ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Katina Powell, Hooker. Glorious.

-She deserves a nice place in a cold cell for subjecting her kids to that. Granted I don't seeing it happening. Can't imagine UL would want that.

-Aging hooker, old timer journalist, accomplished lawyer publisher. Yeah, the typical UL good old boys Will Ferrell character network isn't going to intimidate this crew. I don't think jail time scares this hussy.

These are 7th street whores. $450 a party plus tickets and it sounds like a couple of them enjoyed being there or liked a couple of the players.

$450 on 7th street will probably get you anything you want with any number of girls. We're not talking about Heidi Fleiss here. These are one step above crack whores.

UL getting no help from the media... all of them out for recognition. Even their beat writer not doing any favors. Had to expect the first time Tomma and HOFCRP lost their upper hand they'd all flee the ship.

Also, he's absolutely right. So is Rick. Other people knew. He better quit saying that shit. Someone set up the Blakeney visit. That's what's going to take this up.

Love that they help a bunch back to not show their total hand. UL better be careful how hard they go. No telling what those phone records have or who that other person is.

-Enjoyed the extravaganza, thanks to the shems as always. The lass and I are such amateurs anymore. We were just so happy to be out and kidless...we were bouncing around excited, the prevailing vibe of most everyone else was "let's get this shitty game out of the way I guess I'll have a beer." Not to say everyone wasn't awesome, because they were, but following such an intense start to the season, the opponent and crap weather...that's what you get. Wish I could make it next Thursday, that tailgate will be off the fleek!

-The most pregame buzz obviously came from the UL news. Richie was particularly gleeful...like his brain was moving too fast to process all the delicious angles of the story.

-That game was so close to total disaster, erasing the momentum Stoops has built and the glee of the UL dumpster fire that I don't even particularly want to acknowledge it happened. Like a near death experience that I'm just not ready to relive.

-Had to visit the UL boards today, those people have no shame. I feel like if this was going on at UK a large contingent of our fans would be calling for heads to roll...not there, the comments are largely aimed at discrediting the "whore" and downplaying the entire story. That shouldn't surprise me given the track record of that place but like Jones keeps saying "where is the breaking point?"

-Nice to have the Bill Simmons pod back. I know some of you hate him but I enjoy most of his stuff especially during NBA season. Plus, ESPN keeps killing all my other shows...removing SVP and replacing him with Kanell? Nice way for the four letter to waste one of its best talents (Russillo) by flanking him with an exjock version of Greenie.

Reactions: BleedBlueCats21
Yeah, people thinking she will be scared of TOMMA (or anyone else) are severely underestimating a life of dealing with pimps that would beat/kill her without flinching.

There isn't a veteran (living) hooker anywhere that hasn't had her ass beat up and down multiple times, and probably escaped death as well.

Learn wodie documentaries.

Last edited:
...and I didn't realize the Pulitzer work was from Police corruption in the 70's. Mercy I bet that was sketchy. Even got him a nice police bribery charge. Yeah, the strong hand of Tomma won't carry much weight.

^ exactly. It's like the old dude's swan song. He clearly likes (loves) his position, knows more about the 'evidence' than anyone, and doesn't give two shits about anyone who wants to challenge.

Pretty awesome.

Yeah, people thinking she will be scared of TOMMA (or anyone else) are severely underestimating a life of dealing with pimps that would beat/kill her without flinching.

There isn't a veteran (living) hooker anywhere that hasn't had her ass beat up and down multiple times, and probably escaped death as well.

Learn wodie documentaries.
Not to mention, trying to discredit her or even get her charged with a crime would be like tossing Brer Rabbit in the briar patch. ANY attempt to continue talking about her extends her free pub...a possible trial with sworn testimony, like others have mentioned, would be GOLD JERRY, GOLD!

Reactions: BigBlueBrock
^ exactly. It's like the old dude's swan song. He clearly likes (loves) his position, knows more about the 'evidence' than anyone, and doesn't give two shits about anyone who wants to challenge.

Pretty awesome.

I don't think it's an accident that the very last page of the book is the NCAA rule on lack of institutional control. He didn't write this for the hell of it. He wrote it to destroy UofL and maybe win another Pulitzer before he retires.

There is going to be a smoking gun to come out of this whether it's a recruit that went somewhere else (Blakney, Ja'quin) that will cooperate with NCAA in order to keep their eligibility (if only for a year), a former player that hates Rick (Chain, Charachter), or a staffer trying to save their own ass....

I don't envy those folks. Can't imagine what I'd be doing if it was us. Probably somewhere along the lines of Vanetti. I mean ANYTHING other than another sex related incident. Covering up a drug test, drugs of any kind, a tutor taking test for athletes, some impermissible benefits, an over aggressive scorned agent. Anything but something related to sex and they're probably ok. Well at least Pitino is probably ok. I might change my answer about him being back next season.

I bet the UL brass has already back channeled CHANE..."don't do anything stupid big fella, we've always loved you. Need some weed,eh, living expenses?"

He is just the type of guy that I could see just saying "eff it" and going buck wild on the whole operation. Then again, he's got a lot of Maurice Clarett to him as well...

John Ramsey is incredible.

He's more pathetic than every other local UofL homer combined I think, which is pretty amazing. I mean, Howie, Mike, and the gang actually seem pretty decent (they aren't, but still) in comparison. o_O

Some dude on DraftKings needed a Seattle D TO to clinch 1 Million...but dude knocked it out of the back of the endzone instead for a touchback.

...and it bounced up perfectly into his hands if he wanted it.

Smart play, but Wow. :weary:

Edit: He apparently won an extra 1,050,000 if DET doesn't score again. [laughing]

Edit2: He just won 1.2 million on that last second fumble....wow.

Last edited:
Been thinking about it and I think it's worth noting that Louisville has now had two sex scandals with their basketball team, and in both cases the overwhelming response from fans, and the (likely) outcome has been "Take the woman our heroes banged, and throw her in jail."

I don't want to get into rape culture and patriarchy and all that shit, but there it is.

I put $200 in for the bonus of $200 on FanDuel. Won once lost 3 times and tried to withdraw the remaining $165 and was refused because initial deposits are for "gaming".

Dead Serious!

Been thinking about it and I think it's worth noting that Louisville has now had two sex scandals with their basketball team, and in both cases the overwhelming response from fans, and the (likely) outcome has been "Take the woman our heroes banged, and throw her in jail."

I don't want to get into rape culture and patriarchy and all that shit, but there it is.
It's a legitimate point. Especially since we're not talking about some freestanding sports entity, but an entity of an institute of higher education (which generally have their own "rape culture" issues anyway). At some point the university side has to put its foot down.

I don't really want to get into all of the rape culture/patriarchy shit either, but saw a tweet in the last couple days expressing doubts that said something along the lines of "Every time something likes this pops up, I think of Duke lacrosse."

Awesome. So, based off that one case, if a college athlete is accused of sexual misconduct, bitch MUST be lying. Healthy attitude there. Remind me to stay away from Floyd St because apparently their players (and coaches) can do whatever the hell they want and half a city will line up to call you lying whore if you call them on it.

Unless he's struggling as a point guard and a headcase distraction on the team. Then we'll drop him under the bus and take the high ground.

But yeah, I've heard a lot of the culture stuff and I think that's the main narative. Even if RP didn't know, the culture and win at all costs/accepted sexual misconduct is all over that place, and it started with him.

Reactions: BristolCat
The IBJ hired Indianapolis-based Certified Fraud & Forensic Investigation to comb through Powell's phone and corroborate phone calls and text messages and match up the phone numbers she was claiming she was contacting. The firm digging through Powell's phone, Cady said, eased any concerns they had about the supposed "virus" that Powell claims in the book erased hundreds of text messages with McGee.

Asked if the firm confirmed that it was indeed McGee who was contacting Powell, Cady thumbed a stack of cellphone data records and said, "Oh, yeah." Cady declined to share the records with The Courier-Journal.

Damn so Auburn kicked Duke Williams off the team for an “off-the-field incident at a local nightclub”. Wonder what he really did.

Another high school football death, this time in Seattle. That makes 4 this season so far. An alarming trend for sure. If a high profile guy dies in the NFL or in college...can't imagine the backlash.

IMO, the equipment is too "safe" in today's game. The players don't fear getting hurt, so they fly around faster and more reckless than ever. But these guys are too protected now. The helmets are too safe. Players wear too many pads. Under Armour and Nike make body protection suits. 30 years ago, you wore a helmet, shoulder pads, and hip, thigh and knee pads. That's all you got. And the helmet sucked. So you didn't want to hit with your helmet. A lot more Rugby type tackles. Sure, there have always been injuries in the game, but I don't remember this many deaths. This argument has been made by people for a long time, but there is definitely something to it.

Per Billy Reed this morning ... IS IT POSSIBLE THAT CHANE ANNEXED ANDRE'S PHONE?! MAYBE WITH TECHNOLOGY TODAY CHANE COULDVE HACKED ANDRE & BEEN BEHIND ALL OF THIS AFTER HE WAS DISMISSED?

MAYBE?! HUH? COME ON. WE'RE GOOD? SAY YES. MEET ME AT MOLLY'S RICK & SAY IT AINT SO.

Reactions: NotchLickKat
If Reed really did say that, then Deener needs to keep him off his show. Deener is terrible, and obviously biased, but he's still a decent broadcast guy with a long career ahead of him. Reed is a washed up, alcoholic journalist on the downside of his career.

Ramsey...I don't get it with that guy. TV news guys aren't supposed to be roided up leathered meatheads.

These idiots honestly think that this entire book was a book of lies.

Now there rallying cry is why didn't Cady fork over the phone records to CJ and Jurich's investigative hired hitman.

Maybe because he want's to make money off the book he wrote, which includes those documents?

Awesome. So, based off that one case, if a college athlete is accused of sexual misconduct, bitch MUST be lying. Healthy attitude there. Remind me to stay away from Floyd St because apparently their players (and coaches) can do whatever the hell they want and half a city will line up to call you lying whore if you call them on it.
This needs to be giftwrapped and sent to Eric Crawford. I get the impression that the UL athletics department is not a great place to be a woman.

-Jerry Eaves and friends think we should just pray about. Claimed that he doesn't think UL fans understand how serious it is. Sentiment is changing up there.

-Southern Baptist Seminary in Louisville have a transgender/homosexual conference, "we don't need to repair them, we just need them to repent." :rolleyes: Way to go, Kentucky.

-My UF/MucElwain locker room take was so off I'll refrain from comment on Auburn/Williams.

- [laughing] @ the NFL. Amazing. It's like a Mega version of ULAD.

-Wow, Fan Duel and Draft Kings under scrutiny. That was even faster than I thought.

Ramsey is obviously the worst in a long line of dorks over there, but guys like UofLSherrif (mercy, what a name) and RU4UofL are almost like made up characters. Like not real people at all and UK fans created their online presence as a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT