ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fast forward twelve hours...he had the same shirt on when him and a couple coke whores and his weird ass assistants strolled into Chinoe.

I drive transport for rescued dogs. Not a big deal and a small way to help. Usually I am a cog in a larger wheel, driving one leg of a long journey for anonymous dogs that have been pulled from a kill shelter and are going to a rescue where they will hopefully be adopted.
I like doing it, but I never get to see the end result.

Today was different. Today I got to drive Tank to his new family in Central City. Tank is a young Pit Bull who apparently didn't live up to expectations as a fighting dog and was thrown from a moving car. He was found by a local rescue on the side of the road in Paducah, scarred, skinned up, and broken. After much time spent healing it was discovered that Tank was sweet, loving, smart and very special. Today I delivered him to his adoptive family where Tank will change the life of a young boy. Tank is now the service dog of a little boy that has a possibly terminal heart condition. They bonded from the start.
Some days are better than others, but today was just plain awesome.

Good lord, the talent in Nashville is off the charts. Tommy, try to get a job here next. You're welcome.

Worship Norah Jones. I mean, she is unreal.

Bob's Steakhouse did not disappoint. Shew...

"I wish we would have won more."

Good God.
And yet the same supervisor who hired him, and Joker Phillips, and Mark Stoops is going to be allowed to hire (and negotiate another contract in the tens of millions) yet another major sport coach - if many get their wish & our football coach is the only one fired come this Nov/Dec.

Milk Toast makes it funny as an in joke here. If you actually wore that shirt though, you'd look like a complete f'n dumbass.
COUNTER POINT: 75% off all apps at the GYERO Sports Bar if you wear that shirt.

(offer not valid on game days, trivia night, or Golf Scramble Eve)

Reactions: SAECATFAN
-Jessica Alba... 1 billion for some organic cleaning supplies. Jesus. She can pretty much thank the space beneath my kitchen sink for most of it. Organic cleaning supplies, smh. Sorry but I want chemicals if I'm trying to kill bacteria. 409 FTW.

-Up at 12:30 watching "The Intern" which was TERRIBLE. Bob must either be broke or trying to take care of his 7th generation b/c that's disgraceful and I typically love terrible movies.

-Narcos season 2. Amazing. I kind of want to stop there. No way the next crew can live up to Escobar.

-Gunner Kiel, how on earth is that kid still playing. We like to joke about people that seem to be in college 8 years but in this case he's seemingly been around since 2005 and now he's 3rd string?

There's a milk toast shirt??

1. spineless, lacking backbone. not standing up for oneself

so i said "hey rachel get me a soda biatch" and she did, she always did what she was told, beacuse she was milktoast

2. some one of weak constitution, allergic or sickly and weak. Milk toast was often given to sickly people as it was considered easy on the digestive tract and full of calories. Its used more today to mean some one simpering, whiny or without back bone.

Calm down! Dont get yourself all excited ya milk toast, you'll give yourself a bloody nose.

3. A derogatory term used against a white person, one with possibly very white skin or exibiting traits commonly associated with being "white".

Chad: I did the worm at the dance last night!
Adrian: Whatta milktoast you are.

14366783.png
18731506.png

- I really feel for JHB4UK this week. Dude probably can't sleep, can't eat.

- Honestly do feel bad for you Louisvillians right now. Hang in there. Cal will be 9-1 against Pitino here in a few months.

- It's amazing how far my attitude toward UC sports has come in the last 20 years. I went from Louisville-level hatred for them to a patronizing "pat on the head" liking to see them do well condescension today. I don't actively root for them, but I don't care enough to want them to lose. They have no effect on UK at all. All their fans hate Kentucky, but it's more of a slap in the face to them when I respond with indifference. I love it.

My heart is open to future hatred, though, if either program becomes relevant.

- Nippert is cozy and a good spot to catch a game. Always shows up well on these Thursday night tilts.

- Michigan State continues to come strong on the recruiting trail, landing Jaren Jackson, a top 15-20 kid.

- I worship Norah Jones. Love everything about her. Also think "Norah" is a Top 5 female name- right there at the top with Claire and Audrey.

- Headed to Kroger the other night- ask the lass if she needs anything, "yeah, pick me up 3 honeycrisp apples." Ok. Get there and these MFers are $2.99/lb. Each apple is right about one pound. I'm not spending $9 on 3 apples. It's the principle of it. Absurd. I'd feel like a dumbass.

- Wiener dog races today at lunch to kick off Oktoberfest. 100s of dachshunds wearing buns racing each other. Cracks me up every year.

- Oktoberfest itself is a shit show. Silly crowded. Dumbasses trying to roll strollers through the crowds at 7pm on a Saturday night. Bad tats. Etc. But I still like making an appearance and love the food and beer.

- How is the Bourbon Festival in Bardstown? My buddy and his wife are checking it out this year.

- Any of you NKy/Cincinnatians been to Newberry Bros in Newport- right across from Pompilios? Cool spot. They have more bourbon than any bar on the planet.

NBC_prohibition_RtNav290.jpg

Friday shorts?

-My Pops "retired" from Jim Beam last month to be the Distiller Manager at Bardstown Bourbon Company. They started production this week. Really cool deal that I have followed on Facebook. The funny thing is that my Pops does not drink bourbon. He always has given his stuff to me.

-Went to Anchorage in March of 2012. I really enjoyed it but I cannot imagine those winter months. But the 21 hours of summer sun would be :100points:.

-Recruited Geese to my company a few months ago. 2 things about him that are true. He is loud and he is cheesy.

-How long has it been for the Kentucky Double? Man really need one this weekend.

Reactions: wcc31
It's amazing how far my attitude toward UC sports has come in the last 20 years.

Beating them in 05 in what turned out to be Huggins last game was extremely satisfying. Years of hearing from UC fans that Kentucky is scared to play us unleashed in a resounding you wanted to play us and you see what happens response from UK. But UC without Huggins is like Florida without Donovan, the level of indifference quickly returns to the historical norm.

- Headed to Kroger the other night- ask the lass if she needs anything, "yeah, pick me up 3 honeycrisp apples." Ok. Get there and these MFers are $2.99/lb. Each apple is right about one pound. I'm not spending $9 on 3 apples. It's the principle of it. Absurd. I'd feel like a dumbass.
LOL. Oh you just wait. You will be buying whatever she says at the grocery. Or she will be doing the shopping and buying whatever she wants with your shared household budget. Anth loves honeycrips apples, of course. I have been buying Pink Lady apples lately though. They are just as good as honeycrisp.

- Oktoberfest itself is a shit show. Silly crowded. Dumbasses trying to roll strollers through the crowds at 7pm on a Saturday night. Bad tats. Etc. But I still like making an appearance and love the food and beer.
And you too will be pushing a stroller through the Oktoberfest crowd in a couple years. Can't wait.

Gosh, I feel like SAE following you around these days wcc. Sorry.

Rack wcc re: the UC hate. As a young pup coming up and actually going to school in Cincinnati, fighting the good fight being a UK fan (it was just me and one teacher vs. the whole campus) I loathed UC. I mean I hated Louisville but my focus was on UC, going through college, etc. "UK too skeered to play us!!!" they'd say in their jorts and Nike Air Maxes (Shox weren't around yet). Nevermind that UK DID actually play UC on UC's campus in 1991, then went on to be UK and had no need to play an outlaw program like that. I'm probably owed about $5,000 in welched bets from UC fans on "who will go further in the NCAAs this year, UC or UK?" since 1992.

But now I pity them. It's a school making really good non-sports advancements. Their campus looks nothing like it used to. But they're stuck in the middling area as a non-major and their biggest rival (XU) has gotten real uppity. Also their football program honestly is better than ours.

~At this point I don't know if it is possible to overtake Louisville as a program in football. They have crawled their way up to the ACC. They have two decades of thumping bad teams. They have multiple BCS appearances. They have arguably the best offensive coach in the country. They may have the most exciting player in college football. The Louisville football brand is like Miami Lite. The Kentucky football brand is Morgan Newton dropping back and sacking himself. It would take a major, sustained reversal of fortune for Kentucky football to ever be perceived as the better program than Louisville at this point. And it's largely due to our own ineptitude. Where would Louisville be if we had never scheduled them? If we had hired Schnellenberger? If we had hired Petrino?

I've also accepted this, and have started the process of realizing UK football is now the hapless underdog in the series who will (hopefully) jump up and beat them every few years. Maybe 2-3 times a decade. Best we can hope is that they're costly losses for their bowl selection.

~At this point I don't know if it is possible to overtake Louisville as a program in football. ...If we had hired Schnellenberger? If we had hired Petrino?

~Never understood the controversy over Spake. If she lived next door to you or worked in your office, you'd be fantasizing about it every week. No one is saying that she is the hottest chick on the planet, but if you can't see the appeal of fit, fun, soccer mom with great bigguns, then you're probably doing it wrong. The caveat being if you're under 30, but that applies to almost no one in this thread these days.

~88 degrees can get pumped. We're two weeks out from October. Time for some mornings in the low 50's high 40's to really get fall rolling along.

- College sports, sports in general, really come down to hires. Make a great hire and you're in great shape. Louisville football has made two GREAT hires (Schnellenberger and Petrino) and two pretty good hires (Smith and Strong). Compare that to UK. It's that simple.

- The controversy comes down to the hype. She's not worth the hype.

- Totally agree, but at least there's no humidity.

All it takes is UL to get hit with NCAA sanctions (possible if not likely eventually!) and UK to make the right hire (lol nope) and we're right back into the thick of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT