ADVERTISEMENT

Great win, but...

My only concern is does the defense regress when Mitchell comes back and Thiero looses the bulk of the minutes at the 4. And now that we saw Edwards play a lot at the 4 splitting time w Thiero and how much more comfortable he looks attacking against an opposing 4 instead of a 3 that can match his athleticism….i really hope we don’t start going way more 2 guard lineups as a result of Mitchell being back
Mitchell is a big key to our defense with his communication and when fully healthy, the rebounding should improve as well. Frankly, we don't really know what we could be defensively when the full team has only been together 20+ minutes of the Ole Miss game.

Thiero is starting in my mind no matter what but even if he isn't, he, DJ, Reed, Ugo and Reeves anchor that side of the ball with Mitchell. I'm not too worried about offense even when Edwards is off. Hopefully he'll get more shots when he's feeling it and defer to the hot hand when he's off.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Lose at Miss St and we're right back in the same spot. Same with Auburn last week. It was an impressive win, just like today's dominant win over Alabama. Once again, I was expecting a loss.

But if you lose to Miss St, this win is lost in the balance.
Can you people really not enjoy a win and be happy for at least 4/5 hours before complaining about what may happen if we lose the next game?

Reactions: IL Wildcat
I gotta think if I'm this team for here on out, every game has got to be winnable.

No more giving up on making plays and forcing up bad shots, defense lapses, etc.

Cal has to develop that "gotta win" mentality on this team.

We've arguably laid enough eggs this season, lets play for real now.

Completely agree. I was irritated at one point tonight watching, not because I was disappointed in our intensity and play in this game, but because I want to see this same intensity every time out. This team plays best when they think everyone expects them to lose, including the fanbase. The problem for these guys has come when they're expected to win.

Well, all I can say is this: Cal needs to figure out how to get these thinking every opponent is dominant and is expected to beat us. If they think they must play their best to win, they find a way. If they think they can "get by" it's usually not a good effort, and often a loss.

Miss St has won 5 in a row now. They're gonna be tough at home. Maybe that will be enough to get our guys' attention. I sure hope so because it's a must win in my opinion.
This!

the craziness of Calipari coached basketball

UK beats 3 of the top 10 net teams in the nation and isn't considered a favorite to win it all

Mitchell is a big key to our defense with his communication and when fully healthy, the rebounding should improve as well. Frankly, we don't really know what we could be defensively when the full team has only been together 20+ minutes of the Ole Miss game.

Thiero is starting in my mind no matter what but even if he isn't, he, DJ, Reed, Ugo and Reeves anchor that side of the ball with Mitchell. I'm not too worried about offense even when Edwards is off. Hopefully he'll get more shots when he's feeling it and defer to the hot hand when he's off.
Sorry, but if you think Mitchell is a big key to our defense, and I would question if you have watched him play defensively this yr. On a team full of poor defenders, Mitchell has been one of the worst. He is slow and lazy, hates physicality, and is frequently out of position...

If he is the key to UKs defense, UK is in big trouble defensively, because Mitchell is awful on defense.

Lose at Miss St and we're right back in the same spot. Same with Auburn last week. It was an impressive win, just like today's dominant win over Alabama. Once again, I was expecting a loss.

But if you lose to Miss St, this win is lost in the balance.
I thought you had posted: Great win but, CCC is still the coach!

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT