ADVERTISEMENT

Graphic during football game

What really stinks is that when they do this (intentional or unintentional) it actually makes UK fans look bad because they act like we are overreacting and we are paranoid. “It’s just those crazy, delusional UK fans.”

I’m sure they screw up other stuff for other programs, but it happens to us over and over again. I mean, the graphic made me laugh more than anything. The issue with the app was infuriating. I about lost it.
I think it was that combined with the showing IU/Cincy over our game and then. It getting in the app. It was like the whole thing was a giant middle finger to BBN.

We could eliminated few things if we assume that ESPN's graphic is correct in some way. Spoiler alert, I can't find a way it's correct.

At a glance we all can assume.

1: All time wins in basketball can't be the answer.

2: We know UK football has started 3-0 more that 4 times.

3: This is poorly done football comparison.

All-time wins list in football:
NC is first on this list at #30 with 715 wins.
UK #47 with 642.
KU #68 with 592.
DU #95 with 523.

That's not it.

This must mean that out of the four blood bloods listed that have started 3-0 in football, Kansas has done it more than Duke. Duke has done it more than NC. NC has done it more than UK. That has to be it, right?

NC has started at least 3-0 30 times in thier history.

Kansas did this 27 times.

DU did this 24 times.

UK 23 times.

That doesn't match the graphic.

Year each team started football.
KU 1901
NC 1902
UK 1915
DU 1922

Number of seasons for undefeated starts counted before UK started playing.

KU 10
NC 6

UK started 7 years before Duke but, didn't have a season to count until 1922.

Kentucky started at least 3-0 23 times. Breakdown of where the streaks ended.
3-0 - 7 times
4-0 - 7 times *
5-0 - 7 times
6-0 - 1 time
10-0 1 time

*Includes 2022 and could change.

Longest wins from start of season, 10 In 1950.

I used sports-refrence DOT com for season records. I used winsipedia for the all times wins list. Any errors found in this post are likely mine. I did not include seasons that included a tie in the early games. A tie isn't a win. NC had two and Duke had one and wouldn't have changed anything anyway.

The only thing I can think of that might make this graphic correct is.....

4. The number of times those programs blatantly cheated and got away with it.

It was wrong (I was more mad about missing the 1st Quarter).

But you have to realize how this happens. It is not someone in Bristol doing this. There is a Producer (sometimes employed by ESPN, sometimes they are a third party company that freelances). The producer puts together the things that will air, and someone on the team makes the graphic.

It is not a conspiracy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT