ADVERTISEMENT

Green and SKJ did not practice today

Bad news but better to be shorthanded now than in March.

Cal sounded kind of frustrated with SKJ’s injury after the game Saturday. He gave the impression that he wasn’t aware it was that serious. Oh well, I guess it may be if he didn’t practice today.

It takes 2-3 days for the swelling to go down on Sports injury with a Finger to the eye is bad in basketball. Green should be ok by Saturday and it was good that we had 7 days for the eye to heal. He will probably wear sports goggles to protect the eye when playing basketball. It did sound like Coach Cal wasn't aware about SKJ because he said when he heard that SKJ didn't feel comfortable about playing Coach Cal just said next one up! I believe Ty Wynyard will do just fine in place for SKJ and he did on Saturday in New York. I would Wynyard some more minutes and see what he can do with extended playing time when Richards is out for foul trouble or a rest. We will be fine come Saturday with 2 injuries and the other 2 Injuries with Vanderbilt and Baker we knew wouldn't be playing on Saturday.

Blessing in disguise is my take.
Get some guys extra burn while bringing these guys in with energy when ready (I presume Saturday).

Reactions: awf
Green was shooting it really well Saturday. Still enough time hopefully

I have not seen vtech play so I️ looked at their top 8 guys.
They have some size.
Pt guard is 6’2” and the rest of the wings are all 6’6” with some bulk.
Their big dude is 6’10” 260ish and putting up 13 and 7 per game.
Will be a great test.

Reactions: Attaboy-blue
Cal sounded kind of frustrated with SKJ’s injury after the game Saturday. He gave the impression that he wasn’t aware it was that serious. Oh well, I guess it may be if he didn’t practice today.

He basically missed 2/3 of last season because he couldn't practice through his tendinitis. My guess is Cal wishes he'd tough it out more.

Reactions: spotter34
We can beat VT with out SKJ as Tai is a good backup but we don't have a 3rd guard with Baker out so we need Green to win against VT . But I can't believe his eye will still be swollen by Saturday as it was just Monday . I bet he can go on Saturday. But he will need to wear goggles.

Reactions: howercat
Kevin "Knocks" Knox would be an awesome nickname.

Rafferty: Knocks Knox
Other guy: Who's there?
Rafferty: Onions!
(Cut to commercial)

enhanced-buzz-16140-1289425348-6.jpg

Did anyone hear how Quade Green's eye was on Tuesday evening and if the swelling is going down? I know Coach Cal said he was on the court on Monday he just didn't practice with the team. I was just wondering if his eye was better today and if he would be practicing Wednesday. Most Bad Poked eye injuries in basketball takes approx. 48 hours for the swelling to go down. Just wondering if anyone heard how Green was doing today.

Did anyone hear how Quade Green's eye was on Tuesday evening and if the swelling is going down? I know Coach Cal said he was on the court on Monday he just didn't practice with the team. I was just wondering if his eye was better today and if he would be practicing Wednesday. Most Bad Poked eye injuries in basketball takes approx. 48 hours for the swelling to go down. Just wondering if anyone heard how Green was doing today.

I have a friend that has a friend that has a girlfriend that saw him on campus using a white cane with a red tip.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT