ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just chaps my ass after everything Obama did for the American auto parts industry. These Japanophiles are some F'd up people.

This hurricane evacuation sucks balls. Sister in law left Miami this morning and hasn't even made it to Gainesville. Doesn't have anywhere to stay. Interstate is a parking lot.

I reset all shirts/pants/sweaters/polos at once every few years and donate the old ones. Almost everything is Japanese.

I do no American-made European carryalls.

Outrageous, Chad.

Perhaps a little hyperbole but I love Lawrence and have some songs to make my case:

Alibis
Texas Tornado
Paint Me a Birmingham
Sticks and Stones
Stars Over Texas
I See It Now
Time Marches On

Every August I get so giddy watching "Hard Knocks" and "Last Chance U" only to realize a few weeks later when football really starts how pathetic August wcc is.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
This hurricane evacuation sucks balls. Sister in law left Miami this morning and hasn't even made it to Gainesville. Doesn't have anywhere to stay. Interstate is a parking lot.

It's a mess. My Grandfather in Tampa said the groceries have been sold out for days, there is no gas anywhere close, people are running out of gas on the interstate and sleeping in their cars, etc.

My sister in law turned around last night and went back home. Couldn't deal with the traffic and chaos anymore. We'll see.

:confused:

We're riding it out. Not in an evac zone and short of us being told to GTFO, which we'll absolutely do and are prepared to do, I think we're in a decent spot to take what comes and I'm expecting to be needed to help others as I would expect of any able-bodied person.

I get that everyone has an opinion but giving up your home is easier said than done. Granted I'm in north FL and if Irma runs up the spine, we'll be alright. The worst case scenario for Jax is if she goes up the east coast and even still, that will weaken her to Cat 3 or 2.

If you're in S Fl and staying, much bigger gamble. My coworker spent a month in a shelter after Andrew and he didn't think twice about leaving for Irma.

Just talked to my buddy in Atlanta who said it's been non-stop gridlock. 75N is looks like a parking lot according to Google maps.

I can't let the Nashville bashing that took place earlier stand. Did Louisville or Cincy make the final cut for Amazon's 2nd HQ? Didn't think so.

Nashville didn't either dummy, no city has. I'm sure you got that info from some main board insider, but Nashville and about 20 other cities have publicly stated they have submitted bids at this point, I am sure many more will follow.

Reactions: MaxPowerrr
I was referring more to the lady they interviewed ina trailer park who said Irma was fake news and she was staying.

I wasn't directing anything at you, Maximus. There are absolutely some that are scoffing at the severity of this storm. I'm actually happy to see that most folks that are told to leave are doing so. I hope anyone that appears to be in a direct path that has decided to stay changes their minds but it's inevitable some people will refuse.

-Unless you're in a trailer park, flood zone, on the coast where the eye is landing or have small children I doubt I'd be leaving. People in the Keys should absolutely gtfo. Hunker down, make sure you have a flooding escape route and have a hurricane party.

-Harvey was an outlier, dumping 50 inches of rain.

I mean, I had some great hurricane parties.

But there was nothing like Irma coming at us.

Perhaps a little hyperbole but I love Lawrence and have some songs to make my case:

Alibis
Texas Tornado
Paint Me a Birmingham
Sticks and Stones
Stars Over Texas
I See It Now
Time Marches On

Anybody who list "Time Marches on" and omits "Todays Lonely Fool" as Tracy Lawrence's great songs, well i have to question their sincerity.

"Somebody Paints the Wall" is his best song, TMFS.

My mom's place is probably toast. No way it survives a bad hit. She knew the risk when she bought it...but still kind of a helpless feeling. She's right next to a canal/waterway and just 2 miles from the coast. Modular. All we can do is hope for the best.

:(

Last edited:
I wasn't directing anything at you, Maximus. There are absolutely some that are scoffing at the severity of this storm. I'm actually happy to see that most folks that are told to leave are doing so. I hope anyone that appears to be in a direct path that has decided to stay changes their minds but it's inevitable some people will refuse.
Just wanted to say I still consider you a Wildcat Friend.

Reactions: catlanta33
-Florida is a great place to visit.

-Friday mornings are markedly better during football season. Anticipation of a football weekend is tough to deny.

-This 1-2-3 Magic book about child-rearing is interesting. Nice to know I am not a terrible father, and everything I have done to date wrong is natural/correctable. Lass sure appreciates it.

-Best money/personal finance periodical?

-Going to get up early and smoke something tomorrow on the BGE.

-As much as I agree with all that's been said regarding the lackluster season ticket sales, if I've learned anything seling real estate it's that everything is a function of price. UK football is just way beyond the comfort level people have with dropping/investing in it.

-Leave for the cape next Wednesday. Four couples. Friend's family house on the beach. Can't wait.

-UK 38, EKU 7

Last edited:
I continue to buy my season ticket out of habit. There's really no other reason to do so.

And this will probably be the last season I do because my kids are always playing some kind of sport every weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: blue23 and rudd1
Yeah, I mean other than loyalty or reserving specific seats why would you? I can't get rid of a parking pass for the first Saturday game with PERFECT weather. I bet you can walk up and either get free lowers of <$10.

Not a periodical, but the Bogleheads wiki is an absolute insane amount of information. As is their message board forum.

HURRICANES AND SUCH:

-Been there over 5 years now and finally The Keys are expected to take a full force hurricane. Bound to happen at some point. It had been 95 years since the last and there's still time.

-Really worried about my friends that stuck it out down there. I asked a couple of them who they're trying to impress and get out. A lot of them are really regretting their choice now.

@catlanta33 I agree with you that I'd like to be there to help out. Just think it's going to be such a mess right now that anyone that's not emergency personnel are going to be in the way.

-The flooding and power outages are expected and fine. I'm just worried about losing a bridge. If that happens I'll be retired for a couple months.

-Had a hurricane party for Isaac a few years back but that was like a long, bad, stormy day. People thinking this is going to be fun after the party have lost their mind. They could be there for a week or more without anything.

-Still riding it out in Tampa for the time being, although projections don't look good and we are on the water. Generator and a 25G gas caddy full with tons of food and water. Ready to move whenever need be but touch that traffic.

-Without question, losing phone communication in Florida is a scary thought right now for anyone. But it was entertaining that all day long people were social media(-ing) about this Zello app that we all needed for when power went out and towers went down and here's how to contact me. It turned your phone into a walker-talkie.

This app turned your phone into a walkie-talkie without wifi or cell service...

* Not a periodical, but this is a must read...

millionaire-next-door-400x612.jpg

Personal finance, and becoming wealthy, is long, slow, diligent, boring, consistent effort. Good reminder for some of these idiot day traders on here.

Like with many other things, there's really no reason to complicate things. This book is the great reminder of just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT