ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lexington had tons of strip mall bars...many of which were decent dives.

What was the name of the Place in Tates Creek Centre over in the corner behind Kroger...country bar that was jammin on Monday nights iirc?

^ the grape vine. Great place

I tried to stop in to the former fish tank for a beer on my way to catching an uber home Saturday. False, chocked full of biker gangs and Ohio looking people. Sad. /LURKgettouched

What was the name of the Place in Tates Creek Center over in the corner behind Kroger...country bar that was jammin on Monday nights iirc?

Grapevine...was a cool little spot until the brohams took over.

Couple of personal favorites:

-Malibu
-Caddyshack's
-Hemingway's
-Jungle Jim's who had Gator Bites on the old menu.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
- Fish Tank was always full of hippies, but it had some charm to it.

- My love of Austin City has been well-documented. I've never had a bad time there- during or after college. Was always a good change of pace night. Is that place still around?

Reactions: roguemocha
Fish Tank was the original spot of Lynaugh's and of course was only a door or two down from Brooking's, where Rupp would go to have his favorite bowl of chili.

821107BrookingsdpA-550x433.jpg

Just while I was at UK it was called Fish Tank, Steakfest and The Bearded Seal.

Never understood why bars didn't last longer at UK. Two Keys is the only one that's lasted the test of time

Reactions: ShootBag
My love of Austin City has been well-documented. I've never had a bad time there- during or after college. Was always a good change of pace night. Is that place still around?

I think it's still open, man...I know they had some trouble after that Marine was killed in the parking lot, but that was a couple years back.

Wasn't Thursdays was their big night?

I think it's still open, man...I know they had some trouble after that Marine was killed in the parking lot, but that was a couple years back.

Wasn't Thursdays was their big night?

Yeah, I believe so. I'll never understand why Fridays weren't bigger bar nights in Lex.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Yeah, I believe so. I'll never understand why Fridays weren't bigger bar nights in Lex.

When you could get "all you can drink" for $6.75 on a Thursday, many people didn't feel like going out on a Friday.

Friday night at the Keys was actually a good time to get something done. There was almost always a few groups of girls in there, it was much less crowded, no bar lines, open dance floor...

I enjoyed.

Reactions: wcc31
We had a mixer with a different sorority every week for Monday night football. It was glorious.

No worries needed.

That Ryder Cup article that SAE referenced earlier is now the talk of the damn tournament. Granted it was written by the brother of one of the Euro's, I'm pretty sure they achieved their intended result when a million twitter dweebs took every word to heart and started whining. Jesus, people. It was hilarious. And he hit on just about every applicable stereotype he could for the audience that wouldve been reading that.

Well played, dude. Unfortunately now his brother and Darren Clarke have to publicly disapprove of it so the American media dorks dont run with it the whole weekend.

Reactions: wcc31
Just while I was at UK it was called Fish Tank, Steakfest and The Bearded Seal.

Never understood why bars didn't last longer at UK. Two Keys is the only one that's lasted the test of time
It is currently Best Friend Bar. Has also been T Bar and #Hashtags since I've been here. I live about a tenth of a mile away and have never set foot in there. Weird place/crowd

Danny Willet is going to take a gigantic amount of shit from the fans because of his brother. Hopefully, someone yells Mashed Potatoes in his back swing and throws poop at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT