ADVERTISEMENT

Does Reed Shepperd return?

Does he return for 1 more season?

• Yes

Votes: 87 27.4%
  • No

Votes: 231 72.6%

• Total voters
Probably doesn’t, but they sure aren’t doing any favors by having Reed be the last one to announce. If you wanted to avoid let down or feeding into the suspense, you announce it early rather than be the last one.
They? Maybe he’s just having a difficult time making a decision. This poor young man has the weight of the whole state of Kentucky on his shoulders. Just give him the time to process and make the best decision for him.

Thank God! Finally a poll so we can see what everyone thinks. A shame we wouldn't know from everyone's opinions in the other 50 threads about this.

I think it’s a hard decision for him, and he may still be undecided. I put it 30-70% likely.

They? Maybe he’s just having a difficult time making a decision. This poor young man has the weight of the whole state of Kentucky on his shoulders. Just give him the time to process and make the best decision for him.
^^ This... we all should want the best for him.

Reactions: KFuqua
Reed is projected in the 4-7 range, it makes zero sense for him to come back, he can make life changing money. I would love to have him back, but he needs to do what is best for him and his future family! He was fun to watch play.

Season 9 Smh GIF by The Office

No. 14M guaranteed for 10th, 25M guaranteed for 4th, that's the range most have him going in
He’s not going that high. He’s a G league player at best right now. Guards are a dime a dozen. He will drop once the NBA workouts begin and other unknown foreign players enter the draft.

• Haha
Reactions: catben
This also fits situations where someone says "you're 'spot on'" or "that story was SPOT ON!".

Spot On = "story that I agree with because it supports my opinion".
Hey we live in an era of being affirmed at any moment and if we're not, well, that person is dumb or evil, obviously.

Reactions: TheDude73
Again, I'll just say that everyone in this world isn't driven solely by money. There are many things that are much more important. Reed will become a rich man whether he goes now, or goes later, so he needs to look at what's important to him and make the decision that's best for him.

Reactions: HeismaNole
Under the Calipari Era...NOT ONE CHANCE in hell. But with a change in the guard...who knows?

But I see him bolting and taking the NBA money. I just hope it works out for him.

He’s not going that high. He’s a G league player at best right now. Guards are a dime a dozen. He will drop once the NBA workouts begin and other unknown foreign players enter the draft.
50% from 3 pt range for an ENTIRE season. The NBA game values shooting ability similar to what they did 7 footers that could score and defend back in the 80’s and 90’s.

Reed has ball skills, is sneaky athletic, will be a decent defender once he matures and is an excellent passer.

He is EASILY a top 10 pick or higher.

It will shock me if he stays.

Last edited:
He's coming back, he plays for the name on the jersey, he'll make plenty of money in his lifetime. Don't forget Cals gone and think Jeff is going to try to help Pope.

Reactions: KFuqua
If he wanted to come back he would have announced it by now.
Or if he wanted to go pro, he would have announced it already. EVERYONE else has. See how that works ? Not saying he comes back, but your logic is silly. Not announcing either way tell me he is still not sure. IF I had to guess, just because he hasn't said he is leaving, I say he returns. I mean what could he be waiting on if it was 100% lock he was leaving ? If he wasn't, staying undecided or mum on his decision, hurts recruiting. Both ways. But not saying he is staying, it COULD cost us someone really good who would like to play alongside him, and the other end, but not announcing could cost us someone who doesn't want to play behind him. So all this tells me, his mind is NOT made up.

Reactions: ukfan1622
What I think would be amazing would be that Reed comes back and his dad, Jeff, would be hired as an assistant with Coach Pope!!! Now THAT would be awesome!!! (Maybe him mom, Stacey would have a role, too!)

GO BIG BLUE AND COACH POPE, TOI!!!💙💙💙

The optimistic in me thinks he would have just declared by now. He and his family knows how agonizing this is for us, and he's roughly in the spot he'd want to be drafted... so why wait? Is it maybe the draft combines coming up to really help him solidfy his draft spot?

I don't know, I just feel like a draft prospect who is likely going to land in the 20th to 5th range, probably would have (should have) declared by now.. especially with a new coach while we're scrambling just to build a starting 5.

Which makes me think, Reed and his family are aware of this.. so I really do think him coming back is a possibility, so he's just waiting a but longer to decide. I think a return is very much on the table.

I think it’s a hard decision for him, and he may still be undecided. I put it 30-70% likely.
It shouldn’t be. Look, I’ve been a UK fan since childhood. Wish I was good enough to play at Kentucky. Still, his draft stock will never, ever be higher than it is right now. Smart move is to go.

My original take all year long was yes he comes back for alot of reasons but one of those was that he could chase another champioship here. That and Im not sure his heart or confidence level is ready for that lifestyle just yet. That said, without a chance for another fun season and chance in the tourney, its hard to say its worth sticking around. Then on top of that with Cal and all the players leaving I think it may have shifted Reed into more of "maybe I should go now mode".

Then here comes Pope and I think that has his attention and thinks it could be fun but he still doesnt know what kind of team he will have around him so I think he and his folks are watching closely how all this pans out. I think the more our roster comes together the better chance he comes back for one more round.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT