ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about going to Indy on MLK day to see AD and The Pelicans vs The Pacers.

Tickets are super reasonable. You can get midcourt club level tickets in Section 117 for 45.00. Haven't been to a NBA game since LeBron's rookie year and want to see AD play.

Wonder how many people from Kentucky make the trip to Indy each year just to watch an NBA game?

Outside of our game yesterday was a pretty awesome sports day. IU/UofL is a no win situation, but Duke and UNC losing on the same day is always special, UofL footbalk wasn't even competitive and any time the Big 10 looks like garbage on the national stage it has to help our recruiting a little.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Well guys it's been a good 12+ years, it was good meeting and posting with you daily during that time but now I have to leave because paintrain(?) thinks I'm a fly by poster and I suck.

On second thought, paintrain, you can feel free to ignore me, then kindly go f*** yourself.

Happy new year!

Thinking about going to Indy on MLK day to see AD and The Pelicans vs The Pacers.

Tickets are super reasonable. You can get midcourt club level tickets in Section 117 for 45.00. Haven't been to a NBA game since LeBron's rookie year and want to see AD play.

If you really want a good time, pony up a little over a bill per ticket (I know.. i know, that's over double the price), and sit in row 4 to 7 near one of the benches. You get access to the courtside club, and it's pretty awesome being down on the floor next to those freaks hearing all the goings on.

Edit: Never mind, courtside are only available for one section and they're over $200. This may change as it gets closer...

But yeah, 117 is a great ticket as well. Not a bad seat in the place, really. Let me know if you pull the trigger. I can hook you up with free parking.

Last edited:
Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
Hey, are you Anth from Geye-Row?

^
Never gets old. Didn't know I'd be spending my NYE 2016 with Gattongrad but fun nonetheless. Poor guy was looking for a party and this was the first year since I was >10 that I didn't see 12:01.

Did pull the BBDK and announce to his family we're buds from the Internet.

I think we can all agree 2017 is a welcome sight. 2016 sucked other than the football game.

Two plays.

1. BS field goal end of half.
2. Not converting 4th and short.

Two freaking plays.

:joy: 2 freaking plays?? UK got their asses handed to them in every single facet of the game, looked like complete dogshit and were never ever in the game after the first fumble and you say 2 freaking plays.

Shew wee. Uk football fan makes me laugh.

Reactions: buckethead1978
Arrived in Jacksonville Thursday night just in time to catch the MBB game in the hotel bar with the Schem's.

Given the results of yesterday's game, highlight of my weekend was a free round on Friday at the Stadium course @ TPC. Put both of my shots into the water in 17, but still a great way to spend a day.

IMG_20161230_175520_268.jpg

Dinner reservations last night at 8:30pm and back in the hotel room in time to catch the fireworks from our balcony.

IMG_20170101_001538_165.jpg

Love to have Boom back next year, but don't fault him in the least. Sure his dad will miss all the attention from the BBN.

Last edited:
Well guys it's been a good 12+ years, it was good meeting and posting with you daily during that time but now I have to leave because paintrain(?) thinks I'm a fly by poster and I suck.

On second thought, paintrain, you can feel free to ignore me, then kindly go f*** yourself.

Happy new year!

Never said you were a fly-by poster. Never said you couldn't hang out/tailgate with the crew. I'm sure you're an okay fella. But as far as posting goes, unless I want to know what color snap bracelets are currently in at the local high school, you are an AWFUL poster, and I was merely suggesting you just stop posting. If you'll notice, my own name is on that list, which makes me an awful poster. I alleviate that problem by keeping my posting to a minimum. Herodotus6 has conversations with himself in this thread, like its the damn D League.

:joy: 2 freaking plays?? UK got their asses handed to them in every single facet of the game, looked like complete dogshit and were never ever in the game after the first fumble and you say 2 freaking plays.

Shew wee. Uk football fan makes me laugh.

Never said we looked good or that the outcome would have been different, but if we score a TD on that 4th and short and GT doesn't get gifted a FG by the refs it would have been a 17-10 game at halftime. Second half would have at least been interesting for a while.

No NY Day bowl games bc THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE plays on Sundays. [sick]

Looks like l'll be watching a BIG10!1 basketball quadruple header on its own network.

Don't mind Clemson. Had some college friends from South Carolina that were Clemson fans. Beautiful campus and that stadium has one of the cooler setups in all of sport. It's dug into a bowl. Love the Dabo story as well.

- Didn't catch many breaks and got no help from the officials... but Ga Tech was also better than us.

- If you can't stop the fullback dive then you've got no chance against the option. Our d-tackles got handled.

- Most disappointed in the performance of the offensive line. Complete no-show.

- Best of luck to Boom but he's facing an uphill battle. He'll have to catch the ball out of the backfield and return kicks to have any chance in the NFL... two things he didn't do at UK.

Getting a little tired of seing these bandwagon Alabama "fans" on my Facebook feed who strangely have no ties to the state and root for Kentucky in basketball.

- Yep.

Reactions: Touch_Em_All
Some family was in the pool closest to us the whole time. Swimming and appearing to have a great time. Stadium was really great. It's hard to describe the city though. We called in chernobyl. There were no people in the city, was really weird.

Reactions: catlanta33
I grew up overseas until ~age 12. Dad and my maternal grandfather were huge UK fans. Grandpa would send bi-weekly packages to me with various UK articles, magazines, NBA trading cards, etc. One time, he mailed me a Cat Paw magazine that had a signature on it. I asked my dad who it was and he said "looks like Larry Vaught".

Me: Who is that?
Dad: Some guy who writes stuff about the Cats.
Me: (after a pause while flicking through Fleer Ultra pack) Is he the brother of Loy Vaught?
Dad: ...Yes. (in hindsight, a dismissive "I'm going to say anything so he'll shut up" response)

2208-677086Fr.jpg

5630e9e50ef3c.image.jpg

Twinsies.

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
It’s hard to convince players that expect to be one-and-done stars to play into a role, especially when that role is limited. Just because John Calipari makes it look easy doesn’t mean it is.

^
Solid line.

-He missed the main point. They don't have a distributor for all those wings. Glazed over it a bit with guards trying to go 1on1. They also don't have a lock down defender or one on the roster.

-Can not wait for tomorrow. Basketball season REALLY gets underway. Cats finally back in Rupp. [jumpingsmile]

-Oh crap, another day of football from 1p-12a. This is gonna SUCK.

-Time to clean up the damn diet. Holy shit I ate like a doc bob for the last 6 weeks. Looking for something to fill the running void as well.

-Back home and feel like being there for at least a couple months.

-Little man traveled like a champ. Really helps having the grandparents in tow but still a great time for him.

-Weird request but is anyone in here a travel agent or recommend one? Setting up a few employees with a trip and I don't want to be the point person for all their concerns.

Last edited:
Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
Nope, the title has already been sent to Durham.

The same guy wrote both pieces. [laughing]

Just give them the damn title.

It sounds weird saying that when the No. 1 team in the country lost, 77-75, on a neutral floor to a team that was already 0-1 on the season, but I just don’t understand how you could have watched Duke erase a double-digit second half deficit to force Frank Mason’s heroics and come away feeling any other way

Pretty shocking that Dauster, who graduated with a bachelor in economics from Vassar in 2008 and then got his big break as a part-time contributor for online Sports Illustrated in 2012 has knee-jerk takes that scream of someone that has never played sports. It really is kind of ridiculous that as a 24/25 year old he became the head college basketball writer for NBCsports.com back in 2010, but I guess not that many people are vying for those positions?

Why are most national college basketball writers sensitive nerds?

This doesn't seem like the case with college football writers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT