ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Memphis is a hotbed for basketball recruits. Got it.
And courts designed by noted Memphis native Dylan

american-vandal-netflix.jpg

If true, that maybe the coolest thing I have seen on GYERO.
That is not very true. But, when I was in NY, my friend was a comedy producer and I would go to a couple of shows a week. I would always go to a Sunday Night show at Union Hall in Brooklyn. My friend would let me in before the shows and I would just hang out with all of those guys in the room at the little bar and shoot the shit before the crowd came in - and I would not explicitly mention that I was not a comedian. I used to sit in the second row, dead center, every week for years at that show and he did it a lot. Last year, we one of his shows up here and afterwards, in the meet and greet, we talked a bit about the NY days and our eventual transitions out of NY life and parenthood.

He was just happy to talk to anyone not wearing cargo shorts and shox, IIRC

I always felt like the cargo shorts with tassels or strings or whatever hanging off the bottoms really added a contextual element to the whole getup.

The best thing about cargo shorts was going to a movie wearing them. You could essentially sneak in a full meal. There was more than one occasion I brought in a burger and fries in my pockets.

The best thing about cargo shorts was going to a movie wearing them. You could essentially sneak in a full meal. There was more than one occasion I brought in a burger and fries in my pockets.
I go to weeknight movies by myself in Wilder on occasion - usually the winter - and I fill up coats like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man, buy a drink, and saunter on in. They don’t even take tickets - they just assume that you bought it online. It’s like having your own theater and I can’t figure it out. Drug front, maybe?!?!?

I go to weeknight movies by myself in Wilder on occasion - usually the winter - and I fill up coats like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man, buy a drink, and saunter on in. They don’t even take tickets - they just assume that you bought it online. It’s like having your own theater and I can’t figure it out. Drug front, maybe?!?!?
BIG fan of the Wilder theater over here.

A real hidden treasure of the Tri-State area imo

-Saw Dear Evan Hansen at Kentucky Center last night (props to super lurker on the seats). Great show & soundtrack, although I thought it limped home just a tad. Equal parts funny & sad. Super cool set.

That place (concourses, etc) is a mess right now, btw -- under complete renovation.

Milkwood for dinner before, which was marginal-to-bad. Loved that place last time...Ed Lee moving away or just one of those nights? Dunno, but doubt we'll be back.

-Also saw Downton Abbey movie last week w/ the lass. It was ok, but made me really miss that show. It was the upset of the decade that I loved it, but it's easily Top 10 for me, maybe Top 5. Props to SAE for nudging me into that one.

-Lazy Fall Football weekend ahead, couldn't be better time. :pray: Bonfire and a few browns tonight to kick it all off.

-So I guess it's now confirmed this was the "new move" Harden has been teasing all summer? [eyeroll][sick]

Last edited:
So BBdK loves Downton Abbey, 48 Hour murder shows, and follows NBA drama-twitter like some cock-drunk groupie?

Maybe God gave him the vagina he richly desires rather than a second asshole.

Reactions: drxman1 and wcc31
Does Lady Mary die in a zeppelin accident like the whole show was leading up to or am I gonna leave the (Wilder) theater P I S S E D?!?

~If anyone here has a 2015 Q5 and needs a set of luggage bars, holler.

~ Cameron Champ’s win last week w/ his ailing grandfather nearby was an awesome story. The 25 and under talent on tour is just ridiculous.

~Phil Collins next week at Yum…he can’t walk, but he can still sing and the reviews/vids have been solid. His son can hit the skins like his pop could. Hate seeing the icons get old.

~John Wick 3 is 7/10…more of the same, but didn’t hit as hard as 1 and 2 in the wow factor.

~Big boy politics is an ugly game…no idea why anyone would want to get into that in this day and age, regardless of the party affiliation. There may be “better” candidates in regards to principles and morals, however, that would get you crushed in this era. Old days you are winning…not now.

~~MLB playoffs; 2A; NFL; Keeneland…..recliner and Bovada all weekend.

-Saw Dear Evan Hansen at Kentucky Center last night (props to super lurker on the seats). Great show & soundtrack, although I thought it limped home just a tad. Equal parts funny & sad. Super cool set.

That place (concourses, etc) is a mess right now, btw -- under complete renovation.

Milkwood for dinner before, which was marginal-to-bad. Loved that place last time...Ed Lee moving away or just one of those nights? Dunno, but doubt we'll be back.

Saw the show last night too. Lived up to the considerable hype for the most part, although it was probably about 10 or 15 minutes too long for my liking.

Also ate at Milkwood beforehand, and you're right - something is definitely off. They did comp my 2nd drink that was served with the check, doh.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
~Big boy politics is an ugly game…no idea why anyone would want to get into that in this day and age, regardless of the party affiliation. There may be “better” candidates in regards to principles and morals, however, that would get you crushed in this era. Old days you are winning…not now

You have no idea what you are talking about, per usual.

It's always been ugly, always had people of higher moral fiber losing out...always. Sure Trump is more boisterous than most, but there was just as much shit slinging as the Clinton days 20 years ago.

You have no idea what you are talking about, per usual.

It's always been ugly, always had people of higher moral fiber losing out...always. Sure Trump is more boisterous than most, but there was just as much shit slinging as the Clinton days 20 years ago.

It was nothing like it is now...not even close. Bill Clinton started the change, however, even he avoided the hate filled talk of today. And it is more than Trump and the candidates from the left.....it is predominantly those in the house/senate and the media on both sides.

Really wish UKO would get back to his old routine that we all hated as opposed to this somehow worse schtick of political observations that can be dismissed out of pocket solely because of who's providing them.

As for the ugliness, as a private citizen I much prefer the days when politicians actually cared enough to beat the sh*t out of each other with a cane as opposed to the modern tradition of pearl-clutching publicly and then selling out to the highest bidder while taking zero action outside of doing what's expected and being a good team player. A few pistol duels would do a lot to clear out a few of the mediocre sackless worms in D.C.

Reactions: warrior_SW
Sitting at my bastment bar, kicking back some Old Forrester, watching playoff baseball. Wife not home, kids upstairs. Can life get better? I submit to you it cannot.

Waiting on Braves implosion. Again. Playoffs expose weaknesses. Last night was a great example.

DocBoat with some pretty sweet snaps in Washington. Would love to take that tour.

Deciding on what to do tomorrow. It's been a rough 4 week run of drunken Saturdays. Need to chill.
#changemymind

August wedding for me too. Getting it out there in case there were questions.

Have a house next door for sale. Come be my neighbor. Oh...and another 10 or so down the road. Close to a Catholic church for Sunday forgiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT