ADVERTISEMENT

Great Beer....the sequel

higher-math.jpg

17% abv and an incredible finish.
Will definitely get when available.

Reactions: Willy4UK
World of Beers opened last week in Louisville by Costco. I had never been to one but they had 45+ quality beers on tap, 500 bottles, and excellent appetizers. East end of Louisville needed something like this, I was impressed and will be back.

Love the thread. First time, long time.
Anyone know of a good Irish Cream Ale that is available in the bottle in KY? My boss was raving about Kilkenny's but that is not available here in the bottle (that I can find). Trying to brown nose a bit.

You got 8 out of 10 correct--That's pretty good, but there's always more to learn about beer:

Last for me was Deschutes Black Butte Porter. Liked it, would buy again.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
I tried Sierra Nevada Celebration last week and it was very good.

I've been looking all over the place for Broken Skull IPA by El Segundo Brewery but so far only come across Mayberrry IPA by them.

Love the thread. First time, long time.
Anyone know of a good Irish Cream Ale that is available in the bottle in KY? My boss was raving about Kilkenny's but that is not available here in the bottle (that I can find). Trying to brown nose a bit.

Glad to have you. Welcome. Awesome beer posters here.

What does your skin smell like after lots of drinking?

Ballast Point is now being distributed in Kentucky as of last week! No more treks to Jungle Jims for my Sculpin fix...

49789.jpg
Tried this as an impulse buy. Loving it. Lots of pine hops but not overbearing. Has a little bit of bitterness but a sweet aftertaste.

I bought this today after your post and seeing that it has a 94 percent on Beer Advocate. Definitely had an odd taste but I enjoy it. It got me buzzed pretty dang fast too.

No ish. The things I'm reading in this thread I am sure these are women rating these, right?

"Can't taste the alcohol"
"Slight Cherry Flavor"
"Orange Zest with a hint of chocolate"

I mean come on. Gimme me a effing break. Do you mfer's get a pair of yoga pants when you buy your little 6 packs?

No ish. The things I'm reading in this thread I am sure these are women rating these, right?

"Slight Cherry Flavor"

I mean come on. Gimme me a effing break. Do you mfer's get a pair of yoga pants when you buy your little 6 packs?
No you usually get those with the Bud lights and Mic Ultras of the world.

"Slight Cherry Flavor"

54963769.jpg

I'm no beer expert, obviously, but...

The Sam Adams "Winter Classics" variety pack is the best variety pack I've ever bought. Chocolate Bock (actually good), Old Fezziwig Ale, Sparkling Ale, Holiday Porter, Winter Lager, and regular Boston Lager make it a damn good 12 pack you can buy at Wal-Mart. Will get again next weekend. Very pleasantly surprised.

I pick one the variety packs up also.
I liked the Chocolate Bock best, desert beer with like a caffe' mocha aftertaste.
The Holiday Porter was good, like a better Guinness. Along with the Fezziwig Ale was my 3 favorites in the pack that I would buy in a 6-pack.

Boston Lager was decent.
The Sparkling Ale reminded my of a high carbonation Budweiser Rolling Rock.
The Winter Lager, I would never drink again. Must been the cinnamon and ginger felt like I had to shave my tongue.

I pick one the variety packs up also.
I liked the Chocolate Bock best, desert beer with like a caffe' mocha aftertaste.
The Holiday Porter was good, like a better Guinness. Along with the Fezziwig Ale was my 3 favorites in the pack that I would buy in a 6-pack.

Boston Lager was decent.
The Sparkling Ale reminded my of a high carbonation Budweiser Rolling Rock.
The Winter Lager, I would never drink again. Must been the cinnamon and ginger felt like I had to shave my tongue.
Those are two different beers

Had a Bad Mother Shucker from Abita, it's an oyster stout. Didn't taste the oyster in it. Kinda disappointing

Y'all got a Total Wine in Austin?
Two, actually. Both opened during the past year. One located out south and another about 10 miles north in Cedar Park. Layout is very similar to the Orlando-Colonial Drive store, but roughly 1/2 of the craft beer selection is not. We see lotsa West Coast and Plains states brews out here whereas Orlando-area outlets receive more East Coast and Midwest stuff. Like every other retail outlet in central Texas, each store is beholden to the distributors.

But Abita is readily available in both FL and TX, so perhaps I may find this particular beer.

Gotcha. Glad you got them
I'm in total love with Funky Buddha and Barley Mow breweries. I'm gonna start putting a collection of selections when ur down

I'm no beer expert, obviously, but...

The Sam Adams "Winter Classics" variety pack is the best variety pack I've ever bought. Chocolate Bock (actually good), Old Fezziwig Ale, Sparkling Ale, Holiday Porter, Winter Lager, and regular Boston Lager make it a damn good 12 pack you can buy at Wal-Mart. Will get again next weekend. Very pleasantly surprised.
Bought this today so I'll have something on had I know I'll like. I don't think you can go wrong with anything they make.

I have tried Bell's Christmas Ale and Founder's Harvest Ale recently. The Harvest Ale was $13.99 for a 4 pack. Seemed very average to me at that price point. Probably one of their least favorite offerings for me. The Christmas Ale was really smooth. I almost feel like i could drink it anytime of the year. A 6 pack was $11.99.

Anyone know where in Lexington you can get Uinta Golden Spike? It's distributed in KY but Liquor Barn nor Beer Trappe have it.

The damn Liquor Barn express in Chevy Chase, which caters mostly to winos and people looking to buy blunt wrappers,has a better beer selection than the 75,000 sq ft monstrosity in Hamburg. Sometimes the world doesn't make sense.

The damn Liquor Barn express in Chevy Chase, which caters mostly to winos and people looking to buy blunt wrappers,has a better beer selection than the 75,000 sq ft monstrosity in Hamburg. Sometimes the world doesn't make sense.

Exactly. I use the one in Hamburg as it's close to my house but damn, it's beer selection is shit.

Reactions: We-Todd-Did
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT