ADVERTISEMENT

Greensboro roll call.

I’ve got 2 extra lower level, end zone tix I am wanting to part with if anyone is interested. PM me for details.

Never attempted it. Know it limits severely of what parts of the world I'll ever see but oh well. I'm severely petrified of heights and everyone telling me flying is different hasn’t convinced me to try.
I used to be really scared to fly. You know what cured me? Just sucking it up and flying overseas to Amsterdam . By the time you get back you will cured because of how many different flights you end up taking. Life is way too short to box yourself in like that. I'd rather die trying than hiding away from the world.

Reactions: bluegoad72
You can get upper level seats for Friday for $35.
Thanks to all who gave ticket purchase options . I ended up purchasing from RateYourSeats….not a bad price for 2 rows back in the end zone. Anyway, I deviated from what I thought was an immovable position…that being one who cast aside all the angst associated with the past few years of Kentucky basketball and spent money to see these Cats play live. At the end of the day, I realized my love for our bball program outweighed my common sense to “boycott” attending games.

Hoping these plans do nothing to prove the old saying, “A fool and his money are soon parted”.

GBB!

After traveling to the debacle in Indy last year I swore they would have to win something for me to continue travelling to watch. Final four and next year I will chase.
I've sworn off ever watching UK play in Indy again. Think about this - last 4 games there:

Loss to Wisconsin with historic 38-0 team.
Demolished by Duke (Zion/RJ team).
Embarrassed by St. Peter's.
Loss to a subpar Michigan State team.

Reactions: TexKat
I'm deathly afraid of heights, too, but it isn't the height that kills you. The most dangerous parts are taking off and landing. Can't recover from a botched landing or from not having enough altitude. Once you're up they're your very safe. If something goes wrong there is time to recover. If not, then the impact is all the same and your last memories will go up in smoke. Once you've gotten past all that, the real problem becomes the hassle and the cost.
I'm scared of heights too but I think for me it is about control. Like I would be fine if I could fly the damn plane LOL. But nah, I started flying and taking a valium/xanax or drinking enough that I didn't care and slowly got comfortable with it to where now I don't need anything to fly.

And to tell you how bad it was, I've reneged on 2 flights and drove instead at the last minute. One was from Louisville to Florida, I chickened out at the last minute and drove 12 hours instead of a 2 hour flight. And then from Dallas to Houston, I decided to drive as I'm getting ready to board. So I totally get the absolute terror you feel. You just have to figure out a way to get on your flight and over time it gets easier.

Reactions: NociHTTP
My two boys (6&12) and I will be there in sec 103. I live in the Raleigh area so it's too close not to go. Will be my boys first cats game live.

Yeah I way overspent for all sessions Friday but you guys can still get in on the cheap. Let’s fill it up

My two boys (6&12) and I will be there in sec 103. I live in the Raleigh area so it's too close not to go. Will be my boys first cats game live.
Also live in Raleigh. Me and my 20yr old son be there on Sunday if we win Friday

I'm scared of heights too but I think for me it is about control. Like I would be fine if I could fly the damn plane LOL. But nah, I started flying and taking a valium/xanax or drinking enough that I didn't care and slowly got comfortable with it to where now I don't need anything to fly.

And to tell you how bad it was, I've reneged on 2 flights and drove instead at the last minute. One was from Louisville to Florida, I chickened out at the last minute and drove 12 hours instead of a 2 hour flight. And then from Dallas to Houston, I decided to drive as I'm getting ready to board. So I totally get the absolute terror you feel. You just have to figure out a way to get on your flight and over time it gets easier.
I've never liked heights. I could tolerate them though. Flew like 30 times in the Air Force. Something happened the day I went up in the Willis (Sears) Tower in Chicago that changed that. I think the whole 9/11 thing was messing with me subconsciously.

The elevator ride up started it. I think it did something like 2 or 3 floors a second all the way up to 108. Then once I stood on the floor and felt the building sway, I started having a panic attack or something. My heart was racing, I was sweating, and I felt a little dizzy and nauseous. I ended up not staying up there to long and just got back to ground level.

Ever since that, just being on a balcony a ways up at a hotel bothers me. Watching videos or movies with heights bother me. I hadn't flown since like 94 or 95 and was about to in 2020 to go on a trip with my son, but Covid caused it to get canceled and I still haven't flown.

I'm deathly afraid of heights, too, but it isn't the height that kills you. The most dangerous parts are taking off and landing. Can't recover from a botched landing or from not having enough altitude. Once you're up they're your very safe. If something goes wrong there is time to recover. If not, then the impact is all the same and your last memories will go up in smoke. Once you've gotten past all that, the real problem becomes the hassle and the cost.
The taking of and landing are my favorite parts 😊 A pilot came in way too hot one time in the Dominican Republic though 😳

I've never liked heights. I could tolerate them though. Flew like 30 times in the Air Force. Something happened the day I went up in the Willis (Sears) Tower in Chicago that changed that. I think the whole 9/11 thing was messing with me subconsciously.

The elevator ride up started it. I think it did something like 2 or 3 floors a second all the way up to 108. Then once I stood on the floor and felt the building sway, I started having a panic attack or something. My heart was racing, I was sweating, and I felt a little dizzy and nauseous. I ended up not staying up there to long and just got back to ground level.

Ever since that, just being on a balcony a ways up at a hotel bothers me. Watching videos or movies with heights bother me. I hadn't flown since like 94 or 95 and was about to in 2020 to go on a trip with my son, but Covid caused it to get canceled and I still haven't flown.
I love that elevator. The wind shakes it around. I enjoyed going out onto the glass platforms once up there and looking down on the cars. They looked like ants.

I have a very difficult time with climbing towers and going out on platforms. When hubby and I went up Mt Greylock I hyperventilated and started moaning, and got dizzy. Once we got up there I was able to look out straight into the hills and mountains, but he had to cover everything below my nose so that I couldn't see down.

Mine, too! Just something about taxying and then the plane just starts accelerating. The last time we flew it was in an CRJ-900. That thing accelerated and lifts very quickly haha :p

Sometimes just getting older causes that. I can’t do many of the things I did in high school anymore. I at least worry a lot more about things.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
I have a very difficult time with climbing towers and going out on platforms. When hubby and I went up Mt Greylock I hyperventilated and started moaning, and got dizzy. Once we got up there I was able to look out straight into the hills and mountains, but he had to cover everything below my nose so that I couldn't see down.
Not trying to say flying is easy or not. Been too long since my 1st flight (30yrs), and probably flown 100 times since then.
But I will say that I too am not a fan of heights, not even like going up ladder to house roof. But in plane I don’t notice am up high unless looking out the window (which I do like to do to see the topography); to me the bigger concern (mainly on small, sometimes medium jets) is the feeling of being closed in.
On international flights I either am watching movie, sleeping or eating (motion sickness if I try to read on plane or in car). Even on a short 1hr flight I’ve gone to sleep before.
But if flying is a fear you want to get over I suggest 1st flight being short, so worst case you panic for only an hour. You could try NyQuil or something to make you a little drowsy. And have something to focus on, reading a book, game on phone that works in airplane mode, something.

Never attempted it. Know it limits severely of what parts of the world I'll ever see but oh well. I'm severely petrified of heights and everyone telling me flying is different hasn’t convinced me to try.
I don't even like elevators, after the 6th floor I'm done 😩🤣🤣

Will be there with wife and kids. There is NOTHING better for a UK fan than being at the dance!

I'm afraid I didn't clarify myself. I've flown (we took a trip to New York and Massachusetts last October). It's not flying that bothers me, it's climbing up towers and onto platforms that scares me lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT