ADVERTISEMENT

Grumpyolddog

Im not grumpy but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night! Kentucky looks like the best team in the east with the eye test! If the game was in Lexington I think cats win by two scores. However, we just survived becks first road game and we are improving slowly on offense. Auburn fooled us with the offense play calling when they rpo'ed us to death. The way you folks dismantled florida may have been a wake up call for our defense. Your attack is more traditional for us, so I predict 28-27 Dawgs. The Cats were scary good but Kirby is a "master motivator" and Sanford will be rocking! If I'm wrong I'll stop over to congratulate you folks. Stoops has really built a good program.

I’m trying to picture a way to stop Bowers without setting the rest of Georgia’s offense free.

Both teams have smothering defenses, and traditional offenses, none of which have played their best football of the season.

I foresee a 21-17 grinder decided in the 4th quarter.

To Hell with LSU and Ole Sis. I want to see an SEC game in Athens, Saturday . . . not a damn pillow fight to 60 points!!

I’m trying to picture a way to stop Bowers without setting the rest of Georgia’s offense free.

Both teams have smothering defenses, and traditional offenses, none of which have played their best football of the season.

I foresee a 21-17 grinder decided in the 4th quarter.

To Hell with LSU and Ole Sis. I want to see an SEC game in Athens, Saturday . . . not a damn pillow fight to 60 points!!
There's not a better slobber knocker in conference each year!

There's not a better slobber knocker in conference each year!
While we have only finished close once head-to-head with Stoops and Kirby, the games have been interesting, and something of a flashback to football prior to “systems” and “analytics” being much mentioned in college football.

I made the drive, alone, in 2021, with some trepidation: we were ranked 10th, but UGA was clobbering ranked opponents by 4 scores or more in first halves.

The 14-7 halftime score and 30-13 final at least looked like a game worth sitting through.

I think this will be the SEC’s premier “line of scrimmage” game of the season, a.k.a. a slobber knocker as you describe.

Honestly, I think the best way is to pressure beck . If he has time bowers will get open. Beck doesn't see the field very well currently, but he is getting better.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. I rewatched the UGA- AU game and three things really stood out. (1)Beck stared down receivers (2) Auburn rarely got pressure and really none at all with just front 4 (3) and UGA's defensive line/front 7, although very good, isn't nearly what it was the last 2 years. UK's front 7 really compares well.

I honestly think UK wins this game. Our Interior DLine is bigger than UGA interior OL and much more disruptive/physical than anything you've seen. Walker is an absolute game wreaker and consistently collapses the pocket. I think we can rattle Beck and predict we get 1 or maybe 2 picks.

Lastly, UK's Walker at DT and Wallace at LB are mid to high 1st round picks and I truly believe they are the best NFL defensive prospects on the field. First time UK has ever had that verses Georgia. Mark it down:). Thanks for coming by

I couldn't agree more with this statement. I rewatched the UGA- AU game and three things really stood out. (1)Beck stared down receivers (2) Auburn rarely got pressure and really none at all with just front 4 (3) and UGA's defensive line/front 7, although very good, isn't nearly what it was the last 2 years. UK's front 7 really compares well.

I honestly think UK wins this game. Our Interior DLine is bigger than UGA interior OL and much more disruptive/physical than anything you've seen. Walker is an absolute game wreaker and consistently collapses the pocket. I think we can rattle Beck and predict we get 1 or maybe 2 picks.

Lastly, UK's Walker at DT and Wallace at LB are mid to high 1st round picks and I truly believe they are the best NFL defensive prospects on the field. First time UK has ever had that verses Georgia. Mark it down:). Thanks for coming by
The fact that this is even a discussion speaks volumes. I worry about receivers getting open though.

Im not grumpy but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night! Kentucky looks like the best team in the east with the eye test! If the game was in Lexington I think cats win by two scores. However, we just survived becks first road game and we are improving slowly on offense. Auburn fooled us with the offense play calling when they rpo'ed us to death. The way you folks dismantled florida may have been a wake up call for our defense. Your attack is more traditional for us, so I predict 28-27 Dawgs. The Cats were scary good but Kirby is a "master motivator" and Sanford will be rocking! If I'm wrong I'll stop over to congratulate you folks. Stoops has really built a good program.
I agree with all but the total. I don't think we either score that much. this game has been low scoring for a bit even when it shouldn't be.

I am grumpy (not Grumpy) because I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

We’ll need a complete game on both sides of the ball, especially offense. No way we run it like we did against UF but we have to stay out of 2nd/3rd and long because their D will eat that up. Hoping we see the most drastic change in the history of football with our passing game, not that it’s terrible but it can be a lot better. I think we can hang with them because of our D but we’d need 24-27 pts and a +2 in turnovers to have a shot. Not looking for moral victories at this stage of our program but I’d just like to see a game against #1. Also, watching the rest of the conference this past weekend makes me raise our floor from 9 to 10 with home field advantage against Bama. Beat UT at home and SC/MSt on the road and this is a top 10 team looking at a New Years Day bowl.

Last edited:
We’ll need a complete game on both sides of the ball, especially offense. No way we run it like we did against UF but we have to stay out of 2nd/3rd and long because their D will eat that up. Hoping we see the most drastic change in the history of football with our passing game, not that it’s terrible but it can be a lot better. I think we can hang with them because of our D but we’d need 24-27 pts and a +2 in turnovers to have a shot. Not looking for moral victories at this stage of our program but I’d just like to see a game against #1. Also, watching the rest of the conference this past weekend makes me raise our floor from 9 to 10 with home field advantage against Bama. Beat UT at home and SC/MSt on the road and this is a top 10 team looking at a New Years Day bowl.
I think what we need against Georgia is the same running game with an improved passing attack. Which should be attainable. Need our QB to have the game we all think he is capable of PLUS less drops from our receivers.

The biggest thing that I worry about with Georgia is that they have a TE that is pretty good.

Great example why UGA fan based is respected by UK fan base on majority.

There is no delusional back and forth, we know for UK to win there will take a perfect game and some breaks and that may not be enough.

This should be a great game in a great environment.

Great example why UGA fan based is respected by UK fan base on majority.

There is no delusional back and forth, we know for UK to win there will take a perfect game and some breaks and that may not be enough.

This should be a great game in a great environment.

Here's the thing Dallas, I don't think we need a perfect game. that's the difference with this team. Definitely need to get the passing game going and be balanced on O. And an even pr plus column in turnovers would certainly help. And don't shoot ourselves in the foot on penalties/special teams.

But this team doesn't really need perfection and luck. Talent, difference makers on both sides of ball and coaching are all there for once. JMO

Here's the thing Dallas, I don't think we need a perfect game. that's the difference with this team. Definitely need to get the passing game going and be balanced on O. And an even pr plus column in turnovers would certainly help. And don't shoot ourselves in the foot on penalties/special teams.

But this team doesn't really need perfection and luck. Talent, difference makers on both sides of ball and coaching are all there for once. JMO
Said over on HOB this team has a different feel, the UF game wasn't the all in all game. This UK team is different and has goals and UF was just a step towards what they believe they can do.
Maybe you're right and it's me being over cautious.I hope you're right!

Yeah,350 lbs and very versatile in the way he is used. Amazing someone that size drops back. We have struggled on the edge without having that push in the middle. I think that is one of the factors throwing our lbs off this season. We were spoiled with Davis and Carter. Those beasts are rare!

I am not sure anyone caught the challenge Kirby threw at the UGA home crowd... He complimented Auburn on their atmosphere. While Auburn does have a nice game day vibe, I think the UGA fans will one up them this weekend. I think the crowd will be a huge challenge leading to a UGA team that plays its best game this year. This is a big opportunity for us! Go Cats!

What do you think???

I think UK has played the most complete game of anyone in the SEC and made its statement to be not only the best team in the East but the conference. UGA just hasn't played to expectations this fall, it looks like the hunger is not as strong. If I were a gambler I would take the points, easy money. UK plays the game they played UF it wins by 2+ scores.

For a few years now, we've loved the challenge of playing in raucous road environments and done well in a few of them like Gainesville, Columbia (east and west), Oxford, and Auburn. Want to say we didn't do too bad at College Station in maybe 2018?

Athens is different, but we have a couple things going for us to offset that. 1) We're considerable underdogs and play better and a bit more focused under Stoops when we are. 2) I don't think Georgia as a program really thinks we are a threat to best them. (But that will only last a quarter or two if we play well.)

Atmosphere aside, I think we match up well with Georgia against their offense this year at most positions. Unfortunately the TE position has been the one our defense has struggled to contain. Also, late scrambling on passing downs have almost killed us. Will the refs call holding against Georgia when Walker (or someone else) gets behind the blocker with a clear line to the QB?

Offensively 1) we don't match up well with the Georgia secondary. If we don't run crisp routes, or misread the zone coverage, it will be a long day for our offense and for Leary. If we get those things cleaned up, it could be a good day for both our rushing and passing game.

Without completing passes downfield, it will be difficult to beat the Dawgs in either phase of the offense.

Georgia's DL is a different animal than Florida's. Size and talent difference is big. Secondary is similar to FL in terms of speed and athletic ability but better for Georgia as well. Don't know enough about the LBers but know they are at least a notch better than UF.

This is gonna be a really tough game for us to win, but I know we CAN. The question like I had vs UF is WILL we put the game together like we CAN and haven't yet. Last week was a big step for Leary and the OL taking what was available and not hurting us taking chances.

The difference this week will be on the WRs and TEs. If they are consistent, complete the play, and don't try to do too much, we can win.

-They will get more targets, so they shouldn't be trying to do too much before or after the ball gets there.
-Get a big gain and get wrapped up? Go down. Don't take that second or third hit and a strip.
-Settle down into the gaps in the zone rather than trying to rocket through them.
-Read and adjust your route into the gaps in the zone rather than leading the pass directly into the path of a defender.
-Make the catch first. Then look downfield.

The pass opens up the run this week. Where
last week it was the opposite. I'm not thinking we can run first out of the gate against UGA, but this OL may know otherwise.

Always my favorite game of the year, and this year it will be my super bowl in terms of enjoying the football viewing pleasure. (Unless we make really big mistakes.)

I think UK has played the most complete game of anyone in the SEC and made its statement to be not only the best team in the East but the conference. UGA just hasn't played to expectations this fall, it looks like the hunger is not as strong. If I were a gambler I would take the points, easy money. UK plays the game they played UF it wins by 2+ scores.
UKs game against UF won't win AT GA but our guys should have so much more in the tank offensively. If our guys can get a quick score or two to quiet the crowd or if we just handle the crowd(they won't be on the field so)then we have a chance. Our passing game has to be better and I think it will be. Anyway, our fan base is excited and more importantly, I am sure our team is excited so, we will see Sat!

You win the turnover battle and run the ball better, you win the game!
In recent years GA has run rough-shod over UK with a plethora of outstanding RBs. Their lead RB this year, Edwards, may not be on the same level as some of their RBs in the past but he's a solid SEC RB, most capable of having a big game. The QB is a 5* talent, Bowers is All World at TE(they'll even line him up at RB at times), McConkey and their WRs are excellent but if UK has any ideas of an upset they have to curtail GA's running game. GA's D is typically crusty, UK's young WRs have to stop dicking around and start making plays to help their QB and the UK running game must continue to grow.

UK has a long losing streak vs GA but if the UK product wants to grow they must flip the script. Progress is slowly being made, the next step is there for the taking.

The big things for me:

1. Did Auburn wake UGA up by running for 200+ yards or did they exploit something?

2. Can UK pressure Beck enough? Eventually, if given time, UGA finds holes in the defense and capitalizes, particularly after the half.

3. Survive the 1st quarter. Then the 2nd. So on, so forth.

The big things for me:

1. Did Auburn wake UGA up by running for 200+ yards or did they exploit something?

2. Can UK pressure Beck enough? Eventually, if given time, UGA finds holes in the defense and capitalizes, particularly after the half.

3. Survive the 1st quarter. Then the 2nd. So on, so forth.
1. Roughly half of Auburn's rushing yards came from the QB, a luxury UK does not have. To win this game UK must be able to run and must stop GA's running attack. Edwards may not be as good as some recent GA RBs but is most capable. UK does have Davis, a hard-nosed SEC veteran, and that's a plus. Minus is GA's well aware of Davis therefore are likely to key on him. UK's young WRs MUST make plays if UK hopes to keep the game close.

2. I really like Beck, think he'll be the next great GA QB. But being young could give UK a chance. UK will use 3 DL and 3 LB types, blitz some combo of those 6(not always the same combo) hoping to confuse Beck. If UK is successful they may hang for awhile.

3. Big key. If UK can stay within 10 in the 4th Q they have a puncher's chance. I've often said if you want to see what 5*s going against 3*s looks like, watch a GA-UK game. Otherwise, I expect a typical UK-GA game....GA establishing 1st Half control, pulling away in the 2d Half. GA by 17.

We have to play clean on offense, no false starts, or holding penalties. Oline has to win more than they lose, keep the pocket clean, get Ray to the 2nd level before he has to make a guy miss. Leary and the WR's have to make some plays, just enough to keep the safeties out of the box.

Defensively, the exact game plan from UF. Pressure, play on their side of the LOS, keep everything in front and make tackles.

UGA matches all of our strengths, Kirby has built a monster and they are hard to handle. They rarely make mistakes and don't beat themselves. I am hoping we get into the 4th quarter with a chance to win at the end. I would love to be up a score with 4 minutes to play and then turn the game over to Ray and the BBW, pick up a few first downs and call it a day.

I agree, this is not one of those "it will take a miracle" games, and as Stoops said on his show last night, there is no such thing as a perfect game. CATS have the talent to play UGA straight up. A TO or a few costly penalties aren't going to cost the game one way or the other.

The Key to this game is the first part of the 2nd half. UGA starts slow but comes on strong in the second half. That's the mark of a team that makes great half time adjustments. We need to try and built up a half time lead and then come out the 2nd half and match their intensity.

Roughly half of Auburn's rushing yards came from the QB, a luxury UK does not have.
That's true but UGA knew before hand that Auburn would play that dual threat, and a lot of his yardage was on design plays not scrambles - that's part of their offense just as much as the running back and they failed to stop either with any consistency.

Reactions: jauk11
1. Roughly half of Auburn's rushing yards came from the QB, a luxury UK does not have. To win this game UK must be able to run and must stop GA's running attack. Edwards may not be as good as some recent GA RBs but is most capable. UK does have Davis, a hard-nosed SEC veteran, and that's a plus. Minus is GA's well aware of Davis therefore are likely to key on him. UK's young WRs MUST make plays if UK hopes to keep the game close.

2. I really like Beck, think he'll be the next great GA QB. But being young could give UK a chance. UK will use 3 DL and 3 LB types, blitz some combo of those 6(not always the same combo) hoping to confuse Beck. If UK is successful they may hang for awhile.

3. Big key. If UK can stay within 10 in the 4th Q they have a puncher's chance. I've often said if you want to see what 5*s going against 3*s looks like, watch a GA-UK game. Otherwise, I expect a typical UK-GA game....GA establishing 1st Half control, pulling away in the 2d Half. GA by 17.

-will you give me cats plus 17 for $100?

I think you hit on it here. We know UGA has the dawgs to bring it when they are juiced up and they will be Saturday for sure. I know we will be puffed up with new confidence that we found our identity back and will try to open up and see if we can continue that style of play. But I'm afraid that may cost us the first quarter trying to force the ground game against a stacked front with juiced up dawgs. When energy is up it shows up at the line of scrimmage, that was our big edge last week we played on fire up front.

Its okay to try and run it still but cant be predictable to do it against UGA. Coen is going to have to be creative in mixing up his runs and short passing game as well especially to win 1st down. And have to get you guys moving sideways with motion and play fakes, cant just let dig in and play forward when your jacked up for us.

I think the only thing Georgia does better than UK is throw the football. Thats it.
If we play better in every other phase of the football game they wont beat us.

For a few years now, we've loved the challenge of playing in raucous road environments and done well in a few of them like Gainesville, Columbia (east and west), Oxford, and Auburn. Want to say we didn't do too bad at College Station in maybe 2018?

Athens is different, but we have a couple things going for us to offset that. 1) We're considerable underdogs and play better and a bit more focused under Stoops when we are. 2) I don't think Georgia as a program really thinks we are a threat to best them. (But that will only last a quarter or two if we play well.)

Atmosphere aside, I think we match up well with Georgia against their offense this year at most positions. Unfortunately the TE position has been the one our defense has struggled to contain. Also, late scrambling on passing downs have almost killed us. Will the refs call holding against Georgia when Walker (or someone else) gets behind the blocker with a clear line to the QB?

Offensively 1) we don't match up well with the Georgia secondary. If we don't run crisp routes, or misread the zone coverage, it will be a long day for our offense and for Leary. If we get those things cleaned up, it could be a good day for both our rushing and passing game.

Without completing passes downfield, it will be difficult to beat the Dawgs in either phase of the offense.

Georgia's DL is a different animal than Florida's. Size and talent difference is big. Secondary is similar to FL in terms of speed and athletic ability but better for Georgia as well. Don't know enough about the LBers but know they are at least a notch better than UF.

This is gonna be a really tough game for us to win, but I know we CAN. The question like I had vs UF is WILL we put the game together like we CAN and haven't yet. Last week was a big step for Leary and the OL taking what was available and not hurting us taking chances.

The difference this week will be on the WRs and TEs. If they are consistent, complete the play, and don't try to do too much, we can win.

-They will get more targets, so they shouldn't be trying to do too much before or after the ball gets there.
-Get a big gain and get wrapped up? Go down. Don't take that second or third hit and a strip.
-Settle down into the gaps in the zone rather than trying to rocket through them.
-Read and adjust your route into the gaps in the zone rather than leading the pass directly into the path of a defender.
-Make the catch first. Then look downfield.

The pass opens up the run this week. Where
last week it was the opposite. I'm not thinking we can run first out of the gate against UGA, but this OL may know otherwise.

Always my favorite game of the year, and this year it will be my super bowl in terms of enjoying the football viewing pleasure. (Unless we make really big mistakes.)

You think Walker is the only player in the SEC that gets held and UGA gets all the calls? In our game sat on the int the DB went through our WR to get the ball, on their TD we had a guy in position to make the tackle and an OL wrapped him up and tackled him from behind. But the worst was the QB took off on a run, crossed the LOS with both feet. Then crossed back and threw a completion.

Reactions: Chum83 and hmt5000
I think the only thing Georgia does better than UK is throw the football. Thats it.
If we play better in every other phase of the football game they wont beat us.

According to stats it plays better defense, less yards per game, per play and points. Not as good as in the past but not bad. We are not running the ball very well, backs, who aren't elite and 4 are hurt. Playing with 4th string back, a walk-on and a converted WR, Bowers has even lined up at RB. Should have signed another back, but didn't.

Reactions: bluecoon1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT