ADVERTISEMENT

Grumpyolddog

Thinking oh giving 1.5 and UGA for $100

Wonder what the payout would be

Georgia is gonna have to lose before I say they could. They've won 22 straight, and I think 22 straight at home as well.

For us, we have to start fast which we haven't done yet! Our saving grace has been the 4th quarter. We still have the ability to rotate fresh bodies and that is when it shows up. The auburn game was a perfect example, they got gassed.
Yeah 4th quarters used be something we struggled with too because of lack of depth but thats something Stoops and Co and really turned around especially on the defensive side and up front. We've rotate a lot of bodies there and should be fresh too. Oline not so much.

Yeah 4th quarters used be something we struggled with too because of lack of depth but thats something Stoops and Co and really turned around especially on the defensive side and up front. We've rotate a lot of bodies there and should be fresh too. Oline not so much.
How significant a drop in production are you guys seeing with the backups in?

We can't drop catchable passes and win. Much was made of Leary's stats in the florida win but 4 or 5 of those passes could have been caught and few should have been caught.

I almost expect us to throw more short, quick passes to get some easy catches. We have to build confidence on that aspect of the offense PERIOD.

How significant a drop in production are you guys seeing with the backups in?
The D-line is like 8 or 9 deep we are good there, they rotate constantly throughout the game to keep them fresh. Linebackers have a bit of a drop off. We basically rotate 3 guys at the 2 safety spots that are interchangeable, Afari is a hybrid that rotates at Sam with Wade who is more of the conventional 3/4 edge. The corners are good 2 deep but a bit inexperienced as a group, they are good but not great. If there is a weakness to this defense it's with the corners and I look for UGA to try to attack downfield.

Offensively we use 4 different TEs and rotate 4 RBs but Davis will obviously get the lions share of the snaps, obviously there is a big drop off there, and you may see 2-3 O-lineman and not much drop off there. We are thin at receiver and probably have our slot guy Robinson out, who has been the most consistent, but we have a freshmen Brown-Stephenson that will likely get his snaps who is very talented. If we have to go very deep with receivers we will be in big trouble.

How much better is Beck getting week to week? Seems like the light hasn't come on but is he showing improvement or kind of at the same spot?

Reactions: JASUN74
I think UK has played the most complete game of anyone in the SEC and made its statement to be not only the best team in the East but the conference. UGA just hasn't played to expectations this fall, it looks like the hunger is not as strong. If I were a gambler I would take the points, easy money. UK plays the game they played UF it wins by 2+ scores.
Made a bet this morning. Bet $100 on money line to win $750. I thought that was pretty good value for a team that has a punchers chance at a upset.

Maybe hes straight shooting, but that seems ridiculous for even the most pessimistic UGA fan to think they are going to lose AT HOME by 2+ scores.

Really? I am not in the group that gives home field a big edge, everyone plays on the same size field. Bobo's ultra conservative play calling and injuries have killed our offense. Beck has shown to be accurate downfield but he refuses to call anything with any depth until we are down 2 scores, did the same in both SEC games. UK is too good for UGA to come out like that and expect to get a win. Now if we come out first drive it's a D ifferent story, but 5 games in we haven't showed that ability to do that.

Reactions: bluecoon1
Said over on HOB this team has a different feel, the UF game wasn't the all in all game. This UK team is different and has goals and UF was just a step towards what they believe they can do.
Maybe you're right and it's me being over cautious.I hope you're right!
True. This team stepped over UF. That was no Armageddon game. UF is no longer close to being on par with UGA or Bama, and quickly falling out of our peer group or watching us rise above, depending on how you look at it.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Really? I am not in the group that gives home field a big edge, everyone plays on the same size field. Bobo's ultra conservative play calling and injuries have killed our offense. Beck has shown to be accurate downfield but he refuses to call anything with any depth until we are down 2 scores, did the same in both SEC games. UK is too good for UGA to come out like that and expect to get a win. Now if we come out first drive it's a D ifferent story, but 5 games in we haven't showed that ability to do that.
So we haven't lost at home since 2019 yet You don't think home field advantage is big for us?

Carter was best DL in the country last year, Bear had potential to be a good DL, but he was no where near the level of Cater as a Frosh. He would have playeda good bit, but no quarter of starting so he opted to leave. He isnt doing much at USC. The biggest loss was the WR Mitchell who is killing it at Texas.

Bear actually has 2 sacks verses 1.5 sacks for Williams for UGA and twice the tackles as Williams this year. Williams was supposed be the next great 1st round talent for UGA and still might at some point given he's a true sophomore.
My point was, you were Adamant Georgia's Dline would be better or at least as good after losing Carter and Nolan Smith as an edge setter at OLB. that clearly hasn't happened and I haven't heard you acknowledge that. You have been spoiled the past 4 years and thought it was always going to be just a 1st round talent reload for your Dline.

in 2021 at home against UF, they had 8( I think) illegal procedures against us, all attributed to crowd noise by our fans. Depends on the game but often, home field is a huge advantage!

Bear actually has 2 sacks verses 1.5 sacks for Williams for UGA and twice the tackles as Williams this year. Williams was supposed be the next great 1st round talent for UGA and still might at some point given he's a true sophomore.
My point was, you were Adamant Georgia's Dline would be better or at least as good after losing Carter and Nolan Smith as an edge setter at OLB. that clearly hasn't happened and I haven't heard you acknowledge that. You have been spoiled the past 4 years and thought it was always going to be just a 1st round talent reload for your Dline.
Williams has been hurt

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
The D-line is like 8 or 9 deep we are good there, they rotate constantly throughout the game to keep them fresh. Linebackers have a bit of a drop off. We basically rotate 3 guys at the 2 safety spots that are interchangeable, Afari is a hybrid that rotates at Sam with Wade who is more of the conventional 3/4 edge. The corners are good 2 deep but a bit inexperienced as a group, they are good but not great. If there is a weakness to this defense it's with the corners and I look for UGA to try to attack downfield.

Offensively we use 4 different TEs and rotate 4 RBs but Davis will obviously get the lions share of the snaps, obviously there is a big drop off there, and you may see 2-3 O-lineman and not much drop off there. We are thin at receiver and probably have our slot guy Robinson out, who has been the most consistent, but we have a freshmen Brown-Stephenson that will likely get his snaps who is very talented. If we have to go very deep

Offensively we use 4 different TEs and rotate 4 RBs but Davis will obviously get the lions share of the snaps, obviously there is a big drop off there, and you may see 2-3 O-lineman and not much drop off there. We are thin at receiver and probably have our slot guy Robinson out, who has been the most consistent, but we have a freshmen Brown-Stephenson that will likely get his snaps who is very talented. If we have to go very deep with receivers we will be in big

Offensively we use 4 different TEs and rotate 4 RBs but Davis will obviously get the lions share of the snaps, obviously there is a big drop off there, and you may see 2-3 O-lineman and not much drop off there. We are thin at receiver and probably have our slot guy Robinson out, who has been the most consistent, but we have a freshmen Brown-Stephenson that will likely get his snaps who is very talented. If we have to go very deep with receivers we will be in big

Lots of drop off on offense. Not much at all on defense. Injuries at QB, RB, LT, or more than one starting one WR would spell doom.

Lots of drop off on offense. Not much at all on defense. Injuries at QB, RB, LT, or more than one starting one WR would spell doom.
Let's all cross our fingers both squads come out of this weekend still intact to make runs for the post season.

Williams has been hurt

Hurt or sick? read he missed one game because of illness. Regardless, Williams was supposed to be the next huge 1st round difference maker and pass rusher. from what I've seen he isn't the bendy edge rusher. don't see that on the field for you guys this year. maybe a younger guy who hasn't done it yet

Obviously I’m a UK fan and want us to win but I hope realistically it’s a good close-hard fought game with no major injuries for either team. The winner has the inside track to Atlanta

The real shame is both teams are in the east but if one was in the west then this could be a warmup for the same two in Atlanta

Reactions: Deeeefense
So we haven't lost at home since 2019 yet You don't think home field advantage is big for us?

How many we lost on the road since 2019? Zero in 22, 1 in 21 in SEC championship game, 2 in 20 to the 2 teams who played in SEC championship game and that 19 loss at home was to a terrible South Carolina team. So those 4 losses on the road were to playoff caliber teams.

If we come out in the opening kickoff playing hard it's a heck of a game. If we throw the 1st quarter away, like we have all 5 games, I don't think we can come back from 2 scores down.

Reactions: Littlefeller
Juiced up for a team you have defeated 13 times in a row with Kentucky across their chest? Lol nice try. You guys still have Florida and UT.
Our guys know who's been the most physical game (by far) the last several years... and it's Saturday night in Athens ta boot. We'll be more juiced than we've been all year.

How much better is Beck getting week to week? Seems like the light hasn't come on but is he showing improvement or kind of at the same spot?
Let’s hope he has the dreaded and absolutely real (#1 team in the country always plays like crap their sixth game of the season kinda game)! Ha. On a serious note, from what I’ve saw from both teams so far, if we play really good, clean football, we will have a chance in the fourth to get the win. We must protect and give Devin time of course and if so, he could have a really good game this evening. I’m hoping to see his best game so far as a Wildcat and looking for our Defense to play great. Would love to see a couple turnovers and some big third down plays. No matter, Georgia is a fantastic program and have been unbelievable the last couple years so it’s going to be tough for anyone to beat them, especially at home. Hoping to make a big league move tonight and break down the biggest barrier since Stoops and Co have got here with a win. Cats 23-17!! Let’s go Cats.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Hope it’s a great game that keeps everyone on the edge of their seats and in the end may the best Cats win and no injuries.

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
Grumpy, just the travel roster limit gives the home team an advantage, especially if a team is deeper to begin with (in general, not specific to UGA/UK).

As seen on the DawgVent this week...

Beck by quarter. Your eyes do not deceive you during games:

• 1st — 118.42
  • 2nd — 153.76
  • 3rd — 200.11
  • 4th — 205.94
2nd quarter isn't terrible, and second half is fantastic. Now, how to get him outta the chute faster/better?

As seen on the DawgVent this week...

Beck by quarter. Your eyes do not deceive you during games:

• 1st — 118.42
  • 2nd — 153.76
  • 3rd — 200.11
  • 4th — 205.94
2nd quarter isn't terrible, and second half is fantastic. Now, how to get him outta the chute faster/better?
Hopefully you don’t. 😂😂

Let’s hope he has the dreaded and absolutely real (#1 team in the country always plays like crap their sixth game of the season kinda game)! Ha. On a serious note, from what I’ve saw from both teams so far, if we play really good, clean football, we will have a chance in the fourth to get the win. We must protect and give Devin time of course and if so, he could have a really good game this evening. I’m hoping to see his best game so far as a Wildcat and looking for our Defense to play great. Would love to see a couple turnovers and some big third down plays. No matter, Georgia is a fantastic program and have been unbelievable the last couple years so it’s going to be tough for anyone to beat them, especially at home. Hoping to make a big league move tonight and break down the biggest barrier since Stoops and Co have got here with a win. Cats 23-17!! Let’s go Cats.
I hoped the same thing, but we didn't play good, clean football. We gave Leary plenty of time, but he sucked. And our defense sucked too.

Reactions: JASUN74
This was the type offense I expected us to have this season. Why it took the sixth game of the year I have no idea. Maybe the trust wasn't there for Beck. But we didn't run 15 WR screens and started the game like it meant something. But Beck has always had the quick release and appears to be seeing the field better each week.

That's exactly how we have looked in every pre game this season. No excitement for it being game day. If UGA expects to win, it will have to be ready at the opening kickoff, not the 2nd half kickoff.
Hey where was that two touchdown loss prediction?

Hey where was that two touchdown loss prediction?

We didn't come out like we had the previous 5 games this season. That should be obvious, we didn't score against AU or Carolina in the 1st quarter because of ultra conservative playcalling, or QB decisions. That wasn't the case, playcalling and decisions by QB were aggressive. Game was all but over by end of first quarter with the issues UK is having in passing game. That is surprising too, Leary's reputation was an accurate passer, maybe the injury has something to do with his problem and his receivers aren't helping him much.

We didn't come out like we had the previous 5 games this season. That should be obvious, we didn't score against AU or Carolina in the 1st quarter because of ultra conservative playcalling, or QB decisions. That wasn't the case, playcalling and decisions by QB were aggressive. Game was all but over by end of first quarter with the issues UK is having in passing game. That is surprising too, Leary's reputation was an accurate passer, maybe the injury has something to do with his problem and his receivers aren't helping him much.
Stoops post game: "I know some people on their staff...they're putting things together. They played a complete game. It was too big of a stage for some of our guys." FWIW.

Stoops post game: "I know some people on their staff...they're putting things together. They played a complete game. It was too big of a stage for some of our guys." FWIW.

I think it's safe to say it was our best game by far. And from what we had returning was what I expected first game, then lost our top 2 RBs and top WR in preseason. I guess I was expecting too much when you combine those things with a new QB. I talked to Ladd McConkey's dad and he is day to day and a gametime decision. He has a back injury.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I think it's safe to say it was our best game by far. And from what we had returning was what I expected first game, then lost our top 2 RBs and top WR in preseason. I guess I was expecting too much when you combine those things with a new QB. I talked to Ladd McConkey's dad and he is day to day and a gametime decision. He has a back injury.
Fine player, hope he can go.

If anyone here or on the Bulldogs roster saw the pregame photos the UK players were taking on the Georgia field, they wouldn't be surprised the team came out a little fired up. I would've been if a visitor did that at our house back in the day

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT