ADVERTISEMENT

Greg McDermott is an amazing coach

I live in Omaha. I hate Creighton. I hate that they are without a doubt a better basketball program than Kentucky, at this point in time. Not near the talent. But an incredible coach that makes them a yearly contender now
I agree 100%, he coaches a hell of a game. His team wasn’t scared and executed better than any team I’ve seen late and in both OT’s.

🤣🤣🤣

He’s been to the Sweet 16 twice in 15 seasons. “Incredible coach”
Actually 3 in the last 4 years....at Creighton

Meanwhile....Cal
Dead Silence GIF by Studios 2016

He's got TWO super seniors due to the COVID stuff. I chalk this performance up to a team that was able to use the COVID eligibility to gain a few players back, who would have otherwise been gone.

What would Creighton look like this year, in a normal season? They would be without their best player in Scheierman, and a role player in Farabello. Maybe, McDermott is able to get a transfer or a 3-star recruit to replace them, but that's still a big gap. Remove these two guys from the team.. is Creigton missing the tournament just like a few other good-but-not-great Big East teams? I think so.

One thing I want to be careful of, is avoiging hiring a coach who benefited too much from the COVID nonsense that effectively allowed some coaches to have a big advantage. Count McDermott on that list for me. He'd need to win the title.

🤣🤣🤣

These types of posts show what a moron someone is.

Ask yourself a couple questions:

What types of recruiting classes are possible at CREIGHTON?

How much money is there for hoops at CREIGHTON?

Think for two seconds before you post. Every time you post something that you think is smart and witty, you make yourself look like one of the dumbest people on the planet.

These types of posts show what a moron someone is.

Ask yourself a couple questions:

What types of recruiting classes are possible at CREIGHTON?

How much money is there for hoops at CREIGHTON?

Think for two seconds before you post. Every time you post something that you think is smart and witty, you make yourself look like one of the dumbest people on the planet.
None of that matters. Any coach who has been to only two (now three) Sweet 16s in 24 seasons of coaching absolutely cannot be referred to as an incredible coach. That’s just stupid.

After watching last night’s game, I would not be mad at all if he were named head coach at UK. Yes he has the benefit of super seniors but they work and play hard for him. His style of play is fun and they execute very well. At this point, put him at the helm of the Cats and see what he can do with the resources we have….especially if he goes to the Elite Eight or Final Four.

He's got TWO super seniors due to the COVID stuff. I chalk this performance up to a team that was able to use the COVID eligibility to gain a few players back, who would have otherwise been gone.

What would Creighton look like this year, in a normal season? They would be without their best player in Scheierman, and a role player in Farabello. Maybe, McDermott is able to get a transfer or a 3-star recruit to replace them, but that's still a big gap. Remove these two guys from the team.. is Creigton missing the tournament just like a few other good-but-not-great Big East teams? I think so.

One thing I want to be careful of, is avoiging hiring a coach who benefited too much from the COVID nonsense that effectively allowed some coaches to have a big advantage. Count McDermott on that list for me. He'd need to win the title.
You and JFCats. Lordy Lordy. Brothers?

You and JFCats. Lordy Lordy. Brothers?

If you can't see my other posts asking for a new coach, then just put me on ignore. Personally, I think you're one of the bigger clowns on these forums. You don't offer anything useful. I generally try to just skip past your posts because they're pure trash.

Like none of what I said in that post has anything to do with Cal. It's literally focused on who our next coach will be. Either contribute to the discussion or again, just put me on ignore.

Right now a competent coach who wants to win basketball games would be an upgrade. People dissing these other coaches need to chill.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Spoken like a true ccc lover

What’s so weird about @JFCats22 is I vividly remember him bashing the hell out of Calipari and calling for him to resign/ be fired before Cal even fell off. He would come into game threads and bash him. Bash him in threads all over the board. Then around 2020 (so he must like him for other reasons now) he completely flipped his stance and began chastising people for even being critical of Calipari.

Or maybe he’s just the ultimate troll but he doesn’t post like your average troll so I’m befuddled to be honest.

Right now a competent coach who wants to win basketball games would be an upgrade. People dissing these other coaches need to chill.
Imagine watching what we’ve seen out of Cal for 5 years and ripping ANY other coach in the country (minus Kenny Payne)

I’ve kinda laughed off the “Cal has people brainwashed” posts, but good God man, it’s starting to look like that might be the case.

Reactions: Ugoff
I dont know if he's "amazing", but he is a good coach. There were people who thought after his son was gone that McDermott wouldn't do much. It's not like McDermott is out there signing 4-5 guys every year in the top 150 of the recruiting services.

Reactions: Jamal Mercer
I dont know if he's "amazing", but he is a good coach. There were people who thought after his son was gone that McDermott wouldn't do much. It's not like McDermott is out there signing 4-5 guys every year in the top 150 of the recruiting services.
But he sucks because he can’t take Creighton……..CREIGHTON……to the sweet 16 every year lol.

Reactions: Ugoff
🤣🤣🤣

You are right. UK should get Calapari as the coach next year. He has been to waaay more sweet sixteens.

Tom Crean has also been to a final four, unlike that loser McDermott. He is available.

Reactions: bnewt
I live in Omaha. I hate Creighton. I hate that they are without a doubt a better basketball program than Kentucky, at this point in time. Not near the talent. But an incredible coach that makes them a yearly contender now
I'm sure McDermott is a fine coach but Creighton is not Kentucky. What is good enough there will not be good enough here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT