ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s 2019, if you think streaming cable is “too hard” that’s more indicative of you than the product.

It's not that it is "too hard" it is that it an unnecessary pain in the dick when cable works without overthinking it and having to link up a bunch of different effing boxes and watch youtube tutorials when you can just pay $150 a month and watch some football and basketball without an FAQ.

Is haggling with with cable/satellite providers no longer a thing? I called to cancel DirecTV last year when my prices went up. They upgraded my internet and lowered my bill from $130 to $75.

Roku's are simple. I just can't stand watching live sports on a 30-90 second delay.

Not having the SEC alt channel was my only gripe, and that’s a once in a blue moon slight inconvenience. The unlimited DVR, ability to watch anywhere from my phone or iPad, and having different users for each family member far, far outweighed that slight inconvenience. But you olds enjoy overpaying for an inferior product.

It’s not too hard. It’s I’m 40 years old and I don’t want to deal with that shit when it comes to watching live sports on television. To me there’s value with paying a little more to have a full cable package.

Reactions: Hankshaker
I still don't get what "shit" everyone had to deal with. Open espn stream and click on UK vs EMU? How is that different from typing in a channel number or scrolling through the channel guide? Have you not watched a game watchespn prior to this? We've watched several while traveling.

I'm learning Rich up this Saturday on the complex workings of a roku.

A bit jealous I can't multiscreen. Cool feature.

Also, since I’m a cable subscriber I can stream all of the ESPN channels on any device along with HBO programming and Showtime and the AT&T U-verse APPPPP allows you to stream a good portion of whatever is being shown live on a certain number channels.

All of this plus interwebs for 115. Crazy stuff.

Roku's are simple. I just can't stand watching live sports on a 30-90 second delay.
Watching on the ESPN ap yesterday there was a noticeable delay. Watching it on YouTubetv the week before I didn't notice a delay at all.

The only thing I'm jealous of is that richie can get internet/cable for 115 a month assuming they aren't going to jack the price in a year.

THATS OK. THERES AN APP YOU CAN DOWNLOAD FOR THE ROKUS THAT WILL ELIMINATE ABOUT 5 SECONDS OF THE DELAY. THERES ANOTHER APP IF YOU LIKE BEING ON TWITTER DURING GAMES THAT ALLOWS TO SYNC IN WITH YOUR TWITTER ACCOUNT DELAYING TWEETS.

I THINK YOU CAN MULTI-SCREEN ON YOUTUBE TV BUT IF GAME IS ON CBS OR NBC YOU MUST SWITCH OUT OF HDMI 1 AND GET MINI RABBIT EARS OUT TO PICK UP SIGNAL. DURING TIMEOUT REVERSE BACK. YOU MAY MISS A COUPLE OF MINUTES OF ACTION PLUS 30 SECOND DELAY.

Honestly no clue what you’re talking about Richie, it’s not that hard. Get a set top box with a fire stick that’s Kodi compatible - this is done with at least a 650 gigawatt TCP/IP internet connection. I would recommend an S-cable to not throttle lag time especially if you want to prevent a delay - it’s a snap! Now with YouTube TV it’s even more of a breeze as you can run both a streaming app the same time youre running your kodi stream on your fire stick through your HDMI connection. This way with one touch of your finger on your alt remote or by chrome cast through your smart tv streaming app you can watch multiple games on one screen - what a breeze!

Make sure you are using the right app control to allow yourself to listen to the right game however - as the lag time can cause the audio to not time correctly especially if you are running another program on the computer or smart phone - I find it best to avoid this by managing the login under certain individuals to avoid a backlog of the processor - especially when I’m upstairs as I would use a signal amplifier to make sure the buffering doesn’t become a hinderance. With this setup I’m able to save up to nearly 20 dollars a month, and my wife, small children, and in-laws when they babysit definitely love the simplicity and incredible savings!

Also krazykats told us he spends as much in Olive Garden as you guys on expensive cable, so keep that in mind.

If Richie really is paying $115 for all of that stuff and it’s not part of some short term deal then he needs to hook up the other Louisville GYERO’ers because that’s a hell of a deal.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Think I have the same deal as Richie (ATT 300), also came with a $100 gift card for signing up - its good for a year then I'm going to call and 'cancel' in order to renew. Supposedly they just turned the fiber lines on in my area which is why they were giving it out so if you are in Louisville its worth a shot calling them if you are interested.

* So is there absolutely any chance that Terry Touchdown is *NOT* out of the year with an ACL or MCL tear? I mean, it is zero, right, and there is no reason to even have a glimmer of hope to the contrary, right? Just waiting on the swelling to go down and get the MRI results to confirm, right?

* http://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...sponds-to-michael-avenattis-nike-allegations/

If John Calipari ends up getting deposed by Michael Avenatti, I want video. While we really do not want any involvement in that suit, John Calipari will absolutely throw zingers right back if he gets deposed by some grandstanding prick. He just can't help himself.

Plus Calipari is already starting to use this as an opportunity to spin it as NCAA hypocrisy. So we shall see.

I’m rolling my eyes because he agrees with Richie and all of that was fake.

Here’s how to watch streaming cable:

1. Turn of TV
2. Open App
3. Pick a channel from a guide that looks exactly like a cable guide.

If you bought a TV within the last 4 or 5 years it takes the exact same effort to watch something on your cable box.

philco51PT1207r2.jpg

Where does the app go?

/clown

Last edited:
This is your friendly reminder to all Bengals fans that this isn't going to work out and it's time right now to turn off the tv.

Reactions: warrior_SW
8 minutes at 400 in the oven, 20-25 minutes on a grill at 350-400. Plenty of cook time. That said it could absolutely be fault, it was my first time not paying $1.25 per wing at restaurant.

No signs of the salmonella at least.

Titans looked good today, glad to be going to the game next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT