ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched a dude hustle the waiting room at my dermatologist's office. Despite signs warning of people coming in with a sob story asking for gas money, a man fell for this:

Crowded waiting room and guy in his late 30's comes in visibly upset (actually fake crying) on his phone telling the "person" on the other line about his mom just passing away over at St. Joe while putting a stent in. He came to the derm office b/c his old girlfriend used to work here and would loan him money for gas. He didn't realize she doesn't work here anymore. His debit card is in mom's purse and the hospital won't give it to him. And on and on he went until the man he sat down next to handed him $15 and said something nice. Another girl was reaching in her purse, but ended up not giving him anything. I barely looked up from GYERO. Wtf?

anth is a dick.
Hey man, anytime I can get junk out of my house I take the opportunity. My little nook and cranny/ junk drawer stuffer wife would keep everything we ever bought. Those things were wadded up in the rafters of our garage for 5+ years.

It's not like I gave the my buddies flybar to a random vagrant.

BSYBF_FCIAAqlti.jpg

Reactions: PTI (pti)
St. Joe East marcus welby be crackville. The maternity ward is really nice and new but man the people around that place are sketch balls. By the looks of it most hospitals are like that, assume dregs of life either sick from the shit or trying to get more of the shit.

Reactions: roguemocha
Caught Any Given Wednesday last night and I wasn't impressed. The Barkley interview was solid whereas the Affleck thing was a total train wreck. Read some critiques that thought he was drunk but it appeared to me the dude had just had his upper lip injected full of Botox. It was weird watching him speak. But STFU about Brady already, fanboys. Loved the audience laugh track, too. :rolleyes: I'll give it a few more episodes to hopefully find his footing... but man.

Pool Saturday/Sunday

Rooster's wings - Thai Chili/Donkey mixed flavor. FTW.

Backcourt: Where will Malik Monk go in the Draft next year? Top 10, IMO. Book it, bruh. Think that 'motor' criticism will wash away quickly against so many good players every day in practice. Fox could even go higher if he 'gets it' sooner rather than later. Think his progression arc is the 2nd most important thing to the team other than Bam staying out on the floor. Monk will be who he is the majority of the season. (a dynamic, tantalizing but albeit frustrating scorer) But Fox's development is crucial. Briscoe being back will alleviate the playmaking pressure out of the gate, thankfully.

Still SMH @ the Magic last night. WTF? Ibaka's deal expires next summer so he's out the door after 1 year, with nothing else to show for last night's deal. Just unbelievably stupid.

Bought a Yeti Hopper (tote cooler) a couple weeks ago and it has been awesome. The functionality has made the absurd price tolerable. Perfect for a short stroll to the neighborhood pool.

Reactions: wcc31 and Mossip
Seen a couple of those Hoppers showing up at kids games. Seems like the way to go, imo if you're jumping into the Yeti world.

What size are most people rolling with these days? 20,30, 40?

I'm still pissed there is a Louisville and Cincinnati Yeti and no UK collegiate cooler.

Luuuke, Marra, and Stephen are all members at my club. Luke & Mike can both play a little, nice dudes -- out there 7 days a week, it seems. Stephen just started playing, pretty hilarious watching that 6-9 doofus swing a golf club.
I assume Luke and Mike are there with clients daily. "Let us have your money and you can play golf with Former UL players". Good business model.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
- All the cheese fries talk and now that's all I can think of. As for fries in general, the ones at The Village Idiot in Lexington are good but that smoked ketchup is outstanding.

- Paid one visit to the Wodie Crew before a UK game. Crazy intimidating for no real reason. Of course I was in my 30's trying to look cool in front of a bunch of people 10 years younger than myself. I remember that banner.

Reactions: B.B.d.K. and wcc31
Caught Any Given Wednesday last night and I wasn't impressed. The Barkley interview was solid whereas the Affleck thing was a total train wreck. Read some critiques that thought he was drunk but it appeared to me the dude had just had his upper lip injected full of Botox. It was weird watching him speak. But STFU about Brady already, fanboys. Loved the audience laugh track, too. :rolleyes: I'll give it a few more episodes to hopefully find his footing... but man.

Frozen Rant

JUNE 23, 2016

man-frozen-face.jpg

[Blind Gossip] This movie actor got very excited during an interview about a subject that is near and dear to his heart.

What really garnered people’s attention, though, is that he seemed so out of control during his rant: swearing and highly agitated and slurring his words.

Hello?! We’ve been telling you forever that this actor is an coke head and an alcoholic! Did you think those bad habits had magically disappeared? Oh, no.

Since the alcohol/druggie issue is once we’ve covered ad nauseum over the years, let’s focus on a new issue with him: His face! He’s clearly had some work done. It’s not like he has over-inflated lips or cat eyes yet. He’s just frozen. We’ll find out what’s going on there.

Similar: All The Old Habits

Actor:

[Optional] Under the influence… or just passionate?

What size are most people rolling with these days? 20,30, 40?

I'm still pissed there is a Louisville and Cincinnati Yeti and no UK collegiate cooler.
I won a 20 in a golf tournament, if you're using it for golf, fishing, pool, it's big enough.

But...someone that maybe could possibly have a boat that they are on all day, go bigger.

Reactions: drxman1
-Friend/coworker of mine just got back from taking his wife to Fiji for 3 weeks. Immediately after getting back has gone on a 4 day bender(he's scheduled off til Monday) from dawn til, well dawn. Has barely slept since Monday morning, spent $270 at the bar(one of about 3 or 4 he went to) I was working last night after spending an even grand at the strip club directly before that. Showed me his wife calling at 2a and said she was mad because she got a fraud alert(which he also showed me) from the bank on the $1000 he spent at the club. I mean just straight redlining it all the time, that guy. Not my cup of tea, but who am I to judge.

-Opened one bar at 1130a yesterday til 5p, went to another one to close it from 10p-4a, then opened first said bar up again today at 1130a-4p. Glad that's over with.

-Gym, boat, sun on tap tomorrow.

-Anyone playing in Chippeways in Maysville this weekend? Miss going/playing in that. My Pops is down there playing well though.

Caught Any Given Wednesday last night and I wasn't impressed. whereas the Affleck thing was a total train wreck. Read some critiques that thought he was drunk but it appeared to me the dude had just had his upper lip injected full of Botox. It was weird watching him speak.
Reading critiques on Ben Affleck's appearance on a "sports" show sounds exhilarating but I wasn't able to fit that into the schedule today, thanks for the summation though.

Funny thing about the banner is how legitimately cool BBdK, PTI and Sloot thought it was...without a hint of irony. Not it's awesome in a "haha we're idiots" sort of way- no, in a "I can't believe none of these other loser tailgates don't have a banner" sort of way.

Last edited:
Cumberland Brews is best wings in Louisville.

Their Chipotle Mayo was awesome also for dipping their fries into.

I think a hopper on a ski boat is fine, but on a cruiser/yacht a larger traditional cooler is more appropriate. Unless your going out for days at a time, the yeti is really just pretentious. It's just becoming more accepted.

I think a hopper on a ski boat is fine, but on a cruiser/yacht a larger traditional cooler is more appropriate. Unless your going out for days at a time, the yeti is really just pretentious. It's just becoming more accepted.
Kids baseball tournament yesterday and most of today. About 50% of the fans have Yeti coolers.

Two places that aren't wing places who do a great job with them are OBC and Pies and Pints. Not a lot of options for sauces, but the wings on the menu are good as is.

I second the Pies & Pints wings if you want something besides traditional buffalo. They're probably my favorite in Lexington.

Madison Garden wings in Richmond are pretty legit.

I think the best wings I've ever had came from some hole-in-the-wall joint that was literally behind the Cooter's Dukes of Hazzard museum in Nashville. Scoreboard Bar & Grill. Their smoked wings were unreal.

^ that's exactly how my buddy who's bounced around different spots slangin his 'Q on Dixie does (did) them -- they were as good as any I've had. Flash fly is pretty much just to warm/crisp up and sauce. Perfection.

Yep. Really hard to smoke wings and get a bite on the skin. Only way I've done it is corn starch and I still think it changes the taste and the crisp is still off. Most of the time you get a rubbery skin on any grilled or smoked wings. I just don't want to deal with the flash fry part. I have a little fry daddy but it's an extry mess.

I smoked some wings for the first time last night. Had an idea on the way I wanted to do them and they turned out great.

I made a little buffalo sauce myself and put a light coating over them. Then I put my dry rub on top of that. I smoked them in hickory at 225 for about an hour and a half. I moved them to the grill, low/indirect heat, for 5 minutes on each side. They were awesome and I'm ready to make more ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT