ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else notice the all time wins discrepancy on the graphic during the game?

It’s 5 games..
Records at the beginning of season. Now it’s UK 2379 KU 2372

18306-C31-9-B38-4-E0-E-9178-0-D55105-E42-C2.jpg

Last edited:
Records at the beginning of season. Now it’s UK 2379 KU 2372

18306-C31-9-B38-4-E0-E-9178-0-D55105-E42-C2.jpg

From a ksr article

“When word of Kansas’ IARP ruling first broke this afternoon, it seemed the Jayhawks merely got slapped on the wrist for their part in the college hoops bribery scandal.

Not so fast! Although the program, head coach Bill Self, and assistant coach Kurtis Townsend escaped major penalties, Kansas is being forced to vacate all wins in which Silvio De Sousa played during the 2017-18 season, a total of 15, including its wins from the Big 12 and 2018 NCAA Tournaments. That means the Jayhawks will no longer be able to recognize their Final Four appearance or their Big 12 Championship.

Most importantly, for Kentucky fans, it means that Kansas’ all-time wins total is reduced by 15, which puts Kentucky BACK on top of the NCAA All-Time Wins list. The Cats now have a five-win lead over the Jayhawks.

NCAA All-Time Wins

Kentucky – 2,375
Kansas – 2,370
North Carolina – 2,343
Duke – 2,273
Syracuse – 2,074
UCLA – 1,989
Temple – 1,978
St. John’s – 1,968
Notre Dame 1,948
Back on top and it feels so good.”

Reactions: Ky grandpa
From a ksr article

“When word of Kansas’ IARP ruling first broke this afternoon, it seemed the Jayhawks merely got slapped on the wrist for their part in the college hoops bribery scandal.

Not so fast! Although the program, head coach Bill Self, and assistant coach Kurtis Townsend escaped major penalties, Kansas is being forced to vacate all wins in which Silvio De Sousa played during the 2017-18 season, a total of 15, including its wins from the Big 12 and 2018 NCAA Tournaments. That means the Jayhawks will no longer be able to recognize their Final Four appearance or their Big 12 Championship.

Most importantly, for Kentucky fans, it means that Kansas’ all-time wins total is reduced by 15, which puts Kentucky BACK on top of the NCAA All-Time Wins list. The Cats now have a five-win lead over the Jayhawks.

NCAA All-Time Wins

Kentucky – 2,375
Kansas – 2,370
North Carolina – 2,343
Duke – 2,273
Syracuse – 2,074
UCLA – 1,989
Temple – 1,978
St. John’s – 1,968
Notre Dame 1,948
Back on top and it feels so good.”

F5-C361-BE-15-A0-4707-8337-31-C8042639-F1.jpg

Hmmm…Yeah I see both numbers online. I think that the general consensus on the board is that the lead is 5 games. That’s what I think I’ve seen others discussing. But hey..I’m all for 7 lol

Reactions: rabbitTown
Hmmm…Yeah I see both numbers online. I think that the general consensus on the board is that the lead is 5 games. That’s what I think I’ve seen others discussing. But hey..I’m all for 7 lol
I think Jack Pilgrim got confused when they first announced Kansas had to vacate those wins. He and Matt Jones initially had said it was a 15 or 16 game advantage for UK. Pretty sure it’s 7 though.

I've wondered to. I've seen 5 and 7 online. Most here say it's 5. The internet has it 7. I want to know for sure too.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Among the top teams, UK is 1st in wins and last in losses.

But only 2nd in ties. If only Coach Cal would wear a tie.

EDIT:

I was playing with the wiki stats on:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...s_in_NCAA_Division_I_men's_college_basketball

As a state we have 3 in the top 10 of winning % and 4 of the top 11.
UK : #1
WKU: #7
Murray St: #10
UL: #11

The difference in losses between UK (#1) and UNC (#2) is 103. 749 vs 852

Last edited:
To me, the overall ALL Time wins means having to compare Kansas playing 5 more seasons to begin with than Kentucky. Kansas went 26-30 in those earliest of years.

Even the playing field, throwing those early seasons out, Kentucky has a rather larger margin of nearly 30+ games. No Contest, if you want to compare apples to apples, so to speak.

In my eyes, it's the overall win percentage that tells the tale of the tape.

Go Big Blue - always !

To me, the overall ALL Time wins means having to compare Kansas playing 5 more seasons to begin with than Kentucky. Kansas went 26-30 in those earliest of years.

Even the playing field, throwing those early seasons out, Kentucky has a rather larger margin of nearly 30+ games. No Contest, if you want to compare apples to apples, so to speak.

Go Big Blue - always !
Agreed

Go Big Blue - always !
Then you have to put in an asterisk next to "All-time Winningest"... Converting to a percentage or "evening the playing field", is a contrived statistic, that no one takes it seriously outside of our fan base.
It's a bad look to even bring it up. It's actually something I could see a Kansas fan boasting about if it fit them. It's a bread banner.
Give them credit for playing basketball before us (which no one cares about), and us for having more wins than they do (a statistic that is on par with most national championships)

Looking at the edit history, someone has updated UK's record in Wikipedia to give them two more victories after last season was over (from 2375 to 2377). Someone corrected it back down to 2375 but then it was readjusted back up to 2377 and also added another loss (from 748 to 749).

Not sure why these edits were done. As far as I know the record prior to this season should be 2375-748-1. Of course the current record is 2377-748-1 with the two victories last week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT