ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be good:
9780813175201.jpg

In Forty Minutes to Glory, Doug Brunk presents an inside account of this celebrated squad and their championship season from summer pick-up games to the net-cutting ceremony in St. Louis. Brunk interviewed every surviving player, coach, and student manager from the 1977–1978 team and he shares unbelievable tales, such as how James Lee’s father talked him out of quitting. Brunk also reveals heart-wrenching moments, recounting the time when Jay Shidler traveled 150 miles to visit his seriously ill mother on the eve of the national semifinals game against Arkansas and how Scott Courts coped with his father’s death just days before the championship game against Duke.

Published to coincide with the fortieth anniversary of the national championship victory, Forty Minutes to Glory invites the Big Blue Nation to relive a special season. Featuring chapters by Jack Givens and Coach Hall, this engaging book is a fitting tribute to one of the most talented and determined teams ever to compete on the hardwood.

What is a death pen? Is that like an epi pen but with propofol?
Apparently some guy used his death pen to stab his lover's eyes out a couple days ago here.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article167157472.html

It actually feels good to have a personality that isn't offended by anything other than SJW being offended by everything so they can FINALLY belong to something.
I was told on FB today by a "trans-person(?)" that's not your personality, it's the definition of your white privilege. Sorry Bern.

This should be good:
9780813175201.jpg

In Forty Minutes to Glory, Doug Brunk presents an inside account of this celebrated squad and their championship season from summer pick-up games to the net-cutting ceremony in St. Louis. Brunk interviewed every surviving player, coach, and student manager from the 1977–1978 team and he shares unbelievable tales, such as how James Lee’s father talked him out of quitting. Brunk also reveals heart-wrenching moments, recounting the time when Jay Shidler traveled 150 miles to visit his seriously ill mother on the eve of the national semifinals game against Arkansas and how Scott Courts coped with his father’s death just days before the championship game against Duke.

Published to coincide with the fortieth anniversary of the national championship victory, Forty Minutes to Glory invites the Big Blue Nation to relive a special season. Featuring chapters by Jack Givens and Coach Hall, this engaging book is a fitting tribute to one of the most talented and determined teams ever to compete on the hardwood.

That guy on the cover reminds me of Goose Gibbons.

Reactions: cawoodsct
Well, this has been a fun day.

Woke up and got a little work done this morning while sipping espresso at Victora:

http://www.aspenespresso.com/

Then headed out to the Snowmass Club.

http://www.snowmassclub.com/

On Saturday, I bumped into my favorite yoga instructor from my home gym who lives out here now, and was treated to a private 2-hour workout, then a complimentary lunch, and also took in another hour or so doing the steam/hot tub/cold soak trifecta.

Currently relaxing post-gym having an afternoon java and catching up on emails.

Oh, and F you, UKO.

Could use a tactical pen or two.

Drive by shooting at my local Kroger last Saturday night. About half mile from my house. 18 shots at a dude in a car, somehow he lived and now won't cooperate with police.

That's 3 shootings within a few blocks of my house in the 6 weeks I've lived here. Lot of charm and character here in gentrified Nashville.

Could use a tactical pen or two.

Drive by shooting at my local Kroger last Saturday night. About half mile from my house. 18 shots at a dude in a car, somehow he lived and now won't cooperate with police.

That's 3 shootings within a few blocks of my house in the 6 weeks I've lived here. Lot of charm and character here in gentrified Nashville.

WHY WE DID THIS.

Washington and Lee University going to change it's name back to Washington College anytime soon? Good lord, talk about a firestorm. And Lee is buried on campus there.

* If you're gonna tear down racially insensitive statues, an all out mob assault truly is the way to go. It's the will of the people, if you will.

* Jared Lorenzen on Rome yesterday. It's extremely sad what's become of his health/weight situation. Obviously it's not easy to stay active/fit/healthy/etc, but when you tip the scales at 500 pounds, there's way more to it than just plain desire. It's almost as much a mental health issue as anything else. Rooting for him, big time.

* Working from Breckenridge today, for those of you keeping score at home.

* Looks like I need to come into town for the Kentucky - South Carolina game. 7:30pm tip? Yes, please.

Any of you ninjaboos got a couch for me to have intercourse on? #rightswipe

* If you ever need a good motivational pick-me-up, check out The Iron Sheik's facebook page. Good stuff. Very uplifting.

GOOD MORNING TUESDAY GO F*** YOURSELF

:joy::joy:

* Controversial take --> enough of Marla Vanhoose. Let's move on, please.

* Looks like I need to come into town for the Kentucky - South Carolina game. 7:30pm tip? Yes, please.

Any of you ninjaboos got a couch for me to have intercourse on? #rightswipe

In football it's called a kickoff.

Have a guest room, but there is a couch in the basement that might be more your speed.

Seems like we could get 1st Day of School on a little tighter or more uniform schedule.

These gd parents nowadays stretch Halloween out across 3 different weeks. Indoor schedule, outdoor schedule, weekend vs weeksdays. It's like Hannukah, or Wodie Sloot's birthday. Lasts damn near a month.

What did you expect??

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
My friends and I like to call Lexington "LexVegas" because we party so hard there.

Does LexVegas "know what's going to hit it" when you come to town? I assume the city is completely blindsided by your partying ways. Totally caught off guard, if you will.

Does LexVegas "know what's going to hit it" when you come to town? I assume the city is completely blindsided by your partying ways. Totally caught off guard, if you will.

Well, PTI, we work hard but we also play hard.

All I can say is that whatever happens in LexVegas, STAYS in LexVegas...if you know what I'm saying. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But seriously, Trump is a POS and anyone who voted for him is a moron.

Just why? You're going to put out a blinking neon beacon for every single blowhard to come and spit a bunch of nonsense.

Your take on ignoring idiots demonstrating comes double on not commenting on political candidates / officials in GYERO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Col. Angus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT