ADVERTISEMENT

Great passers to play for UK

jeffky

Sophomore
Sep 22, 2017
SHEP is amazing no doubt
Larry Conley blast from the past and Cliff Hagan I heard stated that Linville Puckett was the best he ever played with
Name yours

I would say Rondo was the best. I think Reed is a bit better passer than Rondo but Rondo had that
lightning speed that created more assist opportunities with his driving.

Rondo, Ulis. Travis Ford was good. Roger Harden was smart enough to throw it to Kenny Walker. Said he figured that out at McDonald’s All American practice.

For bigger guys, Mashburn could do it all. Daniels was excellent.

Rondo, Ulis. Travis Ford was good. Roger Harden was smart enough to throw it to Kenny Walker. Said he figured that out at McDonald’s All American practice.

For bigger guys, Mashburn could do it all. Daniels was excellent.
I forgot about Daniels. I change my pick.

Reactions: Aike
Meanwhile, Sean Sutton & Saul Smith are quietly waiting for just a little love.

I couldn't help myself.

Signed,

Herky

The best passing team I've ever seen. LOVED that 03-04 team. What a shock loss to UAB. We were the best team in the country leading up to the tournament.
That was the most surprising UK season ever for me. I remember being frustrated before that season because Tubby had not recruited enough players – and no Bigs. Come on, Daniels as your Center? I thought, “how is that supposed to work?” I thought that team would get crushed. And, as you said, they actually turned out to be pretty special. Played the five starters 30 minutes a piece (didn’t have much choice). The sum was definitely greater than the parts.

Crazy one that no one remembers is Antione Walker - hear me out.......He came to UK billed as the next Magic Johnson.......was going to be a 6'8 pg or point forward type......and at UK did display some of that......watch some of the passes he makes in the 96 title run. Walter got tons of dunks off of high low dumps from Antione. In the NBA however, he simply got that reputation as a volume shooter with the C's. Never really was the playmaker he was deemed to be at a young age. But a great passer none the less. Still has the greatest quote ever though.....Antione, why do you shoot so many 3's? "Because there are no 4's!"

Dillingham has made several great passes. The problem with some of his is that teammates are not ready for the pass. He should have many more assists.

Reactions: BC_Wader
SHEP is amazing no doubt
Larry Conley blast from the past and Cliff Hagan I heard stated that Linville Puckett was the best he ever played with
Name yours
Big Z ain't bad. Also Sam Bowie was a great passer for a big man.

Larry Conley from Ashland was the leader of Rupp Runts and day in and day out made that team. He was the straw that stored that drink.
I think this is absolutely correct, MHD !

The Runts were 27-2 in the '65-'66 season and No. 1 in the country when they lost to Texas Western in the NCAA Finals. Dampier was a consensus 1st team All-American, and Riley made most all of the All-American teams. Larry Conley and Tommy Kron were seniors that year. Here are the assist leaders that year: Conley, 100; Riley, 64; Kron, 45; Dampier, 37.

As we all know, the next year ... when Riley and Dampier were seniors and Conley had graduated ... the 'Cats were 13-13, unranked, and did not make it to the NCAA Tournament. As you said, MHD ... Conley was the straw that stirred the drink in '66 ! ! !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT