. Yes, some believe Pat Summit is GOAT, or Auriema. smh

I just saw a tweet where Pro Football Focus has Rodriguez and Kinnard rated as the top 2 players returning in the SEC. If we add that LB from Ole Miss, then I really don't see any holes on this team. I know a QB needs to emerge, but with Coen at the helm, I'm confident that will happen. Only 3 months away.

Will Levis as our starting QB is becoming more likely with each passing day, and I'm not sure what to think about that. If that's the case, we're running the ball, controlling the clock, and only throwing when we absolutely have to. This may sound familiar.

Reactions: CAT Scratch FVR
Top 5 Favorite Batting Stances from Youth

1. Eric Davis
2. Will Clark
3. Wally Backman
4. Albert Belle
5. Dave Justice

1. Anna Begins
2. Sullivan Street
3. Holiday in Spain
5. Recovering Satellites
I’d have to put Perfect Blue Buildings and Rain King on there somewhere.

Nirvana Nevermind always feels like the beginning of the 90’s grunge/ alternative music movement to me and Weezers Blue album always feels like the end. Don’t know why just the moods those records put me in

-really looking forward to Highlands, NC later this week. Enjoyed Sanibel...but the mountains feed my soul.
Highlands is one of my favorite spots- was negotiating a lot purchase on Cashiers that fell through- but I had a nice little pipe dream of building something small there. Maybe one day.

Reactions: tfields01
I'm expecting Gatewood to be the starting QB, and if Levis beats him out then I'll be even more excited.

Gatewood looked much improved in the spring. He's a great athlete with a big arm of his own. He also reportedly showed great leadership and control in the huddle.

Levis isn't as athletic but has the bigger arm. The knock on his game has been accuracy. He spent the spring working with a highly regarded throwing coach so hopefully it pays off.

Either way, we're going to throw the ball better this year. That's why Coen is the OC now. Dont be surprised if Rodriguez has a tougher time though. The outside zone blocking from the Oline makes it easier to run outside than in the box.

Will Levis as our starting QB is becoming more likely with each passing day, and I'm not sure what to think about that. If that's the case, we're running the ball, controlling the clock, and only throwing when we absolutely have to. This may sound familiar.

What a dumbass take.

If Levis wins the starting job out of this group, that can only be considered good news considering our OC's + his Cannon of an arm.

Catching up on GYERO over the weekend and wanted to highlight a few GEMS that caught my eye :

Poster talking about his grandfather and says "his wife (my grandmother)" Really ? Would have never figured out the relation to you of your grandfather's wife.

"replace Missouri and Arkansas with Duke and UNC" No problem, sure they would be all for it. Hell throw Vandy out with them, and add Duke, UNC, Louisville. I mean I am sure those teams would love competing with the SEC in football, their AD would not even think about the football teams of those conferences. If that idea falls thru, just go get Baylor, Texas, and Oklahoma. Easy peasy.

"Chad Johnson looked good." Well other than the time (most of the 2nd,3rd, and 4th rounds) when he was running around the ring, throwing wild, looping punches while leaning back / ducking. And other than getting absolutely starched with a crushing right and sprawling out on the canvas looking like a GD crab crawling across the beach. If by impressed with his footwork you mean him running around the ring from his opponent, and throwing punches with his feet spread apart, he did look good. He had good stamina at first, but with all of the running he did for the last 2.5 rounds, he was gassed and his legs looked like jello at the end of the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT